Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
liberator211

Default Who is still boating?

Just wondering who still has their boat in the water and how long they were planning on leaving the boat in. I have a closed cooling system so I still have many weeks ahead of me. Nothing like having frost on the windshield of the boat. Have a great weekend.
liberator211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
kchace

Default There may be frost this weekend

My boat resides on a trailer, but I plan to be on the lake this Sunday for a daylong cruise. As much as I hate to think it, this will probably be my last day boating until next spring.

Ken
kchace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Seeker

Hauled mine Wednesday only because club shut down facilities on Monday. It does get a little cool in a center console this time of year. Supposed to be in 20s tonight.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Resident 2B

Unhappy Sad Day

Just finished taking our boat out today. I have a closed cooling system so the weather is not a concern. It will be cold the next few days though and we could see a dusting within a week.

My problem is the water depth around the dock. Props cost too much now days.

How many days until ice out?

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
John A. Birdsall

Red face boats in water

Now tomorrow morning my Dad's boat gets pulled It has open cooling, meaning its a party boat, hope it warms up enough to get the boat from Echo Point to Roberts cove.

Whether my boat gets pulled tomorrow afternoon or Sunday Morning is the question. Then there is the two oar row boat. yup that will go to sleep this weekend also.

It has been a great boating season even if the gas prices were high. If you love boating like I do, then gas prices are but a little bump.

Have a safe winter, and those of you who want to test the ice for thickness, give it a chance and then check it on foot.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
Island Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
Just finished taking our boat out today. I have a closed cooling system so the weather is not a concern. It will be cold the next few days though and we could see a dusting within a week.

My problem is the water depth around the dock. Props cost too much now days.

R2B
Water depth was an issue for me last weekend. Got stuck docking when I forgot to raise the lower unit - fortunately it was deep sand. And, my, how those pesky rocks in our cove have grown. Boating in October is great - felt like we had the whole lake to ourselves on Monday - but we did a few late night rides and it was chilly!!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
chipj29

I am pretty sure I am done. Due to an amazingly busy fall, my bottom has not been wet since Labor Day. Sounds like a personal problem, I know.
I will be winterizing within the next 2-3 weeks. Looking forward to snowmobile season now!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

We are still using the camp on Welch and usually take the water out about the 25th of Oct when Jeff Fay is starting to hint about hauling the Slickcraft out any day. After that, we will probably make a few trips over in Nov using the wife's Whaler which is on a trailer ready to launch.

I think that this is the best time of the year on the island: fairly quiet, a warm wood stove and nice walks across the island.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post

R2B
Too many as far as I'm concerned!!

We just dropped ours off for winterizing last Sunday but it wasn't by MY choice!! Unfortunately, the site we use for winter storage dictates that all items for storage must be delivered on 11/1 this year so in order to allow for cleaning, wash and wax, our boating season is finished. Otherwise, we'd be out there until ice in the cooling system became a concern. (It may be a closed-system but there's still lake water to contend with that cools the cooling system!)

On the plus side, I was able to get my last couple of W.O.T. passes in before the speed limit takes effect in January!! WOO HOO!!
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
robmac

Just pulled mine out so off to FL to keep boating
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Mink Islander

Default Still time....

The Wellcraft came out last week, but the Whaler Montauk won't come out until after Thanksgiving. Lots of time....
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
Water Camper

Default Still Time Left

I'm in one of the boat houses at LakePort Landing. They don't put my boat up until mid to late November. So I plan on getting a few more trips out on the lake, as long as the weekend weather holds out.

Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
HUH

Default Boats in

Wont pull it out for a couple more weeks.. beautiful foliage cruising days left
HUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
Lake Fan

Heading out to the camp this weekend and closing up on Sunday.

Just a thought - does the speed limit apply to snowmobiles on the lake also?
They are on the water...frozen water, but still....
Lake Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
kjbathe

Default Just sent the e-mail

We're done.

Our next opportunity wouldn't be until November, and with the wet summer and freezing forecasts ahead, we just called it a season. Now, let the snow begin!!!
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Exclamation Usually til Thanksgiving

The water temperature keeps the boat fairly warm so that the motor won't freeze. Then I haul it out. Usually get a few runs in between now and Thanksgiving.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
Island Girl

Default Couple more weeks

I usually pull it out the first of November... depends on the weather...

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #18
Audiofn

I hope to get out for my first and last run this weekend. I had a motor issue and with all the work I have been doing I did not have time to fix it even though it was a minor issue. It would be nice to get the per use down to under say 2 grand per use
Audiofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #19
Dave M

Default This weekend

Sadly its coming out this weekend. We did boat every day last weekend. We'll take one last long ride, cold doesn't bother me and the wife will have the heating blanket going. Will go some place to eat and then bring it to our marina. Will bring trailer over, they'll do the winterization, bottom wash, put on trailer and drop it off at the camp. Following weekend, cover boat, drain water in the camp. This is always depressing.

Did enjoy more boating this year though. See you next Spring.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #20
Ropetow

Default still in

We're still in, though churned up lots of mud pulling into the slip on Monday....yeah, forgot to raise the lower unit! "Official" take-out day was the 15th, but they are flexible, depending on weather. I always ask to be the last one out, thus the first one in! Heading out for a while tomorrow and Sunday....
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #21
Formula260SS

Pulled the family boat last weekend but the pontoon boat won't come out until the end of November. Still lots of work to do on the island but the wife and kids are done. Last year I think my last run was 12/2 ?? Just need to dress warm
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
codeman671

I pulled the wakeboard boat on Wednesday and the jet skiis last weeked. The big boat and my wife's boat will probably come out around Halloween but I will leave the toon in until mid-November so I can finish up some projects.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:38 AM   #23
gravy boat

Default Still Boating

We were out last weekend and will probably not winterize for a few weeks.

Last year we boated late -- I believe it was during the last weekend in October when it was sunny and warm. And I believe three years ago it was such a warm summer and early Fall that we were swimming in 67 degree water during the third weekend in October. That was a treat!
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #24
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up I was boating on the Lake today 10-18-08

I need a final "foliage cruise" to officially end my boating season and today was the day - October 18. I heard that last weekend was peak foliage but today was still really nice. It was one of those afternoons when you feel like you are the only one on the lake. I rarely saw another boat during our tour - Sanders Bay to Wolfeboro and the Bahre Estate and back via the "long route" (around and between a bunch of islands including Bear, Timber, Round, Mark and more).

Columbus Day is the end of the YC season but many boats are pulled both before and after the holiday. I ask to stay in the water for 8 days after Columbus Day. I don't know when they will actually haul the Sea Que out after that.

Mostly sunny, a slight breeze and chilly - very chilly. I looked ridiculous with a knit ski hat, thick gloves, heavy winter jackets and a blanket for my legs. My wife loved the ride as did my daughter and her friend. They laughed at the way I looked but my teeth weren't chattering like theirs were (my fingers were numb though).

Only 180 days (more or less) before the boat goes back in the water

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:41 AM   #25
Mr. Moyer

Unhappy last 2 days on the lake?

Went boating yesterday and friday, it was a decent day once the morning chill was gone. Unfortunately this may be it for me. We took out our dock, pulled the bowrider and brought it to be winterized. Always a sad day. Won't say I cried, but it's always tough to say goodbye to another season, thought about all of the new memories made and how, I'll never see my daughters that age again on the boat.

We still have the pontoon, which has an outboard, but may be the last time anyway, need to go away for 2 weeks for work and will start opening winter place. By then may need to winterize the outboard. Still like leaving it out as long as possible, just in case we get the global warming heat of the previous years and can go out in mid nov.

Will say that the winter close up went very seamless this year....a little too seamless. I keep going over in my head if I forgot something, or if we were just a well oiled winterizing machine this year. Oh well, we'll see in April, but can't get rid of the pit in my stomach.
Mr. Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #26
kayakn

Default 10-18 was beautiful

We went kayaking yesterday on the big lake. It was great. No boats, little breeze and the warm sun. The trees are spectacular. I had to get my camera and go back out for some pictures. Yesterday was truly a keeper. Today is starting w/more wind. So, yesterday may have been my last paddle....
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #27
PC31

Default Not yet

We will not be pulled until November. These next couple of weeks are great. No boats on the lake, no problem docking anywhere and the lake is beautiful. We dress warm start to get acclimated for winter and snowmobiling.

Last edited by PC31; 03-12-2011 at 02:14 PM.
PC31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #28
DickR

I pulled the little sailboat yesterday. Last sail was a week ago; very nice hour late in the day to end the sailing part of the season.

I usually wait until early November for the power boat, and after I do that, there's always that summer-like day mid-month that makes me envious of the occasional boat I see go by.

Worst November pull was maybe 8 years ago. Air temperature was 27 (British, not world), and there was a stiff 20 mph breeze coming across the LI beach. Water was comfortable with the waders on, as I pulled the boat through the last 200 feet or so of shallow water to the ramp. Cleaning the hull in the yard afterward was awkward. Even though I used a bucket of warm water, every swipe of the sponge left a thin green film of ice and algae behind.

One nice thing about pulling the boat late is the absence of ramp traffic. I can take my time. Have to keep an eye on lake levels, though. One year I had to lift the stern over the gravel bar surrounding the launch hole at the ramp. Another boat, much bigger, had no chance. I suggested they drive around to Harilla Landing, which they did.

Pulling the boat each year isn't so bad, knowing there is always another season not that many months ahead.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #29
White Rook
Deceased Member

Exclamation Water Camper -- Better Hurry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Camper View Post
I'm in one of the boat houses at LakePort Landing. They don't put my boat up until mid to late November. So I plan on getting a few more trips out on the lake, as long as the weekend weather holds out.

Bill
Hi Bill,

I hope your boat has been bottom washed. I called Ronnie yesterday to see if I could get mine bottom washed and placed on the trailer. They were too busy and said that they would get it done before the Lift-All is transported to the other location on Tuesday. Good luck.

P.S. Is it Bill & Sue?

Stevie -- Slip C26
Old 10-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #30
Misty Blue

Default True story...

'Went to pull the wifes 68 Century, Deb's Joy, out last week. She met me at the Center Harbor town docks. I had the trailer hooked to the truck, the trailer in the water at the ramp and she refused to put the boat on the trailer!

I ended up running up to Heath's True Value, buying a 2 gal. gas tank, filling it at the Irving and fueling up the boat so she could make it back to Braun Bay.

She promised that if I leave it wet she will use it! So far, so good.

I'll keep Misty in till I'm sure that there are no problems for my island pals.

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #31
rrr

Default Misty

I knew I liked your wife!
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Question Waffling Back and Fourth

We were shooting to stay until Thanksgiving weekend. I got cold feet and changed that to November 1st. Now I am having second thoughts again, especially knowing that Misty Blue is still around if we need him!

Will a light bulb really keep the engine in an I/O warm enough? Should we stay or should we go now?

R-Guy, you gotta love me!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #33
liberator211

Default Hard Frost Monday Morning 10/20

Here is the scene still at 10:00 AM Monday 10/20. Last year I was in until the weekend after Thanksgiving. If the cool temps continue I might have to be out earlier.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #34
Grady223

Sea Doo was out Labor Day, the Triumph was out Saturday, 10/11 and the Grady last Sunday, 10/12 - unfortunately - now goes the long 6 1/2 month wait - open May 2nd! Thats 193 days, but who's counting?
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #35
Ropetow

We are still in, on a week-to-week basis, as long as the weather holds. Went out last Saturday and it was beautiful, but chilly. Wonder if we should combine seasons and wear our ski clothing on the bowrider??
Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #36
looniac

Default Boating in October

We finally packed it in last weekend. It was spectacular. I hated to leave and, unlike last year at the same time, the lake level was great. No problem getting the thing into the very precarious Melvin Village Marina...
looniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #37
Misty Blue

Default ...and then the light bulb came on.

RIG

A lightbulb in the engine compartment works great to keep the engine from freezing. It is hard to freeze an engine this time of year because the boat and outdrive are sitting in 40 deg. water. It can't go below 39 deg. Water is just that way.

But Paaleeze be careful where you place it. It can't get wet. It can't be against something that will be damaged by temperature. Vinyl, plastic, rubber, etc. And it can't be in an area where it can break! Spark + Fuel = FIRE!

Never quit!

Misty Blue.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #38
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Upthesaukee

is now outta the Saukee. I begrudgingly put in on the trailer, and will be putting it in mothballs for the winter shortly.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #39
John A. Birdsall

Default boats done

We pulled the pontoon boat on Sat morning the 18th, had appointment at 10, went from Echo Point to Roberts cove and did not see any boats anywhere in operation. But I did see some fish jumping out of the water in the chestnut cove area. Water was probably too cold for them. I took my 10 lb pikihund (dog I think) with me, he hated the cold air, but loved the spot under the helm. It was cold. On Sunday Morning I got to pull my runabout out. There was Ice on the windshield, both inside and out. and my hands were frozen by the time I got to Victoria Peir. Been a good summer, used lots of carried aboard gas and knock on wood, no boat problems.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #40
T.H.E. Binz

Unhappy Always a Sad Day

Took the boat to Meredith Marina for the winter yesterday. It was so nice out that I went headway speed the whole way - took me an hour and a half instead of 20 minutes. Good thing I didn't do it today since this northeasterly gale has created large white caps almost everywhere!
T.H.E. Binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #41
Island Girl

Default Beautiful boating on Friday, the 24th

I was going to pull the boat yesterday, but ran out of time ... so for now I may get one more ride!!! (Each year I seem to get several of those!!!)

Friday afternoon was perfect on the lake... very calm and when dressed properly ... just outstanding!!

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #42
Ropetow

Default Great Day Sunday

Today was another real nice autumn afternoon. Saw maybe a dozen boats in about two hours. Each additional weekend of boating puts a week closer to ski season!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #43
Lakegeezer

Default boats are away

Yesterday the motorboat was put away, today the sailboat. The kayaks are still ready to go. It was soooo nice a day to be on the water.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #44
winnidiver

Default I am out, my so isn't

I took my boat out last weekend.Today I got to go for a ride with my boys to help the oldest close his island camp.Just a great day to be on the water.After the camp chores we just had to take a spin around Governor's. We were going to pull his boat when we got back, but it was so nice we decided to wait a week or so.
You can wait to long though.The first year my oldest son had his own boat he left in at Weirs until Dec.
He was coming up Sat to pull the boat.Fri. night it snowed about six inches.He lost his canvas, and after a very cold ride up the bay to Meredith we had to shovel the ramp in order to pull the boat.
winnidiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #45
BroadHopper

Thumbs up still boating!

Today was awesome! I couldn't believe how warm it was toward the end of the day. Had a nice walk around Sleepers Island.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #46
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Just took it out.

Great Day to end on. Ran her up to 59mph, figured I might as well get one last Legal high speed run on the way to the ramp.
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #47
Pineedles

Default Last Lega

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater View Post
Great Day to end on. Ran her up to 59mph, figured I might as well get one last Legal high speed run on the way to the ramp.
Whew! You almost said the forbidden words. Speed limit. Oops. Now I've done it, Oh gawd, I mean, oh Don please don't banish me to the neutral zone.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #48
White Rook
Deceased Member

Unhappy My 2008 Season Ended Yesterday.....

Hello All,

Yesterday was our 34th wedding anniversary. The wife and I planned on one last ride but I was too ill. Instead, 'Junior' (our son) took his current girlfriend for a nice ride from Lakeport Landing to Meredith and back. He loaded the boat on the trailer and brought it home for me. Lord willing, I'm already looking forward to next season!

Stevie
Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #49
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater View Post
Had my final ride for the season Sunday too , but not on the lake. Slammed the thottles to the dash for the first time all year on the way back to the ramp too. Figured if anything broke I have all winter to fix it
The ol' girls still got it
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #50
fatlazyless

Today was a wicked beauteous day out on the water....sunny....warm....lotta bright colored leaved and about 20 boats out past buoy 3...all day. Someone in a big black bass attacker blew past at what must have been 60mph....it was moov'n.

Someone in a flying fabric wing w/ pontoons must have had engine problems because they travelled the entire distance like a boat as opposed to like a plane. Never seen that before?

My boat will be in till January, or something, most likely. It's a smallish outboard.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #51
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow All done for 2008

We stowed the Mee'n'Mac on Saturday, the PWC as well. Finally a last day when it wasn't raining or freezing or both. Saw perhaps 3 other boats heading towards Shep Browns including one daring guy in a Sunfish outside of Glendale. It was getting a tad choppy by that point.

So is it too early to start waxing the Forum Flyer ?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #52
ghfromaltonbay

Default Winter is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
So is it too early to start waxing the Forum Flyer ?
Since we had several inches of snow here in northern NJ, I've been starting to think about the Winter Carnival as well, Mac.

Are we going to have a go at the bed race this year??
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:53 AM   #53
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Vita Bene was winterized yesterday and will be covered and put to rest for the winter tomorrow but the Shrimp (son and daughter's 1970 Viking 12' er with 8 HP merc) may take a journey out!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #54
colt17

Default this weekend

it will be cold but we plan to take the boat out this weekend for a cruise around the lake. Maybe make a pit stop at Lyons Den for lunch Im hoping for a few more weekend rides before we pull it out for the winter.
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #55
islandAl

Default almost done

two down and just the small aluminum outboard to go in anther 10 days
islandAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #56
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Just a reminder...

boat insurance policies that have a navigation period usually expire on 10-31, so if your boat is in the water and your policy has the exclusion, you may be uninsured.

Might want to check your policy.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #57
robmac

Looking at the lakes web cams looks as though there are alot of people enjoying a little more time on the water. Saw 3 boats at the public docks in Alton and 1 going by Bear cam,more power to them I am jealous.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #58
BroadHopper

Wink awesome weather today

Took a ride up to Batchelder Island today. Still warm with a few cold spots on the lake. The old gal was able to hit 65. Not bad for a 20 year old.

Now that we are turning the clock back and the days are shorter, the cold weather should be around the corner.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 AM   #59
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Took a ride up to Batchelder Island today. Still warm with a few cold spots on the lake. The old gal was able to hit 65. Not bad for a 20 year old.

Now that we are turning the clock back and the days are shorter, the cold weather should be around the corner.
Nice run BH!

My son and I covered ours for the winter yesterday, it is always sad

Maybe get the 12' out this morning though its 25 degrees out now
Old 11-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #60
Lakegeezer

Default Bassers

Just after 7 this morning, about 10 bass boats zipped by at 28 degrees, having put in a Lees Mills. They were bundled up, but still looked chilly.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #61
Formula260SS

Default Nice today

Made a run to the island today, it was a great day ! Saw a few boats pass in the Broads. Most were larger with the canvases on
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #62
PC31

Default Last ride

Took the last ride on Sunday. It was cold but sunny. Only 3 boats at the Meredith docks- I love when the lake is empty. Hopefully May 1st won't take too long to get here.

Last edited by PC31; 03-12-2011 at 02:14 PM.
PC31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #63
VitaBene

All done- there were a few boats out and even a few jetskis- brave souls!!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #64
Ropetow

Default Saturday

Took a ride Saturday, but didn't get much beyond the Bay. Not a good day to get wet. Still, a nice, crisp autumn afternoon. Not sure if this will be it or not....depends on when they pull the bowrider. We've offloaded everthing, but can easily pack up the essentials for one more trip this coming weekend.....hopefully!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #65
Pine Island Guy

Default still boating!!!

Came out to the island last night. Today the lake was like glass, one lone boat went by, and one barge with a truck on it... what a perfect day, warm although a bit cloudy...

The Eastern will come out next weekend and we'll shut-down the water at the camp, but we'll have the Alumcraft till ice-in for the occasional weekend on the island!

PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #66
Slickcraft

Default Nice Nov day on the lake

We took a ride over to Welch today in the wife's Whaler, calm, no boats in sight, fairly warm with low clouds. We picked up a few items we had forgotten at camp then had a pleasant ride.

When we docked at Glendale to load the Whaler back on the trailer there were two men looking down at the water near the boat ramp. As we were going by, they pointed out the large number of mature salmon in the shallow water. Some really nice looking fish, we were impressed. One of the men told us that they were in to spawn and were attracted to the docks. Quite the sight.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #67
Misty Blue

Default Island runs?

Hi gang!

We're planning to pull Misty out around the 20th leaving us with just 10 HP.
If any of you islanders forgot to turn off the refrigerator, plug in the aquatherm or left the laptop on the deck PM me. 'Glad to help.

Have boat, will travel!

Misty Blue.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #68
Ropetow

Default out again!

Got out again yesterday. Nice November Sunday. Ski season and boating season getting closer and closer....
Old 11-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #69
Formula260SS

Default Getting close

Made another Island run Sunday, nice day. I'll pull the pontoon out sometime after Thanksgiving, still have a little work to do getting the woodstove hooked up for the Derby.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #70
Rattlesnake Guy

Camp is closed up.
Left way to much for the last day this year.
Getting to old for the kids ambition. Fortunately I get to watch more than I used to.

We are going to boat this week in Austin Texas.

Woo Hoo
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #71
Grady223

Only one boat left at the Wolfeboro Corinthian Yacht Club - an Islander who can't give it up. I guess the island season is all but over.
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #72
Slickcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Camp is closed up.
We are going to boat this week in Austin Texas.

Woo Hoo
On Town Lake AKA Colorado River? Very nice greenway on the south side.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #73
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I am pretty sure I am done. Due to an amazingly busy fall, my bottom has not been wet since Labor Day. Sounds like a personal problem, I know.
I will be winterizing within the next 2-3 weeks. Looking forward to snowmobile season now!
I am done for the year, winterized this past Saturday. She is all tucked away in the heated garage, ready for her winter slumber.
Next weekend it will be time to winterize the Ski Doo!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #74
DRH

Default We're Done Too

We took our Sea Ray out about 2 weeks ago, but we kept Quilt Lady's little 14' runabout in until today. Now it's winterized and safely stored in a neighbor's garage, so we're done for the year.

Now we're looking forward to snowmobiling season!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #75
BlackCatIslander

Default A cold ride

Someone was heading south on the east side of Black Cat late yesterday morning. The temps were in the 20's and there was a strong wind. I wasn't envious.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #76
liberator211

Default Last Ride :-(

Saturday afternoon I took my last ride over to Bear Island. It was a great fall afternoon for a boat ride. Spent the night on the island and took one final ride Sunday morning before tying-up and Browns and pulling the boat out. While the boating was great I paid the price by hitting the snow storm towing the boat back home around 2:00. Have a great holiday everybody.