Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
sa meredith

Default Kicking off Summer 2009....

Thursday night, and I'm not sure what I'm more psyched about. Bruins game7, or the fact that we are opening camp tomorrow, Friday, at 10AM.
Honestly, like a friggin' kid at Christmas. I'll watch the B's, pack the SUV between periods (everything is in the garage, ready to go), and probably will sleep for 2 or 3 hours at the most. Up at the crack of dawn, take care of a few last minute details, and on the road by 8:30AM for a three day weekend.

Check the screen room for winter damage, unpack, fire up the water heater, and leave the wife to do things like set up the bathroom, put linens on the bed, pack the fridge, whatever. My primary job will be to stack the two cord of wood that will be dumped in the driveway.
If time and weather permit, possibly try to grab a quick boat ride.

Winter is gone, and we are none worse for the wear.
A few $$$ shorter, but what the hell...who isn't?!

I would imagine there are many others excited about kicking of their season, and I felt the need to type these few words.
Anyway...I'm ready.
Perhaps a Pizza and draft beer at Giuseppe's Friday night, followed by the first camp fire of the year and the Sox on the radio at 10PM (west coast).
"Welcome, summer of 2009....I've been waiting for you"
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
phoenix

we get up on May 21 for the summer. can't wait
Old 05-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Perhaps a Pizza and draft beer at Giuseppe's Friday night, followed by the first camp fire of the year and the Sox on the radio at 10PM (west coast).

What took you so long? We've been enjoying Summer "09" for like a month now.
Seriously though enjoy, I had that same feeling opening the Island Camp last month. Nothing like it.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
AB_Monterey

We're opening up this weekend as well.

Can't wait.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
eillac@dow

Talking SA Meredith...I know what you mean

So...my Thursday night ritual has begun......is the laundry clean? What do we need to take? Do we have everything? Ok....let's go.

I just wrote the letters to school to get the kids dismissed early....Nanny (my mom)is taking them up ahead of me and my husband. We will stay the night at my brothers house and open up the island in the morning.

A little bit of work ahead of us, but after 40 years....ain't so bad!

The best thing I am looking forward to...is taking my 1 year old dog up there. I should probably post this on the "pets thread", but when he was up there last he was only 3-4 months old. I know he will love the woods....I just hope he loves the water.

I wish all a great summer. Lot of sun, fun and boating to all!
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #6
riverat

WELCOME BACK EVERYONE, WE MISSED YOU!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
AC2717

Default Oh yeah !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Monterey View Post
We're opening up this weekend as well.

Can't wait.
Same here, could not sleep a wink!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
MeEscape

Unhappy Opening day and Closing day....!!

Quote:
Thursday night, and I'm not sure what I'm more psyched about. Bruins game7, or the fact that we are opening camp tomorrow, Friday, at 10AM."
I hope your opening goes a lot better than game 7!!
MeEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
dpg

Quote:
Thursday night, and I'm not sure what I'm more psyched about. Bruins game7, or the fact that we are opening camp tomorrow, Friday, at 10AM.
Honestly, like a friggin' kid at Christmas. I'll watch the B's, pack the SUV between periods (everything is in the garage, ready to go), and probably will sleep for 2 or 3 hours at the most. Up at the crack of dawn, take care of a few last minute details, and on the road by 8:30AM for a three day weekend.

Check the screen room for winter damage, unpack, fire up the water heater, and leave the wife to do things like set up the bathroom, put linens on the bed, pack the fridge, whatever. My primary job will be to stack the two cord of wood that will be dumped in the driveway.
If time and weather permit, possibly try to grab a quick boat ride.

Winter is gone, and we are none worse for the wear.
A few $$$ shorter, but what the hell...who isn't?!

I would imagine there are many others excited about kicking of their season, and I felt the need to type these few words.
Anyway...I'm ready.
Oh great, now you depressed me and I don't wanna be at work. Even more than usual!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
dseale4888

Default Cruises (Cars)

I got the camper out today and gave it a bath. The 30th is when my friend and I will be up for 2 weeks chasing the smallies. We have our favorite site over on Moultonboro Neck. Nice waterfront site. I'm thinking about dropping the camper in there and then coming home to pick up my 55 Chevy for part of our 2 weeks up there. I'm looking to find where there are cruises for the classic cars in the evenings. Last year we went to one over in Rumney at Plain Janes Diner and then heard of one at Bobby's Girl diner(I think that is the name). I'm trying to get more info on others in the area. We will be there from May 30th until June 14th. Drop me a line if any info on area cruises please. sealedavid@gmail.com Thanks!!!!
dseale4888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
sa meredith

Default follow up...

Some quick observations from opening weekend...
Surprised to see there are now 3 gas station/convient stores right at exit 23.
A Mobil on the Run grew out of the ground this past winter. Sort of over kill, no?
Sad to see Bobby's Girl diner sitting vacant.
Ditto for Jackson Star. I hated them for their prices, but went there constantly. We went for a Pizza at Famous Louies, and I walked down to look in the window. Just a big, vacant space. Depressing to see, when I think back to how much a part of my summer they were.
The Wine'ing Butcher is a fantastic store. What a place. That will now be a regular stop.
After leaving the Wine'ing Butcher, we shopped at Hannaford's. Great prices, nice store.....but what a traffic nightmare this will be. We were there at 3:45 on Friday, so really not peak traffic time, and even then is was just foolish.
3 traffic light cycles to get back thru the intersection. How is this possibly going to work on a Saturday morning in July?!
Glad the season is here....
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Flylady

Default Almost there....

7:00PM PCT watching the Lakers and last minute packing....been counting down the days since May finally got here! My sister and hubby drove up today to open up the place for me (how lucky for me) but I think they think they are the lucky ones to get free stays. They do there traditional phone call to me in Los Angeles to give me the low down on what the place looks like after the winter and as usual nothing bad but a whole lot of down tree limbs which will be neatly collected cut and stacked for firewood by the time I arrive on Friday morning! With any luck the dock will be in too! So come Thursday night, its from the office to the airport for the traditional red eye to Boston! I am already imagining the clean mountain air, the smell of a fresh rain storm and the call of the loons! When heaven is 3000 miles away it is even more special and the anticipation indescribable!
Flylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
Weekend Pundit

Smile Starting Summer

Our summer season started just Friday evening with the launch of our boat at Glendale. It's now at our slip in Smith Cove, ready for a lengthy cruise out on the lake come Monday.

Sawyer's opened on May 8th. Jordan's is open, too. (We've already sampled ice cream from both and we can safely announce all is well!)

Beans & Greens has been open since the 1st.

All is well with the world.

It's going to be a great summer!
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote