Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
Dad sold the C * C

Default How do you file for a NFZ ;)

NO FIREWORKS ZONE. So 1:30 Sunday morning we hear a VERY loud PHOOOPFT then BANG! Ok, we're at the lake, I get it, I try to explain it to the dogs. Well they are already looking for the paperwork for the NFZ, one was looking in the closet and the other thought it was under the bed; all he found was an unhappy cat. Then another phoooopht and bang.

WOW, that was real close, I know it's not an immediate neighbor, I better look. I go out on the deck which is about 30 feet from and above the water and there was a boat less than 100 feet off my dock. I could hear a speaker phone and the boat occupants laughing. They put it in gear and pulled out a bit, then set off another mortar shell. From the boat!!

The explosion was a very pretty blue and white. I was wondering if it was a distress signal But I heard much laughter and then the phone rang. And I hear bits of Don't they know if you are going to sneak up in your outboard and start a barrage of mortar fire on unsuspecting camps....... PUT YOUR PHONE ON MUTE.

Well they slowly moved away after a while. But, they apparently woke up a group at a rental house a bit up lake and they started to return fire So I went back to bed about 2:00 but I was joined by two 60 lb Poodles.
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dad sold the C * C For This Useful Post:
ApS (08-12-2015), trfour (08-10-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
Puck

OK so this may be an inappropriate suggestion but I wonder how they would feel if one were to play the small red dot from a laser pointer around on various things in their boat... One prank deserves another, no?
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Sounds like just the right recipe for a Darwin Award. Blasting fireworks off a boat... what could possibly go wrong?
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Sounds like just the right recipe for a Darwin Award. Blasting fireworks off a boat... what could possibly go wrong?
Wellllllll it sounded like a good idea at 1AM!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #5
Sal

This thread raises an interesting issue: who has jurisdiction?

Moultonborough ordinance says (I think) no noise after 10pm, weekdays and no noise after midnight, on weekends and Monday Holidays.

So, it's 1am Monday night (Tuesday morning) and the yahoos are firing rockets at, or above your lake-front house from a boat about 50 yards offshore.

You want to stay within the law. Who do you call? Moultonborough Police? (Do they have a boat? ) State Police? Marine Patrol? Navy Seals? Tony Soprano?

Practically, I think a very bright light and a good video cam being used from an observable area , might have a discouraging effect.
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #6
ApS

Cool 'Times are A-Changing...

The same topic had come up in a two-year-old Soundings magazine. Copied from the text was this comment, regarding Rhode Island ocean waters:

Homeowners need to get away too.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
Tired of Waiting

Default On the Ossipee's

We have had that as well.

However the worst was one year after the Town fireworks we were heading from the main lake back to Berry Bay. In the NW zone from the main lake some fools were shooting roman candle balls of fire from one side of the channel to the other across the bows of the boats.

I stopped and held up the thousand boat (seemed like that many) procession and lit the fools up with my light till the stopped.

We see fools everywhere.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #8
Mr. V

Foolishness is symbiotically related to alcohol consumption.

Bumper sticker: "Instant A-hole: just add alcohol."
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #9
Tired of Waiting

Default Here's what Freedom did

Pass this ordinance, enacted in 2010:

TOWN OF FREEDOM, NH
FIREWORKS ORDINANCE
Pursuant to RSA 160-B:10 and RSA 160-C:6, the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Freedom, New Hampshire, hereby ordains as follows for the purpose of providing a tool for law enforcement and fire officials to deal with complaints, and to allow people to enjoy their property without diminishing the rights or safety of all others.

Non commercial displays of fireworks within the town of Freedom is prohibited. Commercial displays shall be required a permit through the Fire and Police Chief.
Non commercial fireworks will be permitted for a period of nine (9) days including four (4) days prior to July 4th and four (4) days after; New Years Eve up to 2am, New Years Day and 24 hours following the final out when the Red Sox win the world series; provided they are used in a safe manner, in a non-densely populated area (as determined by the enforcing officer). No fireworks will be permitted after 10pm.

No minors may use fireworks without direct adult supervision.

I guess they don't like the NE Pats though cause you can't use fireworks if they win the super bowl. And New Years is a bit confusing cause it says you can use fireworks until 2am but the last line says "No fireworks will be permitted after 10pm."

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tired of Waiting For This Useful Post:
dave603 (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #10
Grandpa Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting View Post
Pass this ordinance, enacted in 2010:

TOWN OF FREEDOM, NH
FIREWORKS ORDINANCE
Pursuant to RSA 160-B:10 and RSA 160-C:6, the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Freedom, New Hampshire, hereby ordains as follows for the purpose of providing a tool for law enforcement and fire officials to deal with complaints, and to allow people to enjoy their property without diminishing the rights or safety of all others.

Non commercial displays of fireworks within the town of Freedom is prohibited. Commercial displays shall be required a permit through the Fire and Police Chief.
Non commercial fireworks will be permitted for a period of nine (9) days including four (4) days prior to July 4th and four (4) days after; New Years Eve up to 2am, New Years Day and 24 hours following the final out when the Red Sox win the world series; provided they are used in a safe manner, in a non-densely populated area (as determined by the enforcing officer). No fireworks will be permitted after 10pm.

No minors may use fireworks without direct adult supervision.

I guess they don't like the NE Pats though cause you can't use fireworks if they win the super bowl. And New Years is a bit confusing cause it says you can use fireworks until 2am but the last line says "No fireworks will be permitted after 10pm."

ToW
Sounds to me like the town of Freedom really aught to be changing their name
gman (08-13-2015), thinkxingu (08-13-2015)
Old 08-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #11
garysanfran

Default And some want overnight anchoring???

The problems would be worse. I think alcohol is a bigger problem at 1:00 am than at 1:00 pm.

But, they could have been "one inch" off your shore.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote