Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Ryan
Senior Member
 
Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mass/Gilford
Posts: 244
Thanks: 216
Thanked 69 Times in 32 Posts
Default One Day in Concord

This quick vid seems a little bit different from the video that was posted here a few weeks ago. Does anybody know why, when presented with facts, the same spin takes place over and over again?

One Day in Concord
__________________
Please do not feel the trolls.

Last edited by Ryan; 12-30-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: linkie broken
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (12-31-2010), lawn psycho (12-30-2010), NoBozo (12-31-2010), pseudonym (01-03-2011), VtSteve (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
VtSteve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,313
Thanks: 230
Thanked 358 Times in 167 Posts
Default

"If you've read any of my posts.....under various names you would know I've never answered a question where facts were presented to me......"

I've been thanked by Skip for my useful posts...."


Looks ironclad to me I wonder if the number of hours El was on the lake each year is the sum of multiple screen names/posters combined?
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
Seaplane Pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 825
Thanks: 278
Thanked 409 Times in 164 Posts
Thumbs up

Another masterpiece - thank you.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
pseudonym
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hysterical!!

Well done!
pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,413
Thanks: 946
Thanked 591 Times in 329 Posts
Default reference to skip in video

being thanked by skip is so useful. skip has been thanked so many times, he must be a very smart person. wait a minute. if skip is so smart then why is he starting trouble on the issues thread area? didn't he say that we should take our arguements some where else? didn't www.sbonh.org start their own forum? why is skip thanking speed limit supporters? if you support SL repeal, then why do you support posters that lie and libel winni.com members? why are you starting threads that cause controversy? what is your agenda skip? you are a very confusing person.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Skip (01-03-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,413
Thanks: 946
Thanked 591 Times in 329 Posts
Default skip thanked me for my post

oh joy, skip has thanked me for my useful post. i am still confused though. why has skip thanked me? i hope it is because he thanks confused posters.

he thanked me again. Perhaps my next post will help him understand.

Last edited by Pineedles; 01-03-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Skip (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
sunset on the dock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 254
Thanks: 91
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
why is skip thanking speed limit supporters? if you support SL repeal, then why do you support posters that lie and libel winni.com members?
Quoting someone verbatum is not libel. These are the words he typed on offshoreonly.com. No doubt he regrets it. And no doubt it is painful to be damned by his own words. And people have a right to know what he said in a public forum. Mel Gibson for example surely wishes he could take back some of his words and even recover damages for said words...but he cannot. PERIOD
sunset on the dock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post:
Skip (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,413
Thanks: 946
Thanked 591 Times in 329 Posts
Default

In the name of intelligent discussion SOTD, your buddy elchase/BIM/et al have ruined Don's site. End of story. I'm trying to convince skip and don to kick you guys off this site permanently. Your buddy elchase is ruining another site as we speak. And it's not the www.sbonh.org site.

Why can't site moderators understand that people like elchase want to ruin your forums? Kick them off permanently! We've already discussed the fact that there is no guarantee of free speech on private forums. If the forum is hurting, stop the bleeding! Get rid of one side or the other. I really don't care which one you decide to kick off, but there are alot of folks who want you to make a decision.

And BTW SOTD, the libel I was talking about was the lies about VTsteve that elchase posted.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
sunset on the dock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 254
Thanks: 91
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
In the name of intelligent discussion SOTD, your buddy elchase/BIM/et al have ruined Don's site. End of story. I'm trying to convince skip and don to kick you guys off this site permanently. Your buddy elchase is ruining another site as we speak. And it's not the www.sbonh.org site.

Why can't site moderators understand that people like elchase want to ruin your forums? Kick them off permanently! We've already discussed the fact that there is no guarantee of free speech on private forums. If the forum is hurting, stop the bleeding! Get rid of one side or the other. I really don't care which one you decide to kick off, but there are alot of folks who want you to make a decision.

And BTW SOTD, the libel I was talking about was the lies about VTsteve that elchase posted.
Check out the quotes on the first post of the "This Subforum is a Disgrace" thread again to see who needs to be banned from the forum.

Last edited by sunset on the dock; 01-04-2011 at 07:58 AM.
sunset on the dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Pineedles
Senior Member
 
Pineedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moultonborough & CT
Posts: 2,413
Thanks: 946
Thanked 591 Times in 329 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Check out the quotes on the first post of the "This Subforum is a Disgrace" thread again to see who needs to be banned from the forum.
OK SOTD, that's your opinion, I've got mine. I said I don't care which side gets the boot. An alternative is, no discussion of anything controversial. Would you be willing to go with that proposal?
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Quoting someone verbatum is not libel. These are the words he typed on offshoreonly.com. No doubt he regrets it. And no doubt it is painful to be damned by his own words. And people have a right to know what he said in a public forum. Mel Gibson for example surely wishes he could take back some of his words and even recover damages for said words...but he cannot. PERIOD
I hope you keep bringing up the internet banter. Must be frustrating to have to sling mud instead of having data to back up your argument.

Prove to me that the speed limit makes any difference on safety and I'll side with you. I'm waiting.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
gtagrip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Thanks: 115
Thanked 75 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I hope you keep bringing up the internet banter. Must be frustrating to have to sling mud instead of having data to back up your argument.

Prove to me that the speed limit makes any difference on safety and I'll side with you. I'm waiting.
We've been told by SOTD, EL(or BIM), APS, and the like, that the speed limit is not working in the Barbar Pole area, but I think it might be working on the rest of the lake!
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtagrip For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (01-04-2011), Seaplane Pilot (01-04-2011)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.22848 seconds