Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
The Worm

Default Busy Weekend

Just got home from skiing this weekend, incredible conditions -WOW! Gas prices, slow economy?? It's not slowing anyone down, tremendous crowds, long lift lines, lots of traffic both automobile & sled. I have never seen so many sled trailers on the road. I even got stopped on Rt 16 near Rt 25, a NH State Trooper stopped both north & southbound lanes of traffic to let sleds cross, maybe 30 went by - I've never seen this before. This has been a great winter for NH skiing so far, pumps a lot of money into the local economy. They'll be cashing in on school vacations next week also. Saw some kids with a fast sled, tied a towrope to it & were wake(snow)boarding off the back of it. Crazy.

-Worm
The Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
sa meredith

Default Economy....

Along those same lines.....The auto business, which used to be unreal on Washington's Birthday weekend, but has slowed way down, is very brisk this weekend. Best I have seen in the past 6 or 7 years. Many, many people, (upstanding citizens, with a-level credit) willing to go into debt. Thank God....I'll need the gas money for this coming summer of boating.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Gatto Nero

Default Crowds? What crowds?

I purposely avoided the ski mountains this weekend because of the expected crowds but I was amazed by how quite the NW side of the lake was. It looked as though the slush from last weekend must have scared everyone off the lake. I don't think I saw more than 10 or 15 sleds go by our house all weekend. We took our sleds out for a quick trip up to Castle in the Clouds late Saturday afternoon and the trails didn't seem too crowded to me either. Once you got a mile or two away form the lake the trails were in great shape. Some friends of ours went up to Baker River (I think) and said they had the trails to themselves. Maybe they all went further north?
Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
The Worm

Default Crowds? What crowds?

MW Valley - Bartlett, No. Conway
The Worm is offline   Reply With Quote