Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
Cartmen&Martmen

Thumbs up The Lobster Pound

I’m a first time poster, and decided to chat about one of my favorite spots to dine. The sign says it all, The Lobster Pound truly is the fun place to eat. I admit in the beginning of the season my family and I tried it out and you could say it was the slow place to eat, but we didn’t let a few bad experiences with slow food time get us down. We recently dined there on country western night and can I say WOW! My family loved the Tom Dixon band, they were so great and the place was packed. They even had a cowboy hat contest to win free steaks. It really made our dining experience there fun. I’ve also heard they have a good variety of other bands there as well, but the Tom Dixon band has got our vote! Needless to say we’ll be back on the 31st to see them again. Besides the great entertainment the food is delicious I love the twin lobsters, but the Italian mac-n-cheese is my absolute favorite, not to mention that great cornbread, and the service is always good.
Cartmen&Martmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmen&Martmen View Post
I’m a first time poster, and decided to chat about one of my favorite spots to dine. The sign says it all, The Lobster Pound truly is the fun place to eat. I admit in the beginning of the season my family and I tried it out and you could say it was the slow place to eat, but we didn’t let a few bad experiences with slow food time get us down. We recently dined there on country western night and can I say WOW! My family loved the Tom Dixon band, they were so great and the place was packed. They even had a cowboy hat contest to win free steaks. It really made our dining experience there fun. I’ve also heard they have a good variety of other bands there as well, but the Tom Dixon band has got our vote! Needless to say we’ll be back on the 31st to see them again. Besides the great entertainment the food is delicious I love the twin lobsters, but the Italian mac-n-cheese is my absolute favorite, not to mention that great cornbread, and the service is always good.
O.K. how much did they pay you?
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
bobby lobsta (03-23-2009), BroadHopper (01-13-2010)
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
Lakepilot

My guess is a member of the band.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
fatlazyless

Never having been to the Lobster Pound...like never-ever-ever...I could not but help to notice the Snowmobile Special which the Lobster Pound is now offering.

The Lobster Pound is located vey close to a snowmobile trail, and if you show up on a snowmobile, you get half-price appetizers, plus a cup of beef stew....for (the magic word) free.

That will be me, there at the bar, ... in the flourescent green Arctic Cat suit...straight out of the nearby Saint Vincent dePaul store..............................free..........w ay-to-go...Lobster Pound.

How about a free Sam Adams in return for this post?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Cartmen&Martmen

Default Not In The Band

FYI Im not in the band , I just happen to really like the place. Obviously as a child you were never taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I understand that you dont have to like the restaurant but unless you have a specific reason why, or maybe some advice to potential patrons then I dont see why you would need to trash it on the forum. Maybe you should give it another try...that is if you ever did in the first place.
Cartmen&Martmen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartmen&Martmen For This Useful Post:
RLW (02-03-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
Pineedles

Default Our opinions

Oh C&M you don't know this forum too well I see. We kiss and tell as well as kill and tell. We may be wrong or right but we tell all what we think!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (01-16-2010)
Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #7
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Crikey !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Oh C&M you don't know this forum too well I see. We kiss and tell as well as kill and tell. We may be wrong or right but we tell all what we think!
Kill and tell you say !?! In that case I'm bringing my friends (Smith, Wesson) to the next ForumFest !
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Waterbaby

Default Lobster Pound................

Quote:
FYI Im not in the band , I just happen to really like the place. Obviously as a child you were never taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I understand that you dont have to like the restaurant but unless you have a specific reason why, or maybe some advice to potential patrons then I dont see why you would need to trash it on the forum. Maybe you should give it another try...that is if you ever did in the first place.
WOW, what an, um, well, not gonna say it.......... POST. As far as, in your words, "maybe some advice to potential patrons".......... there has been a very lengthy thread on the Pound, with loads of advice to potential patrons, and perhaps you should have made that post there. And, other than saying sometimes FLL can be our resident brat, but I at least love him anyway, I'm going to shut up now. Welcome to the Forum.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
trfour

Default The Lobster Pound Is Fine....

And don't listen to less, he's becoming to the very, "( and I'm finding out after trying to support him over the many years here ).... does hot air rise???

The above does not mean that I love less less.

To continue, I have never had a bad experience at the Lobster Pound, over, having lived here for fifteen years, year round.

T

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I'm always suspicious of a first time poster who singles out a business for lavish praise......or angry criticism. Usually they have some special interest such as a good friend or family member is the owner and they want to help them out with a free ad. On the other hand,it's not unreasonable to suspect that a when a business gets trashed by a first time poster, that it could be the same situation except that they are trying to take out a competitor. Also notice that when you call them on it they reply with righteous indignation.......that anyone would ever even THINK of such a thing.
I'd never suggest that people shouldn't post good and bad reviews.....they are helpful and interesting and the forum members are very fair and forgiving............it's just that I take them mores seriously when someone has made a few other posts and has a bit of a track record.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #11
sa meredith

Default done to death...

Quote:
C and M
Check back....the Lobster Pound already has a very lengthy thread...very lengthy. It's been done to death. Many reviews (including mine). Started out all negative, but as time went by, several positive.
I, for one, stayed away because of things I read on this forum. However, in late August I went and enjoyed it very much. Had a blast.
Great place to have dinner, or hang and have some drinks (third floor, out door bar).
Anyway.....your comment "Obviously as a child....." Not really needed.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
Bigstan

kudos to the Lobster lb....my only wish is they get rid of the 'grilled' potatos.

Does it take that much to keep them baked? Otherwise all is well.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #13
Karen Lydon

Default An honest point of view

Wow! I didn't realize how cut throat this forum business is! I joined to post a comment about The Lobster Pound, but after reading some of them I'm a bit hesitant! Does this forum truly make or break a business up there? Im not family, nor a close friend, just a new yet, old patron. I went to the LP for years and I don't think that anyone reading this haters or lovers can disagree with me when I say that the old couldn't even compare to what it is now! After spending two weeks in the area over New Years I have a whole new respect for the Lobster Pound. From the food, to the atmosphere, and most of all the entertainment I thought the place was awesome. We went back 4 times during our vacation and each time left very satisfied. I think the Lobster Pound is an all-around good time and for all of you that live there and haven't been then youre truly missing out on a really great place.
Karen Lydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Never having been to the Lobster Pound...like never-ever-ever...I could not but help to notice the Snowmobile Special which the Lobster Pound is now offering.

The Lobster Pound is located vey close to a snowmobile trail, and if you show up on a snowmobile, you get half-price appetizers, plus a cup of beef stew....for (the magic word) free.

That will be me, there at the bar, ... in the flourescent green Arctic Cat suit...straight out of the nearby Saint Vincent dePaul store..............................free..........w ay-to-go...Lobster Pound.

How about a free Sam Adams in return for this post?
They probably confirm you have ...are you ready...A snowmobile there.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #15
Nadia

Talking BigStan

BigStan,
My name is Nadia Bennett and I am a chef at the Lobster Pound. Just to let you know your one of the many who brought to our attention the wish for a baked potato on the menu. To answer your question of "Does it take that much to keep them baked?" the answer is surprisingly a yes. Myself and the kitchen manager had great concerns regarding baked potatoes due to the increased risk of food borne illness when potatoes are wrapped in tin foil and stored that way. Even for a short period of time (1-2 hours) the risk of food borne illness increases dramatically. That was one of the biggest reasons why we did not offer baked potatoes initially. Most people are not aware of this, but it is something to keep in mind when eating out or even preparing baked potatoes at home. However, we have since designed a method for serving baked potatoes that does not require us to store them wrapped in tin foil, and are now able to offer them without any fear or concern for the safety of our patrons. So you can now plan your next visit knowing that you can enjoy your meal with a good ole baked potato! Grilled potato is still available as well.

Chef Nadia Bennett

Last edited by Nadia; 01-24-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadia For This Useful Post:
RLW (01-24-2009)
Old 01-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
mike ray

Default potato madness

I just had to add we now serve yukon gold mashed potatoes too. those are my favorite. ask for them with a little blue cheese and bacon bits!
mike ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ray View Post
we also have youkon gold mashed potatoes. they are my favorite. ask for them with blue cheese and bacon bits! I gota complement my chefs on that creation. well done!
Boy, that sounds yummy... but my cardiologist would kill me
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
Sunrise Point

I have never been to the Lobster Pound, but after mentioning the Yukon/Blue Cheese/Bacon potatoes to my husband and son, I will have no problem getting them to go next time we are up. With the economy the way it is, we don't go out often but we are looking forward to trying it.
Sunrise Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
Nadia

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
Boy, that sounds yummy... but my cardiologist would kill me
They are to die for...literally The cheddar and bacon mashed are good too, for those who aren't a fan of bleu cheese. Double up on your cholesterol meds and come on down!
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #20
mike ray

Default charity pig roast

we are doing a charity pig roast this superbowl sunday to benifit the laconia fire department. just thought i would let everyone know, regaurdless of our recent "dust up" here on the forum, this is for a great cause. firemen are true heros and we like to do what we can to support them.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mike ray For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (02-01-2009), Drummer Girl (01-31-2009), Pineedles (01-31-2009), Resident 2B (01-31-2009), RLW (01-31-2009), robmac (02-01-2009), VitaBene (02-01-2009), wifi (01-31-2009)
Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #21
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default Inquiring minds want to know...

So, how was the "Pig Roast"? Where did they get the pig? Who did the roasting? How was it served? What was the cost? Was there enough parking? Anyone go home disappointed?

Last edited by Winnipesaukee Divers; 02-02-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: missing "W"
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #22
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee Divers View Post
So, how was the "Pig Roast"? Where did they get the pig? Who did the roasting? How was it served? What was the cost? Was there enough parking? Anyone go home disappointed?
Mike, what was the outcome? How much money was raised for the LFD?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #23
mike ray

Default charity pig roast

the charity pig roast went well, and im happy to say the roasted pig was a huge hit. we were a little disappointed in the turn out, but we plan on doing many chartiy events in the future. we were able to raise $500 dollars, to be donated to the laconia fire department. i think the time of year plus the economic crunch hurt us a bit. our next charity event will be in late spring, and this time we will get the word out well in advance. thank you to everyone who came down, you helped raise money for a very important cause.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #24
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
the charity pig roast went well, and im happy to say the roasted pig was a huge hit. we were a little disappointed in the turn out, but we plan on doing many chartiy events in the future. we were able to raise $500 dollars, to be donated to the laconia fire department. i think the time of year plus the economic crunch hurt us a bit. our next charity event will be in late spring, and this time we will get the word out well in advance. thank you to everyone who came down, you helped raise money for a very important cause.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update. That is great that you were able to raise $500. I think you are right, many are doing all they can to survive (what is the saying? charity begins at home).

To your second point, try to give as much notice as possible. Perhaps a spring bike dust-off or something?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #25
WolfeCrick

Default LP dust-offs and bakers

Mike - it's great to see you blogging again here, after we spoke at Ellacoya and talked about that dust-up late last year. I'm glad you overcame your hesitancy to remain involved in the forums here after that.

As a twenty year vet of the industry, I think it's great that you actively seek to communicate to the public via BOTH advertising and blogging.

Nadia - I'd be curious to engage you and the other chef sometime in the foodborne illness research on bakers. I've always disagreed with wrapping bakers in aluminum foil. Guess it's a part of my upbringing in Montana (gotta LOVE those 50 count jumbos from Idaho) and part of my professional training. I've been taught and believe that a baker only needs to be scrubbed well, dried off and baked unwrapped in a hot oven to be perfectly tasty and foodsafe. I agree that wrapping them in foil (a standard practice in New England) is unsafe for the following reasons:
1) many cooks are untrained to wash them
2) wrapping them traps moisture
3) the standard practice of letting them sit on top of the oven for hours during service - WRAPPED in foil - produces an environment for bacterial growth

Anyway - LP is doing all the right moves in these hard times. Stay focused on making great food, good service and communicating with the public.
WolfeCrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #26
WolfeCrick

Default Nadia -

Nadia - btw - you can find me at Lakeview Inn in Wolfeboro. I started a contract today to help empower their operation.

Jeff
www.chocoruagroup.com
WolfeCrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #27
hazelnut

Thumbs up Friday Night

I finally got over to the Pound on Friday night. A group of us went over by Snowmobile. And YES we got our FREE Beef Stew and our half priced apps. I will say that I really liked the inside of the place. The new building is really nice. The Free Stew was good and hot. No complaints about something free. It could have tasted like a piece of wood and I'd have been happy. It was good though so extra bonus points. We munched on Chicken Fingers and Fried Zuchini sticks. The Zuchini sicks were awesome. Another one of our group had a Chicken Parm Sandwich. He liked it but he mentioned that they may want to tone down on the garlic. He might have mentioned that about 100 times over the next 24 hours as it was problematic while wearing a helmet. The best part was the bill. Pretty cheap for a snack stop considering the free and half-priced food we got.

All in all put this on your must stop "snack break" list when out on the sled. You will be warmly received when you show up with all that gear on, helmet in hand. You'll leave content without a huge dent in the wallet.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post:
EricP (02-10-2009), RLW (02-09-2009), trfour (02-09-2009)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #28
LillithFaewen

Thumbs down Not Impressed

My husband and my two sons along with myself visited the Lobster Pound last Friday night. Three of us had lobster rolls and my husband had the twin lobster special. The corn bread served with our meals was dry and stale. The drink prices were extremely high. The lobster meat served in the roll was stringy, without flavour, lacking mayonaisse, and resembled langostino. It also had that "not so fresh" taste. Three of us agreed that this was not 100% lobster meat and for the price was a total zero on a scale of one to ten. The french fries were cold and the entire presentation was sloppy. The most mortifying part of the meal came when the twin lobsters were served cracked! I have never witnessed such a thing in my 30 years or more dining out and abroad. How is one to know that the lobster is indeed fresh and not just re-heated lobster parts? The waitress was polite and helpful to say the most yet I can assure you we will not be returning here.
LillithFaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #29
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillithFaewen View Post
...the twin lobsters were served cracked! ....
Most good places will crack the lobster to make it easier for the customer particularly if it is inside table service. I thought that was the norm. Now if I was eating it outdoors at my picnic table ... well, I just use my hammer to crack the claws. Not everyone is well versed in the fine art of "Lobsta eatin".
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #30
EricP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
I finally got over to the Pound on Friday night. A group of us went over by Snowmobile. And YES we got our FREE Beef Stew and our half priced apps. I will say that I really liked the inside of the place. The new building is really nice. The Free Stew was good and hot. No complaints about something free. It could have tasted like a piece of wood and I'd have been happy. It was good though so extra bonus points. We munched on Chicken Fingers and Fried Zuchini sticks. The Zuchini sicks were awesome. Another one of our group had a Chicken Parm Sandwich. He liked it but he mentioned that they may want to tone down on the garlic. He might have mentioned that about 100 times over the next 24 hours as it was problematic while wearing a helmet. The best part was the bill. Pretty cheap for a snack stop considering the free and half-priced food we got.

All in all put this on your must stop "snack break" list when out on the sled. You will be warmly received when you show up with all that gear on, helmet in hand. You'll leave content without a huge dent in the wallet.

Let me know the next time you buzz over to the LP and I'll try to meet you there if I am around, sounds like a good time!
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #31
Waterbaby

Default Cracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillithFaewen
The most mortifying part of the meal came when the twin lobsters were served cracked! I have never witnessed such a thing in my 30 years or more dining out and abroad. How is one to know that the lobster is indeed fresh and not just re-heated lobster parts? The waitress was polite and helpful to say the most yet I can assure you we will not be returning here.
Lilith, I've also eaten in many many many places, and worked in quite a few food establishments, and the rule has always seemed to be that the shell will be cracked -- to make it easier to get to the good part without showering yourself, your dining partners, or your neighbors! Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not quite sure what you meant by "reheated lobster parts" -- do you mean they take the shells from one lobster and stuff the meat from another into said shell?

Thanks for the review.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #32
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Swamp Yankee View Post
Most good places will crack the lobster to make it easier for the customer particularly if it is inside table service. I thought that was the norm. Now if I was eating it outdoors at my picnic table ... well, I just use my hammer to crack the claws. Not everyone is well versed in the fine art of "Lobsta eatin".

OK, have to ask -- bib or no bib?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 AM   #33
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
I bring my own shop apron as it covers a lot more. I also use it when I have spaghetti with tomato sauce.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #34
chipj29

I have had lobster in many places over the years, and have never...not once had the shell come out cracked. None of the restaurants I worked in did that either. So I would have felt the same way Lillith did.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
sa meredith

Default cracked

The only place we get lobster on a regular basis (2, maybe 3 times each year) is Markey's, in Seabrook. They are always cracked (both tail and claws) when served. Every time.
Don't really see the big deal, either way.
"220,221...whatever it takes." (what movie?)
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (02-12-2009)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #36
jeffk

I have been served lobster many times with the shell cut with a knife or even pulled open to expose the meat. I don't know if that equates to "cracked" but I considered it an appreciated service.

Reheated lobster parts? Come on. Lobster meat fits pretty precisely in its shell. It would be pretty obvious if someone tried to stuff a bunch of odd ball pieces into a shell. A lot of work too. If there are spare pieces laying about it would be far easier and practical to make them into lobster stew, lobster bisque, or some other concoction.

I haven't been to The Pound so I can't comment on the quality of the food but a precracked lobster shell seems to be stretching a point an awfully long way to insinuate bad intentions. To describe it as "mortifying" seems to be trolling for a disagreement.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (02-12-2009), moose tracks (02-18-2009), RI Swamp Yankee (02-12-2009), trfour (02-12-2009)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #37
WakeUp

Default Answer to sa meredith's question....

One of the great lines....from Mr. Mom!!
WakeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WakeUp For This Useful Post:
chipj29 (02-12-2009)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #38
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
I have been served lobster many times with the shell cut with a knife or even pulled open to expose the meat. I don't know if that equates to "cracked" but I considered it an appreciated service.

Reheated lobster parts? Come on. Lobster meat fits pretty precisely in its shell. It would be pretty obvious if someone tried to stuff a bunch of odd ball pieces into a shell. A lot of work too. If there are spare pieces laying about it would be far easier and practical to make them into lobster stew, lobster bisque, or some other concoction.

I haven't been to The Pound so I can't comment on the quality of the food but a precracked lobster shell seems to be stretching a point an awfully long way to insinuate bad intentions. To describe it as "mortifying" seems to be trolling for a disagreement.

JeffK. I agree. When the lobster shell comes out cracked I believe it is called a "Lazy Man's Lobster". Most of the time I see this in high-end restaurants.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #39
ironhorsetim

Question lazy man

I thought that's when it came in a casarole dish with/without bread crumb's?
But I do know most places crack crab leg's

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
ironhorsetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #40
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
Indoors, bib (or maybe a RLW apron ). Outdoors, let the chips fall where they may
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #41
tis

Thanked 1,380 Times in 956 Posts

Yes, I love to get the lazy man's lobster in a restaurant. It IS in a dish all picked for you. You get no shell. However, quite often IMHO, it is as good as when you pick it out of the shell. It is just not as messy while dining out.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #42
hazelnut

Quote:
The most mortifying part of the meal came when the twin lobsters were served cracked! I have never witnessed such a thing in my 30 years or more dining out and abroad.....
This post reeks of trolling, I am sorry. I just asked my wife, who is an avid Lobster aficionado, what she would think if her Lobster was served "cracked." Mind you I did NOT preface the question with an explanation as to why I was asking. Her direct quote:

"I'd be very happy. When it's cracked for you it makes quit a bit less of a mess." She further added, "Usually they do that in the finer dining restaurants."

Not too mention the poster adds:

Quote:
I have never witnessed such a thing in my 30 years or more dining out and abroad.
Really? You haven't? Well you're talking about MAINE Lobster that the pound serves right? Well if you're dining on Lobster outside of New England I wouldn't put too much stock in how it is served so your point is moot!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #43
secondcurve

Quote:
This post reeks of trolling, I am sorry. I just asked my wife, who is an avid Lobster aficionado, what she would think if her Lobster was served "cracked." Mind you I did NOT preface the question with an explanation as to why I was asking. Her direct quote:

"I'd be very happy. When it's cracked for you it makes quit a bit less of a mess." She further added, "Usually they do that in the finer dining restaurants."

Really? You haven't? Well you're talking about MAINE Lobster that the pound serves right? Well if you're dining on Lobster outside of New England I wouldn't put too much stock in how it is served so your point is moot!
Hazelnut:

I agree with your assessment. The bottom line is that it isn't necessary to pound the Pound, unless it is deserved.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (02-13-2009)
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #44
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Hard Shell

Cracking in the kitchen can be a big help if the lobsters are hard shell, as they were when we had lobster on New Years Eve.

I actually had to help my wife crack one claw, and break the tail section.

Also, some places "dispatch" the lobster by at least cutting the head with a knife.

While I prefer to crack mine, it wouldn't be a problem if it were cracked.

Different strokes for different folks.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #45
chipj29

Quote:

I don't think this person is trolling. As I stated earlier, I have had lobster in many places, and served it while working in many places, and have never heard of lobster being served "cracked". Not sure I would have been "mortified", but I would have been surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I have had lobster in many places over the years, and have never...not once had the shell come out cracked. None of the restaurants I worked in did that either. So I would have felt the same way Lillith did.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #46
hazelnut

Yeah I guess my real concern with the post and the reason I call it a troll and still do. Is the whole "MORTIFIED" comment.

I did some research on the subject and a lot of restaurants crack it for you. Most do it on demand, a few do it automatically. Either way does it affect the taste? So my concern with the post lies with the phrasing and subsequent "I'm and expert because I've dined on Lobster here and abroad." comment.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
jkjoshuatree

Talking Mr. Mom Is The Movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
The only place we get lobster on a regular basis (2, maybe 3 times each year) is Markey's, in Seabrook. They are always cracked (both tail and claws) when served. Every time.
Don't really see the big deal, either way.
"220,221...whatever it takes." (what movie?)

...whenever I don't understand something (but want the person I'm talking with to think I do, that's what I say, "200, 221, whatever it takes."

LOL...LOL...LOL!!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #48
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
I bring my own shop apron as it covers a lot more. I also use it when I have spaghetti with tomato sauce.

Where can I get two of those? One for me, eating lobster, and one for husband, for the spaghetti?

Are you going to be around for the Sunday Winterfest? If so, hope to meet you there!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #49
EricP

Quote:

My wife basically agrees, she likes it when it's cracked so you don't get sprayed with hot liquid when you crack it open yourself. Basically she doesn't mind as long as her lobster meat is there!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:05 AM   #50
mike ray

Default pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
I always enjoy going to the Lobster Pound the service is great and the food is always good. Question? Is the picture of the pig over the bar the one you roasted?
thats our old friend tina. we would never roast her.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #51
hazelnut

Thumbs up 2nd Visit

Well I'm wracking my brain on this one. So far I am 2 for 2 on the Lobster Pound. Both times really really good experiences. It really makes me question some peoples motives when posting "reviews" slamming area restaurants.

4 of us went in last night for a late dinner. We were on sleds and had just completed the "Prison Loop" trail. By the way conditions were not that bad on the loop and we had the great fortune to be the first to ride the freshly groomed "loop."

So we headed to the "Pound" and were immediately seated, the band was setting up in the dining area. Our waiter was beyond excellent. He was fast and efficient. I got Shrimp Scampi, My wife got a Mahi, Mahi special, one person got Prime Rib and the other in our group got the Seafood Platter. All got salad. The food came out nice and quick and portions were huge. The Seafood Platter was enormous. My Scampi was awesome the shrimp snapped when you ate them, nice and fresh. The Prime Rib looked awesome and my buddy ate ALMOST all of his Seafood Platter. The only criticism came from my wife who said while the Mahi, Mahi was awesome she thought they overdid it with the Risotto as the fish was essentially swimming in it. This comes from a gal who isn't really keen on lots of sauces or things. I probably would have like it but I can understand her point. Perhaps the Risotto could have been on the side or something. Anyway all in all a very positive experience. Great atmosphere, great band, great service. I'm 2 for 2 and I will be back!

One of our party took a Twin Lobster platter home to his wife and I look forward to his report on what her experience was with that.

Bottom line give the Lobster Pound a try and see for yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post:
EricP (03-01-2009), Resident 2B (03-01-2009)
Old 03-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #52
EricP

Thumbs up I concur

Quote:
Well I'm wracking my brain on this one. So far I am 2 for 2 on the Lobster Pound. Both times really really good experiences. It really makes me question some peoples motives when posting "reviews" slamming area restaurants.

4 of us went in last night for a late dinner. We were on sleds and had just completed the "Prison Loop" trail. By the way conditions were not that bad on the loop and we had the great fortune to be the first to ride the freshly groomed "loop."

So we headed to the "Pound" and were immediately seated, the band was setting up in the dining area. Our waiter was beyond excellent. He was fast and efficient. I got Shrimp Scampi, My wife got a Mahi, Mahi special, one person got Prime Rib and the other in our group got the Seafood Platter. All got salad. The food came out nice and quick and portions were huge. The Seafood Platter was enormous. My Scampi was awesome the shrimp snapped when you ate them, nice and fresh. The Prime Rib looked awesome and my buddy ate ALMOST all of his Seafood Platter. The only criticism came from my wife who said while the Mahi, Mahi was awesome she thought they overdid it with the Risotto as the fish was essentially swimming in it. This comes from a gal who isn't really keen on lots of sauces or things. I probably would have like it but I can understand her point. Perhaps the Risotto could have been on the side or something. Anyway all in all a very positive experience. Great atmosphere, great band, great service. I'm 2 for 2 and I will be back!

One of our party took a Twin Lobster platter home to his wife and I look forward to his report on what her experience was with that.

Bottom line give the Lobster Pound a try and see for yourself.
I agree with your thoughts here and will add that I have been there twice and both times my meals were good and I don't recall feeling like the service was slow or anything. Actually both times we had the same waiter, he happens to be someone I know, and he was right there when he needed to be and the service was very good. I am also 2 for 2.

As for the twin lobster take out last night, after riding home on the sled and delivering it to my wife, they were still hot! She absolutely loved them and saved one to eat tonight. Honestly, I got home probably 20-25 minutes after receiving the meal and it was still hot (as she says, not warm but HOT), that is impressive, they packaged it really well for travel and I had one happy wife that's for sure

That night ride was awesonme, thanks for coming down and going out, that was my first night ride like that and I loved it!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #53
LillithFaewen

Unhappy Misunderstanding?

I realize this thread is old and I have not been on the forum in a while to respond to what was said here. I was not trolling first off I typically do not spend much time on the forum. I simply stated my experience at the Lobster Pound. I have never been served a cracked lobster. I did not mean they would take old meat and stuff it into a different shell. The Lobster Pound served my husband a lobster that had it's head taken off, it's tail and it's claws separated from it's body. So now you have a lobster in four parts. I meant these parts could possibly be interchanged, old/new. I did not mean they would take the time out to stuff old meat into shells. Overall I simply had a lousy dining experience there and will not be returning. My sons have returned several times but only for drinks and a few times some appetizers until one of the appetizers was served with a spoiled dipping sauce. They are lucky to have the location they do. I say that in response to all the negative reviews I hear off and on this forum on a regular basis about the Lobster Pound. Sorry if my opinion is against the majority but I think the place is terrible.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #54
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Sorry if my opinion is against the majority but I think the place is terrible.
This based on ONE visit?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #55
Woodsy

I visit the Lob Pound alot...

I think the owners have done a pretty darn good job turning around an old rundown restaurant into a nice new venue! Thier upper deck is a great place to hang out on a warm night and gives a great view of the lake, the bar downstairs is a great place to hang out and have a cold one and watch the game or listen to a band. I have eaten there on several occasions and EVERY time my steak (I dont eat fish... its a harbor seal thing) has been cooked great. I find the waitstaff & bartenders to be very friendly.... all in all I think the place is great and a definite asset to the Weirs.

Woodsy
EricP (07-10-2009), hazelnut (07-10-2009), sa meredith (07-09-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #56
sa meredith

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
I visit the Lob Pound alot...

I think the owners have done a pretty darn good job turning around an old rundown restaurant into a nice new venue! Thier upper deck is a great place to hang out on a warm night and gives a great view of the lake, the bar downstairs is a great place to hang out and have a cold one and watch the game or listen to a band. I have eaten there on several occasions and EVERY time my steak (I dont eat fish... its a harbor seal thing) has been cooked great. I find the waitstaff & bartenders to be very friendly.... all in all I think the place is great and a definite asset to the Weirs.

Woodsy
Could not agree more.
The upper deck, outdoor bar, is one the best places to be in late afternoon, early evening, as the sun starts to dip. Great, great place to relax, and have a few laughs.
I, too, stayed away at the beggining of last summer...but truth be told, I have never had a single bad experience there. Great place, great service, great food....only thing might be this....bring your your CC...it ain't cheap!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #57
jetskier

Post Mixed bag

We went to the Lobster Pound over the weekend with a large party. The dining room was fairly empty, but the patio seemed busy. Overall, the quality of the food was very good, but the service was horrific. We had three people in our party (including me) not receive their meals; two of the meals did come out one hour after the first meals were served. I waited for my meal and after 2 1/2 hours of being there I was just ready to leave. We ended up talking to the manager twice and she did adjust the tab to try to make things up to us.

In most restaurants the service is good with a large party as the waitress realizes that there is a large potential tip. In this case, we had the invisible waitress and the worst service we have ever had anywhere.

Since the manager was stand up and the quality of the food was quite good, we will give them another shot later in the year.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #58
LillithFaewen

Post No

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
This based on ONE visit?
SIKSUKR I have been to the Lobster Pound more than once although I chose to share my first experience on the forum, which was terrible in my opinion. I have returned twice since then, only to have the experiences be marginally better. I did not care to share about the second or third experiences. I am glad others enjoy it. I myself prefer to patronize the better restaraunt's in the Lakes Region.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 AM   #59
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Overall I simply had a lousy dining experience there and will not be returning .
Sounds like one visit to me.
Overlake97 (03-06-2010), Pineedles (07-10-2009)
Old 07-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #60
Lakepilot

Quote:
SIKSUKR I have been to the Lobster Pound more than once although I chose to share my first experience on the forum, which was terrible in my opinion. I have returned twice since then, only to have the experiences be marginally better. I did not care to share about the second or third experiences. I am glad others enjoy it. I myself prefer to patronize the better restaraunt's in the Lakes Region.
I'm really not trying to be mean, but if the restaurant was so bad the first time why would you go back for a second and third time?
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #61
sa meredith

Default not good.....

This review is really not all negative, and truth be told, I would not even think of posting it, if not for what has become a very recurring theme. But when there is an elephant in the room, it is sort of hard to ignore it. My story:
Last night (Tuesday, 8/4/09), after boating all day on what was quite possibly the finest boat day of the year (sand bar over by West Alton, tubing in Winter Harbor with wife and a bunch of her friends) we decided to head out for a quick bite and drinks after the company had left.
I didn't want to spend a ton, and said, "let's head over to Lobster Pound for drinks and a couple apps at the third floor outdoor bar". I had been 3 times (without her)and always loved it, so figured the two of us would have a great time. It was 6:30, sun was very warm, and being there, at the bar, seemed to be the perfect idea.
Well, upon entering, we learned the outdoor bar is Friday/Saturday only(really????In the middle of summer?). Too bad. The bar was the only reason I wanted to go. Oh well...as we were already there, we figured we might as well get a table, and have dinner. So we asked for a table outside and were seated rght away.
Long story short, from here....food great. Very expensive, but great. Not a bad thing to say. We both loved every bite. The service...quite another story (remember the part about the recurring theme?).
We ordered: Baked stuffed scallops, salad with vinaigrette...Baked stuffed haddock, salad blue cheese. wait wait wait....wait wait wait...here come two salads, both with vinaigrette. Wife asks, "is this blue cheese?" Problem is fixed very quickly. Great.
And now the food....out comes baked stuffed scallops, and FRIED haddock. UUmmmmmmm...."this is wrong". So the server says OK, and grabs her plate to leave and says he will have them make a baked stuff. So I stop him, to ask if we should eat in "shifts". Me first (as he left my plate in front of me). Then her. Clearly I'm not going to do that.
So he removes both....and 15 minutes later, both meals come out, and are perfect.
But why, oh why, does LP have so many stories of bad service.
It was not at all busy. So I just don't get it. Until last night, I had loved it there, but never sat down for a full dinner.
There is certainly some communication problem here.
Food is great, however.

Last edited by sa meredith; 08-05-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #62
VtSteve

My life flashed before my eyes when I read that. NO OUTDOOR BAR?????

Whew.... I'm heading over on a Friday so that's OK..

I'm not sure what pricey is anymore. You can pay $15 to $20 a head for crap, or not much more for great food. The apps will kill the bill for sure, as will cocktails. I've probably saved almost $1,000 in gas alone by not boating much this summer, so not in much pain.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #63
mike ray

Default bar is open

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
This review is really not all negative, and truth be told, I would not even think of posting it, if not for what has become a very recurring theme. But when there is an elephant in the room, it is sort of hard to ignore it. My story:
Last night (Tuesday, 8/4/09), after boating all day on what was quite possibly the finest boat day of the year (sand bar over by West Alton, tubing in Winter Harbor with wife and a bunch of her friends) we decided to head out for a quick bite and drinks after the company had left.
I didn't want to spend a ton, and said, "let's head over to Lobster Pound for drinks and a couple apps at the third floor outdoor bar". I had been 3 times (without her)and always loved it, so figured the two of us would have a great time. It was 6:30, sun was very warm, and being there, at the bar, seemed to be the perfect idea.
Well, upon entering, we learned the outdoor bar is Friday/Saturday only(really????In the middle of summer?). Too bad. The bar was the only reason I wanted to go. Oh well...as we were already there, we figured we might as well get a table, and have dinner. So we asked for a table outside and were seated rght away.
Long story short, from here....food great. Very expensive, but great. Not a bad thing to say. We both loved every bite. The service...quite another story (remember the part about the recurring theme?).
We ordered: Baked stuffed scallops, salad with vinaigrette...Baked stuffed haddock, salad blue cheese. wait wait wait....wait wait wait...here come two salads, both with vinaigrette. Wife asks, "is this blue cheese?" Problem is fixed very quickly. Great.
And now the food....out comes baked stuffed scallops, and FRIED haddock. UUmmmmmmm...."this is wrong". So the server says OK, and grabs her plate to leave and says he will have them make a baked stuff. So I stop him, to ask if we should eat in "shifts". Me first (as he left my plate in front of me). Then her. Clearly I'm not going to do that.
So he removes both....and 15 minutes later, both meals come out, and are perfect.
But why, oh why, does LP have so many stories of bad service.
It was not at all busy. So I just don't get it. Until last night, I had loved it there, but never sat down for a full dinner.
There is certainly some communication problem here.
Food is great, however.
unfortunately the weather has been so terrible this summer it has been hard to get the deck open. we have to make decisions on when to open the deck early in the day based on the weather forecast. if the forecast calls for thundershowers late in the day we are forced to cut our staff early and the entertainment. the deck is open usually wed-sun, but weather is always a factor. that is why we have our covered patio. it gives you an outdoor feel but you are protected from the rain.
as for the service, thats the first complaint we have had in a long time. if you look back at our negative posts there hasnt been any in quite a while. of course we do make mistakes from time to time. on wwekdays we are averaging 300-350 meals each day, and with that kind of volume, there is bound to be a couple of small mistakes. anytime we make a mistake we are more than willing to correct them in any way possible.
as far as price is concerned, our drinks match the other establishments in the area. our red sox beer special is one of the cheapest draft beer specials around. as for the food prices, you cannot charge any less than we charge now for the quality of food that we serve. we will go out of business. our scallops are u-8, which means 8 to a pound from ipswich shellfish. they are the best money can buy. our shrimp cocktail is u 6-8/ to a pound. they are the freshest shrimp around. for our lobster rolls, we steam lobsters every morning, crack them, then make our lobster salad and lobster pies. they are fresh, hard shell lobsters. our fried seafood is actually breaded and baddered with our own recipe, and cooked to order. it is never frozen. you can go to other places around and get a 13 dollar lobster roll, but here is my question, do you see a lobster tank at d'angelos or any of the "dairy bars" around? next time you go for a 13 dollar lobster roll, ask them to bring out just one live lobster, my bet is, they cannot.
you pay for the quality that you get at the lobster pound. we never intended on being a fast food resturant, and we never will be. we will always serve the best quality foods and for that it may take a bit longer, and cost a few dollars more, but if quality food is what you want the pound is the place.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #64
sa meredith

Default whoa Mike...

Mike...not trying to do battle in any way. In fact, please re-read my post.
I quote...regarding the food, "very expensive but great. Not a bad thing to say. We loved every bite".
How can you read this, and then write a whole post explaining the quality of your food? I said it was great.
And the only issue I had with the outdoor bar, was that it was closed. I love that part of LP, and it is what drew us in. Been up there three times, and loved evey one.
But Mike...you said no complaints about service in a while...please read post 58, dated 7/9/09. Similar post...great food, service a bit off.
And two mistakes inthe same visit...yeah, of course the wrong dressing on a salad is no big deal at all, but when the wrong entre comes out...well then you have to assume someone is just not paying attention.
Thanks for explaining about the prices. Very expensive was the wrong thing to say. The food is well worth it.
As an aside, if it is a party of two, would you agree both entres shoud return to the kitchen so the couple may enjoy their meals together?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #65
mike ray

Default just an explaination

I was just offering explanations to why our roofdeck wasnt open, and why our food is priced the way it is. My tone wasnt meant to be combative or defensive. As far as the posts go, that was one post about a month ago. we havent had any action on the forum good or bad for a while now. That leads me to believe things are going pretty well seeing as how most of what gets reported on the forum is negative. being at the pound each day, I get the customers feedback instantaneouesly and as I said before, we do make mistakes. servers do make errors and so does the kitchen, but you said its a common theme at the pound, and I'm saying it's just not the case. When you do the amount of volume we do it is impossible to make everybody happy. Some customers you cant make happy no matter what you do.
In your case, yes, the server did make mistakes.Those are problems that happen everyday in every resturant and we will work hard to stay on top of them. SA I do have one question for you though. Did I read before that you are a resturant owner in the area? If I'm wrong, I apologise in advance, but I was always taught that resturant owners never point out negative things about other peoples establishments. I guess I just find it strange that any resturant owner would criticize another establishment. Obviously you have the right to give your honest opinion, but me personally, when I write about other places I have been to, I write about the positive parts of the expirence and don not report the negative. I think thats what almost all resturanteurs do, and again, if I am mistaking you with someone else, I apologize.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #66
mike ray

Default just an explaination

I was just offering explanations to why our roofdeck wasnt open, and why our food is priced the way it is. My tone wasnt meant to be combative or defensive. As far as the posts go, that was one post about a month ago. we havent had any action on the forum good or bad for a while now. That leads me to believe things are going pretty well seeing as how most of what gets reported on the forum is negative. being at the pound each day, I get the customers feedback instantaneouesly and as I said before, we do make mistakes. servers do make errors and so does the kitchen, but you said its a common theme at the pound, and I'm saying it's just not the case. When you do the amount of volume we do it is impossible to make everybody happy. Some customers you cant make happy no matter what you do.
In your case, yes, the server did make mistakes.Those are problems that happen everyday in every resturant and we will work hard to stay on top of them.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #67
mike ray

Quote:
In your case, yes, the server did make mistakes.Those are problems that happen everyday in every resturant and we will work hard to stay on top of them. SA I do have one question for you though. Did I read before that you are a resturant owner in the area? If I'm wrong, I apologise in advance, but I was always taught that resturant owners never point out negative things about other peoples establishments. I guess I just find it strange that any resturant owner would criticize another establishment. Obviously you have the right to give your honest opinion, but me personally, when I write about other places I have been to, I write about the positive parts of the expirence and don not report the negative. I think thats what almost all resturanteurs do, and again, if I am mistaking you with someone else, I apologize.
sorry SA. I realize you were not the person I was thinking of. I tried to edit and remove the post but I guess I cant. my apologizes and I reposted, and took out the ending.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #68
Nagigator

Smile never been there, but....

Not ever having been to the Lobster Barn, I can't give an opinion on service. But if you are served one good meal out of two, and need to send one back, it makes sense to me to split that good one first, and then split the second one, also, as it comes out. As a former waitress and bartender, and of course patron, there is nothing worse that waiting for something that has already been placed in front of you. Yes, you may not get want you ordered at first,but the staff will usually go that extra mile after that. IMHO.
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #69
sa meredith

Default no

No. Not a restaurant owner. In fact, as of 8/31, an unemployed sales manager.
What I did post was that my wife was GM and a minority owner of a restaurant that indeed has a location in the lakes region.
I have also posted that I have visited your place (LP) with another GM and minority owner of the restaurants, that could not say enough about how great your place was. He was impressed by every aspect of LP. The building, the outdoor bar, the food, the service. In fact, Mike, please re-read post #127 of the following thread:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6155

Anyway, I've never had a bad thing to say. I like LP quite a bit.
And to be honest, my post today was 50/50 negative/positive. How many times did I say the food was great?
It's all good Mike...no more negative LP stuff from me.
I'll be back, when the outdoor bar is open.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #70
Allday

Default great Chicken & ribs @ the LP

Ate there last Sunday the food was excellent, thanks Mike and team
Allday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #71
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Mike,I noticed in your post that you referred to "dairy bars" in a negative light.......and then in a following post you say "I guess I just find it strange that any restaurant owner would criticize another establishment"
I haven't heard any other owners picking apart your operation,so why make remarks about them?
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #72
mike ray

Default thats not the case at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Mike,I noticed in your post that you referred to "dairy bars" in a negative light.......and then in a following post you say "I guess I just find it strange that any restaurant owner would criticize another establishment"
I haven't heard any other owners picking apart your operation,so why make remarks about them?
sam, if you look through all of my preveious posts I have never made a negetive remark about any of the resturants in the area. I was simply explaining why some places can charge less for their lobster rolls than we do at the pound. It wasnt meant as a knock at dairy bars. I have been a customer of sawyers every summer since I was a little kid, and intend on going there for as long as they stay open. Sawyers opening in the spring is like the unofficial kick off to summer, and I look forward to it every year. I never said the product you recieve is sub-par at dairy bars, and if thats how it sounded, it wasnt my intent. people have asked the question why is a lobster roll more expensive at one resturant than another, and I wanted to provide them with an answer. If my explanation was wrong, please tell me. I was in no way "picking apart" dairy bars. and sam, you should go back and read all the posts about the pound, there are plenty of owners who have bashed us. owners have also bashed us through word of mouth. there is nothing wrong with that, but I personally feel its bad business practice.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #73
VtSteve

I fully intend on being at the LP August 21st. More than likely, ride over and back in a cab It's been a long and short summer, with little or no playtime for me. The LP sounds like just the place to unwind on a Friday night.

I've been working on trying to get my boat over there, but not much luck yet.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #74
Seeker

I'd like to see the bill for that ride from Burlington.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #75
VtSteve

The bill wouldn't be bad actually. The real pain would be rounding the Sound and heading north. In my boat, that could be a problem
Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #76
nj2nh

We went to the Lobster Pound for the first time last week. I was dubious after reading all those negative reviews a while back, but the place just looks GOOD. We were immediately seated. The service was excellent.

I confess that everyone else in my party had burgers or a salad. What is wrong with these people? I had salmon. It was quite good, but I think it got cooked about 30 seconds too long. Still, excellent. The portions were probably too generous, but who is going to complain about that?

We would definitely go again.

nj2nh
Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #77
Pineedles

Default 30 seconds is relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
We went to the Lobster Pound for the first time last week. I was dubious after reading all those negative reviews a while back, but the place just looks GOOD. We were immediately seated. The service was excellent.

I confess that everyone else in my party had burgers or a salad. What is wrong with these people? I had salmon. It was quite good, but I think it got cooked about 30 seconds too long. Still, excellent. The portions were probably too generous, but who is going to complain about that?

We would definitely go again.

nj2nh
Microwave 30 seconds or hot oven broiler 30 seconds? It makes a big difference. Mountainside, NJ!

Last edited by Pineedles; 08-10-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Addition and spacing
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote