Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Bandrews7

Default Spinnaker cove

I am new to spinnaker cove yacht club. Does anyone have any experience there? I will be staying with my wife and 2 children frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
sunsationdave

Default yaught club

Great choice
We owned a slip there very nice place nice people
great location t bones next door it is a well run YC they always have a big money reserve for projects and improvements
a nice ride through the weirs channel is always fun

Enjoy

Dave
sunsationdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Uncle Fun

Default Spinnaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandrews7 View Post
I am new to spinnaker cove yacht club. Does anyone have any experience there? I will be staying with my wife and 2 children frequently.

Hi 'BAndrews' - I suspect you already did some research before you purchased/rented there, but I can tell you Spinnaker Cove is the best Yacht Club on the lake hands down. It is a very friendly, clean, and well-maintained place. The amenities are 2nd to none as are all the members. If you have any specific questions, you can e-mail them directly to Yacht Club Members (Board of Directors) through the website. Please note: it is a no pets facility. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you around the club!
minni on winni (02-17-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Bandrews7

Thanks! We are very excited to be there and cannot wait to get settled in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
RLW

Smile Welcome

Bandrews7, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

I hope you get all the info you need to have a fun time at your new location.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
tabascocat98

Default New to Spinnaker cove too!

Hi,
My husband and I have just bought a boat slip at Spinnaker Cove and are excited as well! The folks there have been so friendly and welcoming. Just wanted to let you know there are other newcomers! See you boating!
tabascocat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
gslpro

Welcome to the 'end of the Lake'. Wife and I slip over in Lakeport Landing, just a bit down the lake from you. I see you are a fellow Holden resident. Are you new to the lake, or just to Spinnaker Cove? Great area you picked. We love being so close to everything you could possibly need. The boat dock gets done up with Lowes, general supplies from Walmart, food from all the great places to eat in the area, and of course, Wife gets to go shopping at TJ's, Home Goods, and all the consignment places in the area. Not sure when you start going up, and if you are a weekender or more, but hope to run into you at a sand bar or the like. Do you have a boat name displayed? Enjoy, and ask em, if you have any questions.

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"
gslpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
Bandrews7

Gslpro thanks for the response. We have boated at winni for years but took 8 years off to raise the kids. Where are you in Holden? We are very close to friendlys. We will be up on weekends. My wife may be there during the week as she works weekends. Look for Isabethan on the water. That's us.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
Uncle Fun

Thumbs up Welcome Tabasco Cat 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascocat98 View Post
Hi,
My husband and I have just bought a boat slip at Spinnaker Cove and are excited as well! The folks there have been so friendly and welcoming. Just wanted to let you know there are other newcomers! See you boating!
Welcome to the club... It's a great place to be!!! Please let me know if you have any specific questions via private message and I'll be happy to answer them for you or try to get you an answer... Otherwise, we'll look forward to seeing you around the clubhouse!!! Is tabascocat the name of your boat too?? Keep an eye on the SCYC website... We'll be posting the clubhouse opening date soon!!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
tabascocat98

Hi,
Thank you for posting the message. It makes us feel very welcomed to SCYC! We will be closing in a couple of week. Tabascocat isn't the name of our boat but not a bad idea! We have a pontoon boat and have mulled around a few names. See you at the club and will keep an eye out for news.
tabascocat98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
Greene's Basin Girl

I have been fortunate to have a place on the lake. I am curious- what do boat slips cost a season? I bet they vary quite a bit from location to location.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
gslpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I have been fortunate to have a place on the lake. I am curious- what do boat slips cost a season? I bet they vary quite a bit from location to location.
They vary greatly. I have seen them as low as $1200 for a 20-something footer dock to well over 5,500 and up for a 30 foot cruiser slip. Depends on area, private vs. marina vs. yacht club. Also I think it depends on depth of water during the whole season. We almost bought a slip that went so shallow in September that we would have had to pull the boat. We have also had a very reasonable slip in a place with a bridge restriction, so at full lake, I only had an inch or two to fit underneath. These restrictions keep the price down.

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"
gslpro is offline   Reply With Quote