Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Wildlife
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
The Eagle

Default Baby Eagle update!

Hi Guys & Gals,
What a FABULOUS Labor Day weekend! Beautiful weather, even with the wind on Sunday!
We went to view the baby eagles on Monday, and low and behold, the smallest eagle, who fell out of the nest during the tornado's winds, was up off the ground, and was sitting high up in a pine tree, along with the other two babies. So all three eagleetts are now Airborne, and healthy! We were worried about the smallest one, but she's OK! A successful summer for them all. I know many of the freinds who where "keeping an eye," on the baby eagles, were very concerned with the one that fell out of the nest. So IF you missed the last official summer weekend, don't worry she made it OK! Thank you Mother Nature, for a spectacular summer!
Speaking of the end of summer, there is a GOOD chance I WILL make it to the Forum Fest this month! The Loon center is right near my home, amd I may FINALLY get a chance to meet everyone, WITHOUT my Eagle costume! I have to check my schedule, but I am going to TRY MY BEST to make it there! (I'm happy all that bickering finally stopped!) I hope everyone enjoys the final weeks of boating!
"The Eagle"
The Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
donnamatrix

Default Eagle kids

We were at the island also, but didn't see the eaglet we've named "Rocky" because he/she was hopping about on the ground and the rocks. I am really glad to hear that the third baby is doing well, and will keep looking for it up in the trees. We saw two in the trees on Monday... but not the third. THANKS
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
The Eagle

Default tHE tHREE BABYS

Hi Donnamatrix!
The smallest one (that fell out, of the nest) was at the vert far end of the island on the top of a pine tree, the second baby was on the third pine tree to the right of the nest (where it was, anyway) and the third one was on the same pine tree, as the nest was on, right up against the trunk. That one was VERY hard to see. Then the one, in the middle, took off, and flew over all the boats, then he flew up and around Moultonboro Bay, until we lost sight of him, heading towards Melvin Village. What boat were you in? I was in the Maroon & White "SeaRay." (there from about 11:00 AM, until 4:00 PM-ish) We probably waved to each other!
"The Eagle"
Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
donnamatrix

Default Looking at the eagles

Hi Eagle. I know you keep your boat at Ambrose, just like we do. We met briefly at the marina about 2 years ago. We have a white/green Four Winns whose name, of course, is Donnamatrix!! We were at the island around 11:15 or so-are you the fellow I waved to? It was sooo windy! I saw the eagle that was nestled up next to the trunk, and the other one, but missed the third... thanks for your updates. I'll holler at ya the next time!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Default I Saw The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Hi Donnamatrix!
The smallest one (that fell out, of the nest) was at the vert far end of the island on the top of a pine tree, the second baby was on the third pine tree to the right of the nest (where it was, anyway) and the third one was on the same pine tree, as the nest was on, right up against the trunk. That one was VERY hard to see. Then the one, in the middle, took off, and flew over all the boats, then he flew up and around Moultonboro Bay, until we lost sight of him, heading towards Melvin Village. What boat were you in? I was in the Maroon & White "SeaRay." (there from about 11:00 AM, until 4:00 PM-ish) We probably waved to each other!
"The Eagle"
I have been following this thread and when I went up to Lees Mill for the steamboats I thought I would see if I could find the eagles.On my way back to Alton Bay I stopped by the two small Islands in Moultonborough bay(Poplar and Joe's).I putted around for a while and didn't see anything although I could hear them.I moved over to the Maroon and white Sea Ray that was anchored off of Poplar Island and asked if the couple onboard had seen the eagles.They said that they had ang pointed them out to me.
Thanks Eagle and nice to meet you and your wife.
I got pictures but they aren't very good.
The best part I got to see the eagles I just wish they weren't so far from Alton Bay.

Last edited by Sunset Bob; 09-14-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
The Eagle

Default Nice to meet you too!

Hi Sunset Bob,
I'm glad you stopped and introduced yourself, to me, and I to you. In all these years I have only met a very few forum members. As I told you I HAD planned to attend the Forum Fest this year, but I promissed my High School Alama Mater, I would speak to the students on Friday, when the Vietnam Veterans Moving Wall, come to my old home town. It's a long story, but I served two tours of duty in Vietnam, and lost four of my classmates. I established monuments to them, and I have been asked many times to address the Middle school students, about the lives of my four friends. I never turn the school down. Hopefully I will still make it up the lake on Friday night and come to the Forum Fest on Sunday. I so want to meet everyone...finally! Gald you got to see the baby eagles too!
"The Eagle"
Old 09-14-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Hi Sunset Bob,
I'm glad you stopped and introduced yourself, to me, and I to you. In all these years I have only met a very few forum members.

Hopefully I will still make it up the lake on Friday night and come to the Forum Fest on Sunday. I so want to meet everyone...finally!
"The Eagle"
You might meet more members if you attend Saturday, with the rest of those planning to attend ForumFest V.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...31&postcount=1
Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
Grant

Senter Cove Guy and I went diving on Saturday afternoon, and on the way back he swung by Poplar. One of the "babies" (quotes because they are pretty large!) was perched in the tree. Everyone else must've been out fishing. Quite a site -- and a beautiful day on (and under) the Lake.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #9
The Eagle

Default Thanks for correcting me!

Hi GWC,
THANK YOU, for correcting me! It would have been pretty embarassing to show up on Sunday, looking for everyone, who was there on Saturday! (My Mom always said, I was a day late, and a dollar short!) I guess this was one of my first "Senior Moments!" LOL...Thanks again for letting me know I was off schedule! I still hope to be there on SATURDAY!
"The Eagle"