Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
Woodsy

Default New Burger Joint in the Weirs

Great new Burger Joint in the Weirs... Surfside... same owners as Flurries in Meredith. They are next to Crazy Gringo. Ate there twice... both times the burgers were Great! Decent selection of craft beer too.

Woodsy
Old 07-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
AC2717

good to know, thank you
will check it out, the weirs is slowly turning for the better, if the rest could just move a long a little quicker lol
Old 07-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Lakemamma

That's excellent news... Glad to see they have expanded love Flurries.
Lakemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #4
Patofnaud

Thanks! Was looking for more sit down places to eat at Weirs accessible by boat.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:54 AM   #5
jacka82942

Cool not so great burgers

went sunday. burgers only have american cheeses. no cheddar,swiss ,blue.
got subs instead. not a great menu.
won't be rushing to go back
jacka82942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
Doobs41378

We have been a few times ( To Meredith ) their burgers used to be very large but the last ones we got were not big at all. I hope that isn't the new norm as they certainly didn't lower the price.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #7
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Went to Flurries once--burger with bacon was something like $11, nothing else included. I feel cheated when I order a burger that doesn't come with fries or rings. Haven't been back.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #8
exlakesregioner

Tried Flurries once while in the area based on comments here, big disappointment, won't go again!!
exlakesregioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
jerseyonbear

Default surfside

What happened to JB Scoops?
jerseyonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #10
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default JB Scoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyonbear View Post
What happened to JB Scoops?
On Route 3 is now Griddle in the Middle (make your own pancakes) in the mornings and Lobster in the Rough at night.

All along with Flurries and Surfside owned by the JB Scoops people
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
Dubstyle247

Wow, quite a bit of misinformation in his thread.

For starters, Flurries Surfside in Meredith and Surfside in the Weirs Are both owned by me, not JB Scoops. The family who ran JB Scoops now runs Griddle in the Middle.

A Bacon Cheeseburger is actually $7. Cheapest one around that I've seen and definitely the best quality. All of our food is prices accordingly. We do not "price gouge" or whatever else people think we do. Our quality and portion size is pretty great in my opinion as I have compared to what the competition offers.

We offer American, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Fresh Mozzarella and Bleu Cheese Crumbles as options on all of our burgers and sandwiches.

We have also increased the size of our burgers almost a full ounce compared to when we first started out and haven't raised the prices at all.

We have made every possible improvement to our menu that we could. The original "Flurries" I purchased was a far cry from what we are doing now. It's a completely different operation that we are all very proud of actually.

I truly do hope all of you come give us a try, we'd love to impress you!
The feedback at The Weirs has been tremendous so far! Thanks to everyone who has come out to try us out, we really appreciate it.

If you have had a bad experience in the past, I truly apologize. Come see me about it. Ask for me, ask for a manager...we will make it right.
Dubstyle247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:23 PM   #12
noreast

I'm always surprised by how many people will spew out answers or give advice when they really don't know the answers, There are facts, they are attainable, People are looking for answers, It doesn't do anyone any good to give the wrong one. I'm glad the owner answered. I'll definitely give them a try.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #13
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstyle247 View Post

For starters, Flurries Surfside in Meredith and Surfside in the Weirs Are both owned by me, not JB Scoops. The family who ran JB Scoops now runs Griddle in the Middle.

A Bacon Cheeseburger is actually $7. Cheapest one around that I've seen and definitely the best quality. All of our food is prices accordingly. We do not "price gouge" or whatever else people think we do. Our quality and portion size is pretty great in my opinion as I have compared to what the competition offers.

We offer American, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Fresh Mozzarella and Bleu Cheese Crumbles as options on all of our burgers and sandwiches.

We have also increased the size of our burgers almost a full ounce compared to when we first started out and haven't raised the prices at all.

We have made every possible improvement to our menu that we could. The original "Flurries" I purchased was a far cry from what we are doing now. It's a completely different operation that we are all very proud of actually.

The feedback at The Weirs has been tremendous so far! Thanks to everyone who has come out to try us out, we really appreciate it.

If you have had a bad experience in the past, I truly apologize. Come see me about it. Ask for me, ask for a manager...we will make it right.
Thank you for clarifying ownership. I love Flurries and will definitely try Surfside.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #14
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I just asked my wife for clarification, and it was The Biker I'd ordered, which is $10 and is pulled pork, not bacon. She reminded me that it was the total bill with our kids--no kids menu--that had soured our visit and that the serving size didn't justify the cost.

That being said, I appreciate the response and will give it another shot since it has been a couple years.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:02 AM   #15
jacka82942

Cool wrong on cheese

when er asked for cheddar on our burgers, they said they only had american. so, if you are right, then fire the order taker
jacka82942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #16
Winnigirl83

Can anyone tell me if they have draft beer at the Weirs location?
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #17
Reilly

Default Beer

Craft beers
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #18
Woodsy

Winnigirl....

I have been in several times and so far all of the craft beer has been bottles or cans. I don't think they have a draft beer setup.

Woodsy
Old 08-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #19
Dblblkdiam

Default Awesome Spot

Hit up this place last night with a few people and burgers were excellent. All prepared correctly to order. Fries are excellent as well.

Decent beer selection and I especially like the hours. Open until 9 on a Sunday.
Dblblkdiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #20
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstyle247 View Post

We were up for a one week visit last week and we had lunch at the place in Meredith. It was very good and a reasonable value. We both had burgers. Cooked perfectly and very tasty.

Keep up the great work.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #21
StardogChampion

We just added "take the boat and go get a burger and a beer at the new place on the Weirs" to our summer to-do list. It's nice to have more choices at the Weirs!
StardogChampion is offline   Reply With Quote