Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
CateP

Default Looking for Carpet Cleaners and Painters

Well its finally happening . I bought a house in Wolfeboro...AND as my title says, I'm looking for recommendations of professional carpet cleaners and interior painters. I am going to have window of time where the house will be empty and want to capitalize on that time to get things all fresh and new for my move in.

I'm willing to put time in myself too, so if anyone knows of a place near Wolfeboro where I can rent a commercial grade carpet cleaner that would be good too. The carpets in the house are not in bad shape at all, but just need a little freshening up in a couple of rooms.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Hi Cate!!

Welcome to NH. Check out our website www.greatnorthernclean.com We have cleaned many of the forum members carpets. I will be in Wolfeboro tomorrow giving an estimate at a restaurant on Main Street at 11am if it convenient, I could swing by and give you a free no obligation estimate. If you google carpet cleaning, Wolfeboro, NH our ad comes up at the very top, from that you can read reviews about our services. Congrats on the new home. Frank

Last edited by Great Northern Cleaning; 02-15-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Added info
Great Northern Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Great Northern Cleaning For This Useful Post:
CateP (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Alton Bay

I've used All Brite Cleaning and found them to be very good.

(603) 524-4889
Alton Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alton Bay For This Useful Post:
CateP (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
fpartri497

Default carpet clean

call Arthurs always Clean. he Is a perfectionist. he Is based In rochester nh. I dont have his # handy at the moment but he Is In the phone book

CateP (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
Well its finally happening . I bought a house in Wolfeboro...AND as my title says, I'm looking for recommendations of professional carpet cleaners and interior painters. I am going to have window of time where the house will be empty and want to capitalize on that time to get things all fresh and new for my move in.

I'm willing to put time in myself too, so if anyone knows of a place near Wolfeboro where I can rent a commercial grade carpet cleaner that would be good too. The carpets in the house are not in bad shape at all, but just need a little freshening up in a couple of rooms.

Congratulations on the new home. Your dreams have come true for getting a home here in NH. Best of luck in the ownership of your new home.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Northern Cleaning View Post
Welcome to NH. Check out our website www.greatnorthernclean.com We have cleaned many of the forum members carpets. I will be in Wolfeboro tomorrow giving an estimate at a restaurant on Main Street at 11am if it convenient, I could swing by and give you a free no obligation estimate. If you google carpet cleaning, Wolfeboro, NH our ad comes up at the very top, from that you can read reviews about our services. Congrats on the new home. Frank
Hi Kate, based on feedback from this site, we used Great Northern last Spring. Showed up when they said they would, courteous, thorough, and great results. I'd recommend them.

And congrats on the house!
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
CateP (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
GsChinadoll

Default Exciting news

Congratulations on the new home! Just in time for spring and summer!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default +1 For great Northern

I too can recommend Great Northern! They cleaned the carpets on my boat and did a great job!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
Irrigation Guy

Default Thumbs down Great Northern Cleaning

After reading good reviews and having recommended them to one of my clients I contacted GNC to do some carpets and some cleaning prior a party we were having. I spoke with Frank the owner, and we agreed on a price at which point I made an appointment to have it done. The night before I received a missed call from an unknown number with no message. The next morning(day of appointment)the curiosity got to me as it had a 455 number which is a local cell phone and I returned the call. It was GNC and I left a message. This call was returned and it was Frank asking to come earlier as it would fill a blank in their schedule. I told him that would be fine.

His carpet cleaning crew arrived and told me they were waiting on the cleaners and would begin the carpets. No problem here. We go upstairs and move a few things out of the way and the drag the hoses up in though the front door. One of the guys approaches me and starts to discuss price. He tells me what they charge for carpets and cleaning. The carpet price was very close but the cleaning price was a bit off from what Frank quoted. That's fine the worker will call Frank and we will figure it out. He walks outside while dialing.

As I wait inside the hoses start being dragged outside and the men load everything back into the truck. I look out the door and the guy that was on the phone comes back and says they are going to try and find the cleaners and will be back.
I have a funny feeling about this and wait about a half hour and call Franks call phone, of coarse he doesn't answer. I leave a message asking if they planned on returning as I needed to know due to the fact I had other preparations to make and the place still needed cleaning. He still didn't call back. I left a second message to no avail.

Not sure what happened but we basically agreed on the carpet price(within $5) and at least they could have cleaned those and agreed to disagree on the quoted cleaning price.

I have never come close to being treated this very unprofessional way by any organization and felt the need to share my experience with others on this forum.

Sorry for it being so long but offered additional details to clear up any obvious questions that might arise. I have always felt that you find out more about an organization when a problem arises and how it is handled than when everything goes smoothly.

I am thankful for this website as I feel that a business should not be able to treat a customer this way and "get away" with it.

Use GNC at your own risk.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Pricing..

I am not going to get into a debate here about how I run my business. All I will say, is that on occasion, due to a conflict of personalities, pricing, what the value of my services verses the costs to certain customers make it impossible to come to an agreement. This was a case where the customer felt my prices outweighed the value of the services to be rendered, and I chose to walk away, then to lose money. I will say that my prices for the services that we offer tend to be lower across the board than most of my competitors and that I offer the same prices for our services to everyone. Whether you own a multimillion dollar lake front house..or are just a common working man..as it was put to me..my prices are fair and honest. If you can not afford to have certain things done...it does not entitle you to try to get me to lower my prices to the point where I can not perform the work properly and get the desired end result. I do not like to walk off jobs ...but on occasion it's my only choice.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Northern Cleaning View Post
I am not going to get into a debate here about how I run my business. All I will say, is that on occasion, due to a conflict of personalities, pricing, what the value of my services verses the costs to certain customers make it impossible to come to an agreement. This was a case where the customer felt my prices outweighed the value of the services to be rendered, and I chose to walk away, then to lose money. I will say that my prices for the services that we offer tend to be lower across the board than most of my competitors and that I offer the same prices for our services to everyone. Whether you own a multimillion dollar lake front house..or are just a common working man..as it was put to me..my prices are fair and honest. If you can not afford to have certain things done...it does not entitle you to try to get me to lower my prices to the point where I can not perform the work properly and get the desired end result. I do not like to walk off jobs ...but on occasion it's my only choice.
You set the price and I accepted that price. You changed your mind about whether you were willing to work for that price and had your guys lie to me saying they would return. Then you were not courteous enough to return a phone call telling me what you are saying now. Only now are you responding due to the public nature of this forum. Truly bad business in my book.
Nevermind that this all could have been worked out by having your guy hand me the phone.
You have now shown everyone what may happen if you change your mind.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Irrigation Guy; 07-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Glendale Girl

I have had Frank clean my house do carpets and windows. His crew was the utmost professional. I highly recommend them! You will not be dissappionted. If you are I will pay your bill. Thats how confident I am with GNC
Glendale Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #13
Great Northern Cleaning

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
You set the price and I accepted that price. You changed your mind about whether you were willing to work for that price and had your guys lie to me saying they would return. Then you were not courteous enough to return a phone call telling me what you are saying now. Only now are you responding due to the public nature of this forum. Truly bad business in my book.
Nevermind that this all could have been worked out by having your guy hand me the phone.
You have now shown everyone what may happen if you change your mind.
Right from the very first phone call when I told you what the cost of the job would be and you said and I quote "geeez I am just a working man...not one of these big Moultonborough lake houses" as a way to get me to cut my prices down...that right there left a bad taste in my mouth. So I lowered my over the phone quote...reluctantly. I told you once we were on site we may have to adjust the price. My guys went to great lengths trying to explain what the price was going to be to perform the work that you wanted done and this was all before we started any work. You tried to haggle with them to the point that it made them so uncomfortable that they called me and said they just wanted to leave. So I told them to leave. Once we arrived at this point...I am under no obligation to answer your phone calls nor do I care to. We were on site...we told you a price before any work would have begun...that was not good enough for you. End of story. Now that you have me going let me explain to others about my pricing. I have some of the most competitive prices in the area. We offer good solid work for a fair price. And if you live in a big nice lake front house...I am not going to charge you more than the average Joe just because you have worked hard and have become successful. Our consistent growth and repeat customers tells me we are doing something right. We employ 29 cleaners in the Lakes Region who really enjoy what they do for a living.
The Following User Says Thank You to Great Northern Cleaning For This Useful Post:
WakeboardMom (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
WakeboardMom

Frank and his crew routinely clean my small rental cottage, and we cannot say enough good things about GNC's service. They do a great job in a professional and timely manner. There is never any issue on turnover day.

They have cleaned my home as well. The service is great and always for a completely fair and competitive price. Two thumbs up!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I used Stanley Steamer to do my house. They were in and out in just a few hours. (My house was also empty at the time so it made it pretty easy. 1300 sq ft BTW. The carpets came out great, and were dry enough to use almost right away. We had them use a enzyme on the basement carpets and the whole house smelled great afterwards. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for and if you want to use a local company or not.

I did my own cleaning and paint, so that was just my time.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
Irrigation Guy

I did not haggle but told your guy that was not the pricing we discussed. I don't blame the lad for being uncomfortable as he had no firsthand knowledge of what we discussed. When he said he was calling you I thought that made sense. Shame on me for wanting to talk to you and then believing they might return. End of story.

Last edited by Irrigation Guy; 07-16-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
Wolfeborough Diner

Default Painter

I don't know about carpet cleaners... But I can help you with a painter. Call Consider It Done Painting 603-498-9318. They do great work!
Wolfeborough Diner is offline   Reply With Quote