Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2004, 05:43 AM   #1
Old Chris Craft

Default Wolfeboro restaurants

We haven't been to the other side of the lake in a while and were wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good place to have lunch in Wolfeboro?
Old Chris Craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:10 AM   #2
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Cool Wolfe's Tavern

We have enjoyed many informal lunches in the Wolfeboro Inn Tavern. In nicer weather there is outdoor seating
click here for photos and menu
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:41 AM   #3
murph

Cool Wolfetrap

Try the Wolfetrap. Love their lobster roll and steamers!
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #4
PHDIII

Default Old Dockside Restaurant

Does anyone know the plans for the Old Dockside restaurant that the owners of the Garwood are rumored to have purchased? Will the decor still be the same? Will they still have lobster roll on the menu? My husband has been coming to the Lakes for over 50 years and we now have property on Long Island where we will be building our retirement home in about 4 years. There are some traditions that just shouldn't be changed! Also, when will it open for the season? We arrive on June 20. PHDIII
PHDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Garwoods has not purchased the "Dockside" restaurant. It is owned by the Town of Wolfeboro, and Garwoods has leased it. I was by it the other day, and the interior is still the same as I remember it from years ago, fairly dark wood booths and tables. Supposed to be good family fare, and I expect they will do well.

As far as other places, certainly Joe Green's is good for lunch, with outdoor seating overlooking the Town docks, and Garwoods does a nice lunch.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #6
camp guy

Default Wolfeboro restaurant

The previous posts are alll good places to eat in Wolfeboro. The same owners/operators of the Wolfe Trap now operate the food service at the local Kingswood Golf Club under the name Sand Trap. I have eaten there several times and food I had was very good. If you come to town by boat (or not) you have to have a hot dog from "Hot Dog Bob" at the town waterfront. A lot of people are awaiting the opening of the dockside restaurant under the same management as Garwoods restaurant. Knowing the people as I do, you can be sure it will be clean, clean, neat, and the employees will be friendly, not to mention excellent food. Wolfeboro has many restaurants catering (no pun intended) to a wide range of tastes. You can even get a pretty good (and very reasonable) lunch at the local hospital coffee shop. Enjoy your time here.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
Janie

Default Garwoods... Eat In The Lounge Overlooking The Bay

The best... they have the best beer battered chicken EVER! Other great food, too. Good prices great location and view. The Wolfetrap is great but expensive and the view is only of back bay. The staff at Garwoods is excellent, too.
Tuftonboro, NH
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:02 AM   #8
Old Chris Craft

Thank you for the great suggestions. We will have to make several trips over this summer to try all of them!
Old Chris Craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:10 AM   #9
Grant

Default Another vote for Garwood's...

Had a great dinner with my brother a few weeks ago at Garwood's. Dinner was great, as was the service. When we take the kids out later in the year, we do Wolfetrap. I like their raw bar.

Also -- try the Franconia Notch beer that they have on tap. If you enjoy a nice hoppy IPA-style ale, it's a winner.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #10
camp guy

Default Wolfeboro restaurant - Dockside

This morning, just before noon, the newly reincarnated Dockside Grille and Diary Bar on the Town docks in Wolfeboro served its first ice cream cone of the season. The food service will be a few more days, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter !! Congratulations !!
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:25 PM   #11
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Dockside - TV Diner Review

Now closed for the winter season since Labor Day.

click for review
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:35 PM   #12
Knomad

Smile Rumba's

We discovered a hidden jewel in Wolfeboro this weekend - Rumba's on Union Street.
This is a small restuarant with only 10 - 12 tables. The menu is short but had a good selection of gourment dishes to meet most people tastes, like Mahi Mahi, rack of lamb, steak, and chicken.
The food was excellent! I'd even dare to compare it to the old Love's Quay. Six of us went there Saturday night and even though they were short staffed the service was excellent. The owner and his wife were friendly and attentive making sure everything was just right.
Because it is small, reservations are required, even for smaller groups.

Very highly recommended.
Knomad is offline   Reply With Quote