Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
Just Sold

Post New England Boat Show

The New England Boat Show in Boston is this weekend 2/16 through Sun 2/24. http://www.newenglandboatshow.com/

Anyone planning on attending? We are looking to go this weekend.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
codeman671

We are going on Saturday, although we cut the deal on our new boat today.

Hats off to Ryan at Winnisquam Marine for putting up with me for the last month while I flip-flopped on picking out a model, changing options/styles, repricing, and generally abusing him. I dont think there is another dealer in the area that is as accomodating and hard working as he is.

Now he just has to deliver on time

(I know he will read this, so I had to give him a poke)
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Diver Vince

Well be there on Sat and can't wait. We ordered our boat several months ago and the salesman told me I would not get a better deal at the show. Well I'm going with my invoice in hand just to double check.
Diver Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
Bear247

Hoping to make it into the show on Sunday to look around.
Bear247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
fpartri497

Im going wed. the 20th.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Hoping to go Sunday or Monday.. Just fun to look around and see what some of the new models look like. I know the wife will not allow me to even consider a new boat... but it will be a good way to get out of the house for a while.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
chasedawg

Default New England Boat show

I plan on spending a great deal of time at the show. I will be attending tomorrow Saturday, Monday through Wednesday. I plan on upgrading my Tritoon to another high performance Tritoon. My present JC Tritoon is an awesome boat with a 200 HP Otimax. I'm looking to increase the new Tritoon with a 300 - 350 HP engine.

Any recommendations on what Tritoon should I be considering?
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Just Sold

Thumbs up Saturday

We are going tomorrow, Saturday. I have the floor plan already marked up too.
Weather on Sunday is supposed to be colder, poss light snow early, but very windy. I have been there before in those conditions and even with parking out back if I can avoid it I will. Much nicer Sat and no need for the heavy coat to lug around. Do not like checking my coat.

Similar thought like LIforrelaxin had and my wife has already said NO to a new boat. I only asked for a 19' Chaparrel, nothing too big. Got an extra $32K before discounts?
Old 02-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
I plan on spending a great deal of time at the show. I will be attending tomorrow Saturday, Monday through Wednesday. I plan on upgrading my Tritoon to another high performance Tritoon. My present JC Tritoon is an awesome boat with a 200 HP Otimax. I'm looking to increase the new Tritoon with a 300 - 350 HP engine.

I just went with a Premier 275, 10' wide model with a 300 Verado, should be fun. Go talk to Winnisquam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
We are going tomorrow, Saturday. I have the floor plan already marked up too.
Weather on Sunday is supposed to be colder, poss light snow early, but very windy. I have been there before in those conditions and even with parking out back if I can avoid it I will. Much nicer Sat and no need for the heavy coat to lug around. Do not like checking my coat.

Similar thought like LIforrelaxin had and my wife has already said NO to a new boat. I only asked for a 19' Chaparrel, nothing too big. Got an extra $32K before discounts?
Go valet, its the only way to go there! Well worth the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
Grandpa Redneck

Quote:

I agree with Codeman671, If you want great performance, and comfort in a tri-toon go see Winnisquam Marine and check out the Premier PTX packages, you will not be disappointed.
chasedawg (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
jeffatsquam

I am headed to the Miami international boat tomorrow to check out Manitou tri-toons. Going with Jon from Independent Marine we hope to buy a truckload.

PM me if you want to learn more
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffatsquam For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
chasedawg

Default New England Boat show

Quote:
I am headed to the Miami international boat tomorrow to check out Manitou tri-toons. Going with Jon from Independent Marine we hope to buy a truckload.
I am interested in the Manitou. I have sea trial the Bennington, Harris, and Premier. I have not demoed the Manitou but I have seen them perform. I would like to put a 300 Verado on it. Is Jon now a distributor for Mercury.?

I will try and PM you.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
jrc

Visited the show in Boston yesterday. The place was crowded and there were a lot of boats. Some boats even had lines to get in.

It seem that pontoons are still enjoying a boom. I saw so many new models, styles and brands. Lots of small runabouts as well.

The big power boats are still in the doldrums, I only found one bridge boat at the whole show! A Meridian 391. In the express cruiser style there, were maybe two or three over 40' and around a dozen overall.

As for lake vendors, I saw signs for Irwin, Channel, Paugus Bay, Silver Sands, Winnisquam, and Meredith, all seemed to be partnered up with either a boat brand or another dealer.

I didn't notice Fay's, Thurston's or Lakeport, I guess the speed limit wars had no winners. The smaller guys like Melvin, Trexler's and Gillian's seemed absent as well along with Shep Brown's. Doesn't mean they weren't there but I didn't notice.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post

I didn't notice Fay's, Thurston's or Lakeport, I guess the speed limit wars had no winners. The smaller guys like Melvin, Trexler's and Gillian's seemed absent as well along with Shep Brown's. Doesn't mean they weren't there but I didn't notice.
Lakeport and Trexlers were there for sure and the guys from Melvin were in the 4 Winns booth.
diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
gillygirl

Default Saw Fay's headed south

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
On Thursday, I saw a pick-up towing a Fay's Boat Yard trailer heading south on 93 in northern MA. Figured they were headed to the boat show.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
codeman671

Shep browns was there, in fact they had a lot of people there. I saw Bill jr. and Bill L there but didnt talk to them. Gillan was there was well. Ernie was up front with the moomba and supra display.

In general, lots of pontoons and wakeboard boats. I heard it was busy early, but a bit quiet later when we arrived. The valet was not where it usually was, it was immediately on the right as you turn off summer street and into the entrance.

Headed back down today with the kids to show them their new toy. Our purchase earlier in the week changed when we saw a different one at the show (same brand and dealer).
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #17
Diver Vince

What a great show! We have many times attended the show at Jacob Javits in NYC but this one was lots of fun.. Perhaps it had something to do with the new 262 Cobalt I purchased and am anxiously awaiting delivery on?

Also the $25 valet parking charge was worth it since the lots were full and we'd need to take a shuttle to the long term lot (wherever that was located).
Diver Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Vince View Post
What a great show! We have many times attended the show at Jacob Javits in NYC but this one was lots of fun.. Perhaps it had something to do with the new 262 Cobalt I purchased and am anxiously awaiting delivery on?

Also the $25 valet parking charge was worth it since the lots were full and we'd need to take a shuttle to the long term lot (wherever that was located).
Congrats! We loved our Cobalt and are looking forward to buying another in the next few years. We had a very nice chat with the salesman from Goodhue Hawkins. This forum needs a "jealous" button. ; )

We parked over by Legal Seafoods. The walk was chilly but nice, and the prospect of dinner made the walk palatable.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #19
AmericanBoatClub

Hope to make it down one day.

Was there any nice center consoles 21-26 feet?

Thanks

Kurt
AmericanBoatClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBoatClub View Post
Hope to make it down one day.

Was there any nice center consoles 21-26 feet?

Thanks

Kurt
I think there was plenty. I was looking for smaller one, something in the 13 to 17' length. Not as much in that size range.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #21
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:

Click here: If Pontoon Boats Could Fly . . . This one does! - YouTube
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #22
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Went down on Tues.

We enjoyed the trip down and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Tix were only $12 because of our Progressive Ins discount mailed to us for being a policyholder.

Amazed by the number and styles of pontoons, ranging from a simple pontoon boat that would be great for the little ones to wander around in relative safety, to the totally upscale approximately 30 footers with bars and cook areas. Totally blows the "party barge" moniker away, more like a "swinging soiree".

Noticed that the Azure boats that previously were under the Sea Fox umbrella are now under the Cruiser's Logo. Loved the Cobalts, loved the Azures, and really enjoyed the show overall.

Noticed someone posting about the $25 Valet Parking charge. Here's our transportation: Drove from Alton to Dover and took the Downeaster to Boston's North Station - $40. Left dover at 900 and arrived in boston at 1030. Went to the Fours for lunch at 1100, and then took the T to the Expo. Total T cost was $8. Our total cost was $48, plus the rochester toll on the Spaulding and Gas. And we arrived in Boston with no white knuckles and a normal blood pressure.

Our $40 tickets on the Downeaster are the result of Seniors 62+ ride for half fare...use code V543 when purchasing tickets on line.

Caught the 500 train out of Boston and back to Dover around 630. Note on the 500 train. This train is often full and it is wise to be there at 430 if you want to get two seats together.
Ropetow (02-23-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #23
John A. Birdsall

Default drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
We enjoyed the trip down and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Tix were only $12 because of our Progressive Ins discount mailed to us for being a policyholder.

Amazed by the number and styles of pontoons, ranging from a simple pontoon boat that would be great for the little ones to wander around in relative safety, to the totally upscale approximately 30 footers with bars and cook areas. Totally blows the "party barge" moniker away, more like a "swinging soiree".

Noticed that the Azure boats that previously were under the Sea Fox umbrella are now under the Cruiser's Logo. Loved the Cobalts, loved the Azures, and really enjoyed the show overall.

Noticed someone posting about the $25 Valet Parking charge. Here's our transportation: Drove from Alton to Dover and took the Downeaster to Boston's North Station - $40. Left dover at 900 and arrived in boston at 1030. Went to the Fours for lunch at 1100, and then took the T to the Expo. Total T cost was $8. Our total cost was $48, plus the rochester toll on the Spaulding and Gas. And we arrived in Boston with no white knuckles and a normal blood pressure.

Our $40 tickets on the Downeaster are the result of Seniors 62+ ride for half fare...use code V543 when purchasing tickets on line.

Caught the 500 train out of Boston and back to Dover around 630. Note on the 500 train. This train is often full and it is wise to be there at 430 if you want to get two seats together.
If you drove you could have gone by RMHS and see what a factory looks like. Has changed tremendously over the last 40 years.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
MikeF-NH

I think you would have been cheaper and faster to just drive down to Wonderland station in Revere then take the blue line in. The cost would have been your gas and tolls plus the Charile pass and you get off the roads before you hit the stress of inner city roadways. I come down 93 and always park at Wellington station (right off the highway) and do the charlie pass for pretty much anywhere I go in the city. Stress free, fast and easy.

You could also have looked into the commuter rail in Amesbury but I prefer not to be a slave to commuter rail time schedules.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default we did the Wonderland thing

Went to the RV show and did the Wonderland thing...Also have done the Wellington thing...that is not bad. we enjoy the train, and the aggravation of driving in starts around the Mass border...Wellington can get pretty crowded with the working traffic.

We were also looking at the forecast for Tue which over the weekend had the rain snow mix in the late afternoon. Plus what we noticed on the train was and in the little wandering we did in town was how many parking spaces are lost right now to snow piles.

Just wanted to give a different way to travel. Thanks for your input, Mike.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #26
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Boston Express

You can take the Boston Express from Londonderry terminal to the South Station for $40. Then buy the T pass for $8. You will need to pay toll on 93 unless you take the scenic route. Free WiFi!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
codeman671

It is a very easy ride by car, no need to fret... Right down 95 to route 1, jump on 93 for a minute then take exit 20a. First left onto summer street. As far as Boston is concerned it is one of the easier places to go. Certainly easier than when it was at the bayside expo in years past. I have never had traffic issues either coming or leaving.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #28
fpartri497

Talking

Went to the boat show wed. 2/20/13 easy ride all the way from concord NH to boston. very little traffic. got there @ 1.00 p.m. left 5 hrs. later not too crowded.

had a great time

Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
Bear Island South

We were there last night arrived at 5pm left at 7:30, no issues with traffic or parking. I would highly recommend going mid week much more enjoyable.
Most impressive boats for us were the Ranger Tugs, also loved the Manitou Entertainer VToon.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
We were there last night arrived at 5pm left at 7:30, no issues with traffic or parking. I would highly recommend going mid week much more enjoyable.
Most impressive boats for us were the Ranger Tugs, also loved the Manitou Entertainer VToon.
I loved that 31 ft. ranger tug. now if i could only afford It

Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #31
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
you where there only two & a half hrs ? couldnt have seen much. I was there five & a half hrs. before the wife dragged me out the door

Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
Bear Island South

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpartri497 View Post
you where there only two & a half hrs ? couldnt have seen much. I was there five & a half hrs. before the wife dragged me out the door
2.5 hours was plenty of time to see what I wanted to see...I look for the unique to board. The Chris Crafts, Vanquish, Rangers, love the wood styles and the smell of quality leather...the big cruisers are all the same.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #33
secondcurve

Quote:

You must have a very reasonable wife...5 1/2 hours is a long time!
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #34
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
You must have a very reasonable wife...5 1/2 hours is a long time!
It sure did feel like forever at 5.5 Hrs. but there was so much to see that I didnt want to leave.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #35
Dave R

Quote:
I loved that 31 ft. ranger tug. now if i could only afford It

Those are pretty slick. David Livingston does some really clever stuff with his designs.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #36
Happy Gourmand

Default Boat Show

Didn't make it this year, would have been too dangerous. Would not have been able to get out boatless.
So, who went and bought a new boat?
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Didn't make it this year, would have been too dangerous. Would not have been able to get out boatless.
So, who went and bought a new boat?
We did. I met another member from the forum there that was buying a Premier as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #38
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default 100+ mph pontoon boat.

Ya think Winniquam Marine will carry one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiNJMwH46wg
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
Bear247

Finally made it in to the show on Sunday. Made sure to leave the check book and credit cards at home.
Bear247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #40
OleSmokey

Default Boat purchase

proud to say that we have a new Premiere on the way....
OleSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #41
Aguamenti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Vince View Post
We went on Saturday the 16th and missed getting into the regular lot by 3 cars. Overflow parking is about 1/2 mile away and the shuttles run constantly. Not bad at all. It also happened to be a few bucks cheaper to park there.
Aguamenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #42
chasedawg

Default New Bennington

Ok We finally made our decision. After two years of exploring most every Tritoon out there it came down to just a few until today. We put a Bennington on order with a 300 Verado and with every option that is offered. Jason at Channel Marine was awesome. We Sea Tested their Benni on 12/10/2010 in 25 knot winds and 4 foot of white water. The boat was fabulous. WOT hitting 47 mph in that kind of surf was as good as my 32' Scarrab. We were sold but we wanted to make sure we made the right decision. We tried five other makes.

All the Tritoons were great. Whatever choice you make it all comes down to a few items with each boat. With that thought it came down to the sales experience. Jason made the different for us
Old 03-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #43
Happy Gourmand

Congrats on your new boat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #44
chasedawg

Default New Bennington

Thank you TPG. Your comments about the Bennington also helped us make our decision.

It is amazing how efficient the Bennington production line is in producing new boats. From start to finish the boats are built with the highest standards in 5 days. I will be traveling out to the plant to watch the boat being built. The National Sales Manager has offered to take me on the plant tour as my boat is being built. What more can you ask for? I can put my initials on the hull and take pictures to see how it becomes a performance boat. Very Cool.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #45
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default Nice!!!

Congrats on your new toon chasedawg!! She sounds like a real beauty!! You couldn't ask for a more fun or safe boat for Winni!!

Hope you have many years of safe fun on her!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (03-03-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #46
Winnilifer

Thumbs up Great Boat - Good Luck

Quote:
Ok We finally made our decision. After two years of exploring most every Tritoon out there it came down to just a few until today. We put a Bennington on order with a 300 Verado and with every option that is offered. Jason at Channel Marine was awesome. We Sea Tested their Benni on 12/10/2010 in 25 knot winds and 4 foot of white water. The boat was fabulous. WOT hitting 47 mph in that kind of surf was as good as my 32' Scarrab. We were sold but we wanted to make sure we made the right decision. We tried five other makes.

All the Tritoons were great. Whatever choice you make it all comes down to a few items with each boat. With that thought it came down to the sales experience. Jason made the different for us
We bought our 2575 QCW from Jason (Great guy) last year at the show, we really liked the lines on their boats after review of many pontoons, Channel has done a great job servicing (Different lake) oil changes, upgrades, pick-up for winter storage as well as Sales follow-up. That Verado is a monster.You'll have many happy years on your Benni.
Winnilifer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnilifer For This Useful Post:
chasedawg (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #47
Happy Gourmand

Quote:

Yup...just signed up for a 2274GL today. Looking forward to ice out!!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #48
chasedawg

Default Great boat. Good luck

Congratulations Phantom Gourmand. Great choice. See you at ice out!