Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
Hsknitting

Question Dogs welcomed

I would like to know if any ones of a resturant that has seating outside (or in) that I can go to and take my little (5lbs) dog with me. I have a boat docked in Alton Bay but will go any where in the lake area for dinner.
Thanks
Hsknitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
Juawanna

Default Places to take the baby...

A little 5 pound baby can go just about anywhere. On trips to the airport to pick up family, I empty out my purse and put my little 4 pound baby inside and we cruise through the airport. Most people never notice and those that do, well all I can say is that they just fall in love and give her all the attention and they forget about everything else. Same with the grocery store, she comes along in the purse, but this time she has to share it with my wallet. We often make trips to Dunkin Donuts, not for me, but to get the baby her one little munchkin that the people at the counter love to give her. Too many more munchkins and she'll be a 6 pound baby.

I don't know of any restaurants that actually allow dogs, other than service dogs, in to the dining areas of restaurants. Outside dining usually is a bit more lenient. As long as your baby is contained and will not disturb anyone by barking or making use of the public walking area for things other than walking, you should be ok. The Town Docks in Meredith, outside dining is a place you may want to try, very casual, very relaxed and they may not mind your little one.
Juawanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:43 AM   #3
dpg

I'll need to try that. I'm sure my 75 lb. Weimaraner would just love a couple dozen Munchkins
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:59 AM   #4
Outlaw

Can you imagine the look on the clerks face when you go to the drive through widow and your 75 pound baby sticks its head out the drivers window and barks for a munchkin....
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
PROPELLER

I hope that is not the same Weimeraner I saw 3 weeks ago (7/16) in Wolfboro. I am at the town docks & the absent owner is allowing this dog to run around the park unleased. The dog decides to do his business on the public walk in front of the docks. 10 minutes later I see the owner (a male) call him & walks away with the dog before anyone can say something to him. The owners boat was an Eastern (I think or a style boat like it)with I think a Honda outboard & the boat had a yellow/tan canopy on the bow. I know this because I saw the same dog 2 hours later on this boat I described. This time the dog is on this boat with a woman who had no clue how to dock it.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM   #6
dpg

Nope, not the same dog. Their not to difficult to spot though as there is not many around.

Geez, I wish I had mine in Wolfborough a couple days ago!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 05:41 PM   #7
ina

Thumbs up

Just had lunch/dinner at the "wolfe trap" in Wolfeboro and the woman that ran the place said that dogs were welcome on the outside seating area...small dogs!!
ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #8
JG1222

Default OK - Dogs in a Restauraunt...

I realize that there are many people that enjoy taking their dogs wherever they go. I have no problem when someone brings their dog to Home Depot, Petco, or other establishment that goes out of their way to specify that they allow dogs. And, as a dog owner, I appreciate places like these - they serve as a great opportunity to socialize a dog, getting them used to different people and situations.

However, enough is enough at the restaurants (and the grocery store, for that matter)! And, when I say "restaurants", I don't mean Pops Clam Shell, or the Tamarack. I'm talking about sit-down restaurants. Whether it's a formal indoor place like Canoe, or a casual place that has a outdoor screened-in patio like Karen & Barry's in Meredith - the vast majority of people do not want to be enjoying their dinner, only to see someone with a dog hidden in a gym bag right next to them.

At BEST, it's a distraction to the atmosphere that people pay to experience when they go out to eat. At WORST, it's unsanitary and wildly inappropriate.

Last edited by JG1222; 08-24-2004 at 03:51 PM.
JG1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:19 PM   #9
Newbiesaukee

Default Home Depot

Agree with your thoughts, but Home Depot has a posting on the door clearly excluding dogs.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:34 PM   #10
JG1222

Wink I Guess I Stand Corrected... On the Home Depot Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee
Agree with your thoughts, but Home Depot has a posting on the door clearly excluding dogs.
The one near my home doesn't. Nevertheless, I think most people will get the gist.
JG1222 is offline   Reply With Quote