Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
Cow Man

Thumbs up Smart Young Business People

Last summer I discovered "Winni Waste." They go dock to dock to your island property and take out the trash and deliver the Sunday paper! Its owners are high school and college kids.
I also saw in the classified where a 13 year old kid is selling "Winni" stickers to raise money for a wind surfer. I think I ran into him hawking his stickers outside Heaths market last summer also.
Hats off to these young people. It's good to know the American dream is alive and well!
Cow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
Island Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Man
Last summer I discovered "Winni Waste." They go dock to dock to your island property and take out the trash and deliver the Sunday paper! Its owners are high school and college kids.
Wow, just the type of job my son is hoping to have on the lake one summer.

How do I get in touch with Winni Waste? Maybe they'll expand their offerings to more than just the Sunday paper and trash removal. Would love an occasional ice cream delivery. Or milk once in a while. I hear stories of how Merrill Fay delivered groceries to the islands as a kid and wish someone would do it now.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Little Bear

Question

What do they do with the trash they collect - does anyone know? Trash disposal is hard enough for an individual so how do they get rid of a bunch of it picked up from island residents?
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life
Wow, just the type of job my son is hoping to have on the lake one summer.

How do I get in touch with Winni Waste? Maybe they'll expand their offerings to more than just the Sunday paper and trash removal. Would love an occasional ice cream delivery. Or milk once in a while. I hear stories of how Merrill Fay delivered groceries to the islands as a kid and wish someone would do it now.
The S.S. Creamer puts around with ice cream, usually around the sand bars. Great black rasberry. We have seen them at West Alton a number of times. A few times they had to get towed away too. I wonder if they paid the tow boat in ice cream?
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Little Bear

Found a website with a lot of good information.

http://www.winniwaste.com/Home_Page.html
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
Rattler

Default Great Idea...

but, after inquiring at their site, it should be noted that the service (trash removal, newspaper delivery) is only provided for the Tuftonboro islands.

Now if we could get some equally industrious young entrepreneurs to consider servicing some of the other islands...
Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote