Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Just Wonderin

Default Sunday Brunch @ The Woodshed

I was driving down Route 109 today and saw a sign that The Woodshed is now serving Sunday Brunch. I believe they will be serving brunch from 10-2. We're very excited to hear it! We love The Woodshed. We're making reservations for this Sunday...can't wait!!!!
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
nkiar

Default Interesting

I've always wanted to try the Woodshed but have yet to make it over there. This might be a good way to entice us to make the trip some weekend. Would love to hear how it was if you go. Thanks, nkiar
nkiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Just Wonderin

Default I'll let you know...

I'll post a reply after our brunch experience.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Just Wonderin

Default Kudos to The Woodshed!

Well, four of us went to The Woodshed yesterday for brunch. Because this was the very first day it was held, the restaurant was not that busy, which was completely expected. But once word about this brunch gets out, that will change very quickly. Things ran so smoothly that you would never have guessed that this was the first service for many of the food items.

As usual, the meal and service were excellent! The menu has a very wide range of offerings...too many to mention. Two of us ordered the Bananas Foster French Toast. It was made with their flower pot bread. It was to die for! It came with two large links of sausage and home fries. It also came with warmed "real" maple syrup on the side. We loved it. The other two in our party ordered the Belgian Waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream and blueberry pancakes. Each came with thick cut bacon. They also loved every bite! Even the decaf was excellent...if you're a decaf drinker, you know how many times you've been disappointed by a lousy cup of decaf. Normally, I have just one cup when I'm out. The entire table was shocked when I accepted multiple refills.

The only negative comment I would have, and this is extremely small, was that the hash browns were a bit boring...maybe if they had onions or some seasonings added they would have been a bit better. I just added a bit of salt and pepper to mine and they were fine...not bad but just not as memorable as everything else.

Oh, the four of us also shared an order of lox and bagels for starters. We were served four, larger than your typical mini bagel, halves with capers, cream cheese, red onion, and smoked salmon. Everyone agreed that they were the best lox and bagels they've had in years. The next time we go, my husband and I have agreed that one of us will order the Lox and Bagels and the other will order the Bananas Foster French Toast.

We've got friends coming to visit in about 3 weeks and The Woodshed is always on the schedule for dinner, when we have guests, but now we have to add them to the list for brunch as well.

Last edited by Just Wonderin; 06-08-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Needed to add an additional comment
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just Wonderin For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (06-10-2009), moose tracks (06-12-2009), Smitty1 (06-10-2009), wifi (06-08-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Newfie

Smile Brunch at the Woodshed

Thanks for the post. We go there numerous times every summer for dinner- now I can't wait to try it for brunch.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Oh Great now I have another excuse to stuff my self and blow that diet again....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote