Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Rattler

Default Stone Wall Repair

I'm looking for someone to finish some work on a stone wall at our property on Rattlesnake Island.

We had the wall rebuilt last summer after it collapsed. Two contractors were involved in the work but neither completely finished it --which is another story...

The work would not involve bringing any additional stone to the island -- just resetting the top couple of rows of stones and finishing it off properly.

My guess is that it's a day's work or less for someone who is experienced.

As you can tell, we had some bad experiences with the two contractors who started the work, so if anyone has recommendations I'd be grateful for a contact.
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
jmen24

Rattler,
You may want to post the style of wall that you are looking to have repaired. Some types of wall technique require a pile of skill to get it to look right. A picture of the wall at close range may help as well, showing a profile. Otherwise good luck.

Also, verify through a portfolio that the person that will repair the wall has built a wall of a similar style. It is not always an easy just put the rocks back up thing, some knowledge of how the wall was assembled goes a long way to it being around for generations to come.

Jmen24
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
eric richard

Thumbs up stone wall

hi my name is eric from eric's & phil's homeimprovement we do stone wall and would be interested on giving you an free estimate on the wall that needs to be finished. we do it all big jobs or small jobs. you can visit us at ericnphilshomeimprovement.com and see some pic of the work we have done. and feel free to call me at 509 3880 you can talk to me eric or phil. hope to hear from you soon.bye
eric richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
ACutAbove

You want to call Rob from Something Natural in Laconia. He is one of the guys I sub some of my stonework out to when I am to busy to do it myself. Tell him Ken from A Cut Above told you to call. His # is 603-630-9467
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Irrigation Guy

Default Try Fred

Moultonboro Snowmobile Club Map sponsor

Tinkham Masonry 630-7713

Give Fred a call he is very capable.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links