Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
Shreddy

Default Hope and a Prayer for a Part!

Boat: 1992 Four Winns 220 Horizon

Well, two weeks ago I was out in my boat with friends when the Rod Lockout on my boat broke in my hand. This is the buttom to engage from neutral to gear or reverse. I've got a confirmation that it's an OMC part and the part number is Part #0126133. Unfortunately, the part is no longer made. I've found an aluminum replica on ebay for $99, but the regular red plastic piece is $6. Also, entire control arm setups are running for $325 on ebay so I don't want to go that route. Anybody got any leads on where I can find this red plastic rod lockout for my Four Winns? FYI, I've already checked Melvin Village. If I can't confirm something within a day or two I'll just overnight the aluminum replica from ebay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Rich

Have you tried M&M Salvage in Meredith?

http://mmsalvage.com/

I have never had luck with them, and thought that their prices to be too high, but you may have better luck.

Take a ride and poke through their 'warehouse'.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post

Well, two weeks ago I was out in my boat with friends when the Rod Lockout on my boat broke in my hand. This is the buttom to engage from neutral to gear or reverse. I've got a confirmation that it's an OMC part and the part number is Part #0126133. Unfortunately, the part is no longer made. I've found an aluminum replica on ebay for $99, but the regular red plastic piece is $6. Also, entire control arm setups are running for $325 on ebay so I don't want to go that route. Anybody got any leads on where I can find this red plastic rod lockout for my Four Winns? FYI, I've already checked Melvin Village. If I can't confirm something within a day or two I'll just overnight the aluminum replica from ebay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I would definitely check with Jeff at Fays Boatyard. They have tons of these old parts kicking around!

Good Luck!

Dan
Old 08-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
Shreddy

Default Massachusetts as well!

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I'll make sure to check. In the interim, keep any other leads coming in including Massachusetts leads as well! I work in Boston and live on the North Shore
Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Rich

Have you tried Google?

I did a quick search and came up with this:
http://www.massmarineparts.com/
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post

Try Riverfront Marine in Amesbury MA. You can easily pick up the part if they have it. Try Winnisquam Marine too. Also try Thurston's. They were a warranty approved shop for OMC in those years.

Riverfront sold and repaired a lot of Four Winns boats in the late 80's and early 90's. Try Four Winns in Cadillac Michigan. They have a lot of parts in stock though they may insist that you have to purchase them through a dealer.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote