Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
PaugusBayGal

Unhappy Polaris Jet ski

We have a 1997 SLT780 Polaris that is now sitting in our yard with a blown engine. After having problems with the machine we took it to Hk Powersports in Laconia and they said they checked the first compression-mag and it had zero psi. They said the engine needs rebuild which is not cost effective.
Now we have a Polaris and trailer in our yard and we are not sure what we should do. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Could any one tell me how to winterize a jet ski on my own. I would like to keep the block from cracking as I am not sure of the damage to the engine and just maybe we can have it fixed or sell it and some one can get it going again.

Thank you,
PaugusBayGal

Last edited by PaugusBayGal; 10-11-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Need help
PaugusBayGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Craigslist

You might find some mechanically inclined person that will take on the project.

M&M Salvage in Meredith may take the machine off your hands. I would sell the trailer separately.
PaugusBayGal (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
GTO

Default 2nd M&M Salvage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
You might find some mechanically inclined person that will take on the project.

M&M Salvage in Meredith may take the machine off your hands. I would sell the trailer separately.
Years ago I had a similar situation but with a boat. I sold M7M the boat and sold the trailer by the side of the road for alot more than the salvage yard was going to give me for it. Good time of year to do it as everyone is taking their machines from the water.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
PaugusBayGal

Smile Thanks

I will try both ideas

Thanks
PaugusBayGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
John A. Birdsall

Default bum jet ski

People are tubing on the lake a lot, So remove the motor, jet and plug up the whole and use it as tow toy. I would think that would be fun.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
dog paw

Take a look at SBT they might have a reman that would keep the old fella on the water a while longer. I am not a reman fan but there prices are good.

http://www.shopsbt.com/mm5/merchant....desc&refresh=1
dog paw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
Belmont Resident

Default Rebuild?

There is a shop down next to the Winnisquam bridge that rebuilds all kinds of power sports equipment. I'm not sure of the name but I know that Winnisquam guy has had work done maybe he can chime in.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
fatlazyless

Getting rid of an unwanted jet ski or trailer by placing it for sale on www.craigslist.org NH boats costs you nothing for the ad, and some good photos go a long way to help sell it. Craigslist sure seems like it has become the best classified ad venue for New Hampshire, plus the whole state is included in one Craigslist venue.

Craigslist......totally dominating the New Hampshire world of classified ads.......one free ad at a time?

http://nh.craigslist.org/boat/3356605566.html
is an Oct 31 ad for a 1996 Polaris SL 780 jetski for $100, no trailer included, in Seacoast, NH, with a photo of a black engine piston that is warped and cracked in one area of the piston.......just $100 ......will probably sell very fast......doncha think.....

As you probably know, www.winnipesaukee.com also has an incredibly effective freebie classified ad section.

...what....who me...did I get rid of something like seven different canoes, kayaks, rowboat & sailboat via Craigslist and winni.com, this past summer? Was worried that my yard could end up on the tv show Hoarder's, or something like that!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-01-2012 at 11:31 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote