Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
codeman671

Default island builders

Looking for recommendations for companies that will build on islands these days. Stick built, 1700sqft in Gilford. Obviously someone that can handle the logistics of it. We can certainly barge materials if someone doesn't have their own, but I need someone that can handle getting back and forth and preferably has done it before.

There is a possibility depending on price that we decide to go log, in that case someone that does log as well? Not all have experience with log.

I know the usuals like Island Services, Island Support and Winnipesaukee Islands and am speaking with them.

Any suggestions?
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
KPW

Default Lake Winnipesaukee Island Property Mgt

www.lwipm.com
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
The Real BigGuy

Diversified Marine Contractors out of Guilford. Stick builds, not sure about log.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
JMR

Default Vance Sedlar

We used Vance Sedlar of Sedlari Construction to due our dormer construction last season and I would highly recommend him. He has a place on Rattlesnake , Broads side and has barges and is very used to island construction issues, as are his subs.

He has also dealt with Local Building Inspectors quite a bit.

His number is 603-620-6217
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
Witch One

Default HP Island Construction

There's a contractor who does a lot of island work that people on the IBOLW Facebook page speak highly of:
http://hpislandconstruction.com/
Witch One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts

If I were doing it again, I'd seriously consider prefab or modular, not to be confused with manufactured. A crew can carry and install wall sections very quickly compared to the same crew carrying individual pieces of 2x6, then cutting, nailing, etc. Depending on your exposure, the fewer barge trips and the less time the barge has to spend at your dock, the better. Don't recall the name, but I recall a company in Walpole NH being featured on This Old House a couple of years ago. Magnificent house, wall sections assembled on site. Down the street from me, a house replacement was done after a fire with 4 modules. installed by crane, for a two story house.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:03 AM   #7
Grady223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
If I were doing it again, I'd seriously consider prefab or modular, not to be confused with manufactured. A crew can carry and install wall sections very quickly compared to the same crew carrying individual pieces of 2x6, then cutting, nailing, etc. Depending on your exposure, the fewer barge trips and the less time the barge has to spend at your dock, the better. Don't recall the name, but I recall a company in Walpole NH being featured on This Old House a couple of years ago. Magnificent house, wall sections assembled on site. Down the street from me, a house replacement was done after a fire with 4 modules. installed by crane, for a two story house.

Tedd Benson https://bensonwood.com. Probably the foremost timber frame builder in the US. He built a home here on Barndoor Island. Beautiful. Expensive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:18 AM   #8
Grady223

https://www.facebook.com/coleconstruction603/
http://www.carrierscarpentry.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote