Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Another Found Cat.....

Ok so I had this cat sitting on my deck this morning when I went to work at 0700. Came home. Still there. So Once again I posted flyers around Suissevale with a picture of the cat. Not a great pic but at least you can tell what it looks like.

Sitting on my couch. Fed it some Friskey's and some left over cat food from the last found one I had. So it is being cared for....Don;t want to put it out tonight with the animals running around here. I'll put it back out tomorrow morning though. Not my cat....

If you know who's cat it is call me at 603-556-0764.

Attached Images

Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Lakesrider

Been a couple of days and no phone calls from anyone that may have lost her.
Guess I am going to the store to get more Friskey's.

Anyone want a really nice female cat? Extremely friendly but very well behaved. Does not seem to want to claw at the couches at least. It does like to go outside but returns in like 5-10 minutes back to the door to be let in. Uses a litter box without any issues. (Well it is using a Painting tray right now. LOL.)I think it must have been owned by a woman because the cat has really taken to my wife and not me.

I am going to call the Moultonborough Police today and see if anyone called it in missing. Maybe the Ossippee shelter as well?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

I think someone in Moultonborough mentioned they lost a cat last fall on the form. Could this be the same cat???
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Lakesrider

I doubt this cat would have made it through the winter outside and still been this friendly and people dependent. The cat has pretty much made itself at home though. I guess we are going to keep her for now until I think everyone has seen the signs I put up around. I called Meadow Pond, the Police, the Lakes region shelter, craigslist ad, etc. Best I can do is hope the owner sees one of them. If not I plan to get her to a Vet and check shots and make sure she is Spayed etc. Guess I'll have to be a proper litter box and more food too now.
She look quite content sitting on my brand new couch pillows though eh?

Name:  IMG_2280.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  49.2 KB
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Ropetow (08-24-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
donnamatrix

Default I hate this type of thing

I live in Suissevale. About 3 years ago in the spring, the folks renting house near us moved. They took their kids and their dog. They left their cat. The poor cat was in our yard, in the yard of the now-abandoned house and on that deck. I called the owners of the house, and contacted the relatives of the family who had moved out. The family was not interested in rescuing this poor little cat. We have two cats already, and my husband has asthma-so no more cats for us! I borrowed a Hav-a-heart trap and it took me a week (during terrible rain/thunder storms) to capture this poor cat. A friend of mine who volunteered at Humane Society in Meredith took cat to HS, where she was looked at by vet, etc., brought up on shots, and eventually adopted into a nice family. They named her Easter-because that is about the time we rescued her. People abandon cats, horses, and other animals and figure they are hunters or grazers and will survive outside. It's a crime. You are doing a great thing her, and I hope the cat's family comes to get her. PS: You might want to put up a photo/sign at Meadow Pond, the pet store in Center Harbor, Hannaford, etc.... there are people who are unfamiliar with the Forum and may be looking for their cat. I hope so.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donnamatrix For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (08-23-2011), SteveA (09-04-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #6
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
I doubt this cat would have made it through the winter outside and still been this friendly and people dependent. The cat has pretty much made itself at home though. I guess we are going to keep her for now until I think everyone has seen the signs I put up around. I called Meadow Pond, the Police, the Lakes region shelter, craigslist ad, etc. Best I can do is hope the owner sees one of them. If not I plan to get her to a Vet and check shots and make sure she is Spayed etc. Guess I'll have to be a proper litter box and more food too now.
She look quite content sitting on my brand new couch pillows though eh?

Attachment 5269
I think she is beautiful and she is very lucky that she found you. I would take her, but I have a cat turning 15 years old and she is very happy being the sole queen of our house.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Default Got a phone call from the owner.

Driving into work this morning I received a phone call from the owner.
Said he saw the poster on the phone pole. Seems the cat ran away during the thunderstorms we had a while back. Told him we had the cat it was inside and being well cared for. He was very relieved. He wanted to pick it up right away but I told him I was on my way to work and got home around 4pm. So he will have to wait one more day.

Of course last night my wife and I went out and bought a bag of kitty litter, canned cat food, dry cat food, a little mousey toy etc.....Sigh. Oh well maybe save it for the next Found Cat!

Hopefully the owner will be reunited with the cat around 4pm today when I get home from work. I just hope it does not come running back to my house now that it knows it has a second home....
Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
KayakinKid

Default Pssttt....Lakesrider

I hate to tell you this, but you've been adopted. You just don't realize it yet.

You are the Chosen One. All Hail Lakesrider!! LOL (I've been adopted as well, several times. )

Very pretty kitty, with an interesting color pattern.
KayakinKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #9
kauriel

Great job spreading the word to find the owner! That was very kind of you to care for the kitty and also continuing to try to reunite it with its owner

If you have any more cats turn up you may also want to contact your local vet office and give them a picture. Some vets have posting areas for lost pets and some also take pictures of their "patients." If you are lucky and the cat is unique the vet may easily recognize it.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
Lakesrider

Well, as I thought the cat came back. It killed a Chipmunk and left it for us at the front door on the deck. Nice. So I picked it up and threw it into the woods for the foxes to find. I called the owners just to let them know that the cat was back and not to worry I was not feeding it or letting in the house. No call all day. So guess what? My wife lets in and it slept in the basement last night.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (09-04-2011), Pepper (09-05-2011), SteveA (09-04-2011)