Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
AltonGuy

Default Small Excavating/Landscaping Job in Alton?

I own a property in Alton Bay and I am looking to get some excavating/landscaping work done as soon as possible. The excavating pertains to moving several large boulders from one place to another. The extent of the Landscaping involves grading, mulching, etc. Not a huge job but I am having a hard time getting someone to do both jobs together? Guess not many landscapers have the capacity to move large boulders? By large I am referring to ones that are several feet in diameter. If any one is up for the job I would be happy to hear from you! Had good luck posting things in the Forum before so hoping this will be no exception! - Thank you.
AltonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Try:
PDK Cottages, LLC
178 Main street Alton
603-875-2725
Paul Sullivan
Free Estimates

or

Russ Sample
Rand Hill Road.
(He's in the book)

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonGuy
I own a property in Alton Bay and I am looking to get some excavating/landscaping work done as soon as possible. The excavating pertains to moving several large boulders from one place to another. The extent of the Landscaping involves grading, mulching, etc. Not a huge job but I am having a hard time getting someone to do both jobs together? Guess not many landscapers have the capacity to move large boulders? By large I am referring to ones that are several feet in diameter. If any one is up for the job I would be happy to hear from you! Had good luck posting things in the Forum before so hoping this will be no exception! - Thank you.
Have you tried R3J Landscaping here in Alton? (Russ Simple 875-2711) I have not used him, but know several people that have and I haven't heard any complaints.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
DREAMS

Default Equipment Costs Add to the expense

I am not sure of your expectiations in price but based on your description you will require some major expense in equipment pieces heavy enough to complete the task but small enough to maneuver in any tight areas in handle hills or steep grades you have to work with. Unfortunately, most customers don't realize the value and expense of the transportation, equipment time and operator costs for what sometimes appears as a "small project".

Good luck with your project!
DREAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
idigtractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMS
I am not sure of your expectiations in price but based on your description you will require some major expense in equipment pieces heavy enough to complete the task but small enough to maneuver in any tight areas in handle hills or steep grades you have to work with. Unfortunately, most customers don't realize the value and expense of the transportation, equipment time and operator costs for what sometimes appears as a "small project".
Good luck with your project!
Underlined words are well spoken and most of us forget.
idigtractors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
AltonGuy

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! This work is being done due to a property line dispute. Apparently this issue is pretty common up in the Alton Mt. area? My house at one point had been the only one on the road but recently (within 8 months) two others sprung up either side of it. Both had their plot surveys done and it was determined that all the property lines are off 6-8 feet. As a result, my neighbor owns half my driveway and I in turn own half of my other neighbor’s driveway! Quite a mess really since one neighbor wants his 300 square feet of land back with no questions asked!
AltonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote