Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Misty Blue

Default My First Boat!

Let's try a new FUN thread...My FIRST BOAT!

I'll start.

'Got out of the Navy in 78. When I got home I found my Uncle Bill (step dad) had sold our sloop. He said that he sold it because I wasn't around to sail it with him. I reminded him that I had been away. Remember, the war???

So I took out a loan for six months pay and bought a Cape Cod Goldeneye sloop from the Cape Cod shipbuilding company in Wareham, MA. And she was a beauty!

We named her the Wild Wind. Unc and I would head to the Lake mid-week all summer long for three days of sailing fun. One of our favorite runs was out of Braun Bay, past Camp Lawrence, Round and Welch islands and back up the broads. Then finish the day with good food and s.

All good things must come to an end and the Wild Wind was no exception. Some years later I was married, new house, kids and kicking my job into high gear. The Wild Wing got sold. But we have pictures on the wall and fond memories in our dreams. Thanks Wild Wind.

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Misty Blue For This Useful Post:
Tallyho (04-05-2010)