Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
rstewart

Default Sandy Storm Preparation

I thought I would pass along some tips on storm preparedness as Sandy is about to converge on NH. For a more comprehensive list I suggest going to FEMA website:

Learn about your community's emergency plans, warning signals, evacuation routes, and locations of emergency shelters.
Identify potential building hazards and know how to secure or protect them before hurricane strikes. Be prepared to turn of electrical power when there is standing water, fallen power lines, or before you evacuate. Turn off gas and water supplies if you have to evacuate. Secure structurally unstable building materials.
Locate and secure your important papers and data, such as insurance policies.
Assess the exterior of the building and surrounding areas to ensure that landscaping, trees and / or signage do not become a wind hazard.
Establish a plan for window and door protection.

Should you have water intrusion into your home or camp make sure there is no threat of electrical shock before removing it.
Water should be completely removed and wet area should be dried thoroughly to avoid the possibility of future mold growth.

I hope you found this information helpful and should you have questions or need consultation please feel free to contact Rob Stewart at All Brite Cleaning & Restoration, Inc. 603-524-4889
rstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rstewart For This Useful Post:
SteveA (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
RLW

Smile

rstewart, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Thanks for your input regarding the preparedness of the coming storm. I’m sure some of your suggestions will be well accepted by the forum members.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
fatlazyless

3:50-pm ....... lights and electricity just went off.....then back on very brief and are now off for about five minutes or so......down towards the end of meredith neck....posting by Sterno-powered iPad....
5:30-pm........and the electricity is working again......hey......come on now.....what took so long....and it's about time.......geesh!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-29-2012 at 04:33 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Kamper

Do your laundry before the storm hits. If you lose power it may be a while before you can do it again and the laundry-mats will be jammed.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote