Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #1
xomycatsxo

Default Newbie.. need clarification :)

Hi everyone,

I figured I would post here w/ the few questions I have.

First question.. is there a classified section w/ this forum? I read a post from someone in the Support section regarding one but looked through the forum again and didn't see one?

I don't want to post anything I'm not supposed to - so can someone let me know if the following is allowed?

- Looking for recommendations on daycare and/or a babysitter? Would this be acceptable to post?

- Can I post something stating I am looking for left over yard sale items for a benefit yard sale being held for the NH Spay and Altering Services & Animal Allies (non-profit org's)?

Thanks everyone! My hubby found this site last night and I think it's great!

-Teshia
xomycatsxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
SIKSUKR

There are classifieds on the main Winnipesaukee.com page.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #3
xomycatsxo

Thanks!

By going there, do I leave the forum portion altogether (meaning have to sign out)?

Is that where I would post the things I wanted to or am I able to post in the 'general' section of the forum? I just don't want to post something I'm not supposed to, and if I can - make sure it's in the right place.

Thanks!

**Edit- Actually, one more question. Is there any way at all to change my e-mail address to a GMAIL acct? This is the acct I use 100% of the time. Last night when I registered I had to use my hubby's business acct as it was the only thing that would go through but I NEVER use that. We don't use the Metrocast e-mail (hated it) so not having notifications, etc. sent to my gmail is making it difficult to know when there are responses to my posts, etc. Just figured I would check. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
There are classifieds on the main Winnipesaukee.com page.

Last edited by xomycatsxo; 09-27-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Welcome.... On the home page for the website (winnipesaukee.com) is a menu on the left side of the page which lists the various parts of the website and links to other websites. the classified section is one of these links.

If you click on the FAQ section in the bar above this thread, it will give you the guidelines for posting both in the forum and in PhotoPost.

Again, welcome, and good luck with your yard sale.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
xomycatsxo

Thanks a bunch!

I did actually look at the FAQ before I posted and still was confused (hehe, not hard) so figured I would post the q's and hope to get clarification. I didn't really see anything that said I couldn't (I don't think) - but again, I thought I should make sure before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee
Welcome.... On the home page for the website (winnipesaukee.com) is a menu on the left side of the page which lists the various parts of the website and links to other websites. the classified section is one of these links.

If you click on the FAQ section in the bar above this thread, it will give you the guidelines for posting both in the forum and in PhotoPost.

Again, welcome, and good luck with your yard sale.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2005, 09:39 AM   #6
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Thanks to everyone who jumped in to help xomycatsxo. You make my job a lot easier.

A few comments for xomycatsxo:

1. I prefer to keep advertisements off the forum. The free Classifieds section is provided for that purpose. This includes lost and found, yard sales, etc.

2. The easiest way to get to other sections of the site is by using the "Quick Links" link on the Forum.

3. If you checked "Remember Me" when you logged in you will always be logged in when you visit the Forum on that computer. You should never log out unless you share the computer.

4. Your questions about daycare and/or a babysitter (in the Lakes Region) are fine on the Forum. The General Discussion area would be where it belongs. When in doubt post your question or comment in General Discussion and I'll move it if necessary.

5. Remember that the Forum is only one portion of this site. To see the other features go directly to www.winnipesaukee.com or click "Home Page" in the Forum's Quick Links.

6. Please read the rules and guidelines in the FAQ for more on the acceptable use of this forum.

Welcome to the site!

Don the Webmaster
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #7
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomycatsxo
Actually, one more question. Is there any way at all to change my e-mail address to a GMAIL acct?
Email me at webmaster@winnipesaukee.com with your request and I'll update your email address.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #8
xomycatsxo

Excellent, thank you very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
Thanks to everyone who jumped in to help xomycatsxo. You make my job a lot easier.

A few comments for xomycatsxo:

1. I prefer to keep advertisements off the forum. The free Classifieds section is provided for that purpose. This includes lost and found, yard sales, etc.

2. The easiest way to get to other sections of the site is by using the "Quick Links" link on the Forum.

3. If you checked "Remember Me" when you logged in you will always be logged in when you visit the Forum on that computer. You should never log out unless you share the computer.

4. Your questions about daycare and/or a babysitter (in the Lakes Region) are fine on the Forum. The General Discussion area would be where it belongs. When in doubt post your question or comment in General Discussion and I'll move it if necessary.

5. Remember that the Forum is only one portion of this site. To see the other features go directly to www.winnipesaukee.com or click "Home Page" in the Forum's Quick Links.

6. Please read the rules and guidelines in the FAQ for more on the acceptable use of this forum.

Welcome to the site!

Don the Webmaster
Spay or neuter your cat. One female and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in seven years, according to the U.S. Humane Society.