Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
lagoon

Default Dock Thoughts

We have a crib dock that while newish needs some TLC. It is very expensive to lift and repair the rock from movement. That is if you can even find someone to do it, and schedule it. I am wondering if it is a better idea to use something like an EZD Dock floating system.

We could tie it into our current crib dock and then take it out in the fall. Does that avoid N.H. State oversite as permits and such? Are we able to extend that "temporary dock" differently than the current crib system?

I appreciate any thoughts.
lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,497 Times in 974 Posts
Default des.nh.gov

For mst issues, DES has pretty god summary pages about various regulations. Unfortunately it appears the section on docks is temporarily down. They are aware and trying to fix. On Monday, you can call and ask for Darlene Forst. (Not Forest or Frost). My experience is that everybody at DES is helpful when you call. If you are doing repair work in the water, you probably need a maintenance/repair permit which is good for 5 years and renewable. When you apply, they have a timeline to respond, but they usually refer it to a local Conservation Commission. That can add 60 days to the application process depending on when the CC meets and when you can get on their schedule.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #3
sluggo

Lagoon , everything comes down to the water frontage you have and the status of your existing dock. Since I do not know anything about your water front I will try to keep it simple. Since everything is valued by frontage , your first 75 ft. allows a max seasonal dock to be 6 ft. wide and 40 ft. long if your on a lake that has over a thousand acers as is winni or 6 ft. wide and 30 ft. long for a perm dock depending on your location and that will allow you to slip two boats ,to add a dock for three boats 150 ft. of frontage ,and to add a dock for four boats 225 ft. of frontage etc. Now if you have a perm dock that's lets say 8 ft. wide and 35 ft. long and its considered a grandfathered structure you cant add to or extend the dock legally. If you would like to know what you can do on your waterfront its best to send me a private message with your location and I could answer any questions you may have .
sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggo For This Useful Post:
lagoon (01-02-2022)