Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
jetskier's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: North Reading, MA and South Down Shores
Posts: 797
Thanks: 39
Thanked 151 Times in 93 Posts
Default Reciprocity with New York?

Hi all,

I have not put the jetski in the water yet, but the season is still young.

I do have a question....

My brother in law is planning to come out for the Fourth of July weekend. His
boat is registered in New York. Will New Hampshire permit use on
Winnipesaukee with a New York registration.

Thanx in advance,
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
Skip's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,597
Thanks: 244
Thanked 498 Times in 171 Posts
Thumbs up RSA 270-E:4 (II) covers reciprocity issues....

As long as he is here only temporarily (30 days or less).

Have a great weekend and be safe!

Below is the applicable New Hampshire statute referencing your question;

Section 270-E:4
270-E:4 Exemptions From Registration. The following vessels shall be exempt from registration in this state:
I. Sailboats under 12 feet in length, rowboats and canoes powered by sail, oars, paddles, or other human power. Any vessel which has an inboard or outboard motor shall not be exempt from registration except as provided in paragraph II.
II. Vessels registered in another state or country temporarily using the waters of this state for not more than 30 consecutive days.
III. Vessels owned or operated by the United States government.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
Sandy Beach
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 71
Thanks: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Default Reciprocity for Boat Registration - But Still need Boat Safety Certificate

Skip gave you the low down on the boat registration. So the boat will be legal on NH waters. But if your Bro-in-law was born on or after January 1, 1973 or intends to drive youngsters on the Jet Ski then he needs to have a proper Boater Education Certificate approved by the state of NH.

Have a great 4th.
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.26871 seconds