Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Worx Tri-Vac leaf vacuum?

Powered by something like a 12-amp motor, this new to me, plug-in, extension cord using lawn tool may be helpful along with the lawn rake and square trash can for doing fall cleanup/leaf removal?

Available at Lowe's in Gilford for about $120, or Wal-Mart in Plymouth for $130, the www.worx.com is a hand held leaf vac that deposits leaves into a trash can via a fat hose.

My question of course is; does it work well or ok or just so-so or what, and has anyone used one?

Yes, as everyone already knows, one can use it for 89-days and then return it for full credit to either Lowe's or Wal-Mart, ... probably because it then gets returned to the maker by Lowe's or Wal-Mart .... but beyond that returnable 90-day time limit ...... is it worth keeping ..... and does it do what it is supposed to do ..... namely, pick up leaves and mulch them by a supposedly 10:1 size reduction ratio?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Resident 2B

If the leaves are dry, this design does a fairly good job as long as you do not overload it with too many leaves at a time. Forget about wet leaves or leaves that have been packed down.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
dpg

Whats the difference you'll use it for the leaf season and return it anyway.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (10-22-2013), secondcurve (10-22-2013)
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
granitebox

Check Amazon - $84.99 for the WG500 (free shipping) and $109.72 for the WG502
granitebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Whats the difference you'll use it for the leaf season and return it anyway.

right on
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
fatlazyless

For just six dollars, J.R.'s store, down close to Exit 23 on Route 104 in New Hampton, sells these 22" red plastic rakes that are flat or straight ended as opposed to a curved end, and these work terrific when used with a square trash can for my six little hillside yards all squeezed into a quarter acre. Notice that I call them yards .... as opposed to lawns !

Nothing really can touch a rake when it comes to leaf removal .... but maybe I'll go take a look-see at one of these electric leaf vacs ....... just seems like a lot more effort to do the same thing....put leaves into a trash can ...... I dunno ..... or else there's the snow method......if you wait long enuf.....all the leaves get covered by the white stuff?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post