Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
eillac@dow

Default SeeDoo PWC needs engine

Good Morning....

Looking for for advice / direction....

We have a 2001 Seedoo..3 seater that needs an engine. The body of the machine is in good shape and we also have the trailer.

We are looking to find some one that works on these. Looking for their opinion on what a used or new engine would cost, along with the labor to install. Also looking for an estimate of what the machine, without an engine along with the trailer would be worth, if we were to sell it as is.

Not looking to have this done right away...it could be done over the winter. We are just not sure which direction we should go in.

Thanks all...
Eillac
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
Good Morning....

Looking for for advice / direction....

We have a 2001 Seedoo..3 seater that needs an engine. The body of the machine is in good shape and we also have the trailer.

We are looking to find some one that works on these. Looking for their opinion on what a used or new engine would cost, along with the labor to install. Also looking for an estimate of what the machine, without an engine along with the trailer would be worth, if we were to sell it as is.

Not looking to have this done right away...it could be done over the winter. We are just not sure which direction we should go in.

Thanks all...
Eillac
Without knowing what model Sea Doo you have, I can only take some guesses. First of all, I am not sure you would want a used engines. Some of the Sea Doo engines are rather finicky, so IMO at the very least you would want to get a remanufactured engine, if not a new one.
With that said, go to this site to get an idea on remanufactured engine prices. I wouldn't buy from them, as they don't have a very good reputation. http://www.shopsbt.com/

As far as value as is, the trailer is prob worth around $400-500 assuming it is in decent shape. The hull might be worth $1000-1500 depending on the model.
I think there was a member here not to long ago in the same situation as you. I am not sure what he ended up doing with his PWC, but I think he sold it as is.
eillac@dow (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
eillac@dow

Chip...

Thanks for the advice. Sorry I don't have the specifics on it at this time....(We own it with my sister & BIL and have asked her for the specifics on model).

If we move forward on getting an engine, we probably will not go used...as you are not the first to caution on used engines.

We obviousy still have some "homework" to do before reaching a decision on how to move forward.

Thanks for the website and the caution of buying from them.

If anyone has names of mechanics who would be interested in talking with us on this, I would appreciate it. We are in Mass....the machine is in Moultonboro. One of us is typically us there every weekend.

Thanks...
Eillac
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I think there was a member here not to long ago in the same situation as you. I am not sure what he ended up doing with his PWC, but I think he sold it as is.
I think that was Pineedles.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Shreddy

Eillac,

I have a 2001 Seadoo GTX. I blew my engine two years ago due to detonation (bad gas). One cylinder took a pretty good beating. I gave the seadoo to a buddy who is a certified tech in all brands and rebuilt everything. The cylinders were sent out to be replated, etc. Soup to nuts, it was very affordable and the turnaround was rather quick. He has a shop in Danvers, MA and Freedom, NH. Currently, after two years on the rebuild, my seadoo is still running immaculate. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Pineedles

Yes, I sold my SeaDoo GTS to one of the forum members here. It needed a new crankshaft and main drive shaft. It had a remanufactured water pump/engine in it, which was practically new. If he is unable to replace the shafts he may be interested in selling you the engine.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Pineedles

Here is the web address where I got my remanufactured GTS engine.

SBTontheWeb.com
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote