Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
Ellie

Default Tahoe Boat Repair Needed Wofeboro/Alton Needed Immediately.

Hello,
We are only here for one week and our boat overheated this morning. It may be an impellor problem? Beeping and temp guage went up.
Does anyone know of a honest, reasonable repair place in Wolfeboro? Or maybe Alton?
Should I tow it or would it be ok to go very slow?
Any suggestions on repair shops would be great!
Thank you.
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Hello,
We are only here for one week and our boat overheated this morning. It may be an impellor problem? Beeping and temp guage went up.
Does anyone know of a honest, reasonable repair place in Wolfeboro? Or maybe Alton?
Thank you.
Goodhue and Hawkins in Wolfboro is a Tahoe dealer I believe. They are good people..

Dan
Old 07-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
jazzman

Sure sounds like either an impeller or a blocked intake. You really can't drive the boat like this even at slow speed.

Getting service on a boat at a shop you didn't buy the boat from is extremely difficult. Let's just say mine that I recently bought off the lake has been in for repair for 5 weeks now. Granted it's more than an impeller, but even getting someone to look at it has been very difficult.

I notice in the local papers there are a few guys who claim to come to your boat to fix it. I'm sure they're perfectly capable of fixing an impeller if that's what it really is. Towing is quite expensive unless you subscribe to one of the towing services.

You could also spend a little time looking at things in youtube. Fixing an impeller is very easy... If you can get to it...
jazzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
Dave R

The brand of the boat is irrelevant, you just need a mechanic that will work on your boat's engine/drive. I'm pretty sure Tahoe only comes with Mercury or Mercruiser power, so that would make it extremely easy to find a mechanic since those engines and/or drives are very popular.

Unless the boat has a Bravo drive (which is unlikely) it will have to come out of the water for an impeller change, so unless you are confident that the problem can be fixed with the boat in the water, your best bet is to work on getting the boat on the trailer. Hopefully you are close to a ramp. Once on the trailer, your mechanic options are practically limitless. Pretty much any marine mechanic can fix your boat.

Join the "I boat on Winnipesaukee" facebook page and look for a mechanic there; many more potential mechanics will look at the facebook app on their phone, than will look here, on a Sunday.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

^ Agreed. I think an independent mechanic is more likely to have open time than a marina at this time of year.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2017, 04:40 AM   #6
ApS

Lightbulb Check for Obstruction First—Then Tow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Hello,
Thank you.
Yesterday, I saw two different boats being towed near Wolfeboro. Hopefully one was yours, as a lot of engine damage can occur with overheating.

Check the lower unit for an obstruction, such a gum wrapper, vinyl scrap, or plastic grocery bag.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:11 AM   #7
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Yesterday, I saw two different boats being towed near Wolfeboro. Hopefully one was yours, as a lot of engine damage can occur with overheating.

Check the lower unit for an obstruction, such a gum wrapper, vinyl scrap, or plastic grocery bag.

Please bear in mind that even if you find and remove an obstruction, the impeller is still ruined, or suspect at best, and will need to be replaced. Running them without water destroys them.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:54 AM   #8
Ellie

Thank you for the suggestions! I think we may have found a local person to look at it to see what might be the problem. I appreciate the input from everyone!
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote