Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
wildwind

Default Dock

I need a new dock. Can anyone give me opinion on who the most reasonable and reliable. In Moultonboro area??

Last edited by wildwind; 05-07-2017 at 10:03 AM.
wildwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
MeredithMan

You may want to do a Forum Thread Search....this topic has come up many times and folks have posted numerous opinions on dock contractors, DIY, etc.

Personally, I recommend Watermark. They took excellent care of me when we had to replace our dock a few years back. One-stop shopping for permitting, demo of old/building of new, installation, etc.

Note that this is the busiest time of year for the dock contractors, so depending on what you need done, it could take several months until you have a new dock, (I started my process in March and my new dock wasn't in until July)
MeredithMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
DickR

As MM said, Watermark is one good outfit for a dock. The other two most often cited on this forum are Center Harbor Dock & Pier (Center Harbor, Rte 25) and Raise-A-Dock (Rte 16). All three can give you a very good seasonal, crank-up dock. Cost and availability will vary. This is a very busy time of year for them. I happened to use CHD&P a few years back. I started the process in March, and they were able to get the frame built and hung on the shore-side "header bar" within a week. I love the dock, and the price was good. Starting now will be quite different, schedule-wise. If this is a replacement for an existing dock, permitting may not be required.

If you are handy, you can build your own frame+decking dock for short money. Putting it in after ice-out and hauling it out in the fall can get old real fast if it isn't a crank-up, but this depends a lot on your frontage. A lightweight aluminum frame dock and a pair of waders may be all you need, all available online. What is your situation?
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
meredith weekender

Answer to your questions really depends on what type of dock you are looking for: Permanent pile driven dock, seasonal aluminum frame or crank-up. The answer to that will help point you in the right direction.

We replace a permanent dock last year and used Diversified Marine out of Gilford and were very happy with the process and very pleased with the finished product.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #5
September

Default Dock

We used Dumont Docks for an aluminum dock which literally takes about 15 minutes to install each year. PM me for personal info if you'd like. There was a wind problem in year 2 and the installer came over and re-did the problem area gratis.
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #6
coolyourjets

Another two-thumbs up for Watermark. Installed my dock several years ago and provide great service each spring and fall. The guys are always on time, always very friendly and do a great job.
coolyourjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #7
MikeF-NH

maybe of you get away from the lake a bit you might get a faster response. I have no experience with their dock craftsmanship but use Granite State Dock and Marine in Derry...you might do well with them.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
Bear Island South

I used Raise-A-Dock a few years ago, great experience with them.

http://raiseadock.com/
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwind View Post
I need a new dock. Can anyone give me opinion on who the most reasonable and reliable. In Moultonboro area??
You really need to provide more information for proper help... All previous companies listed are great.... But what type of Dock are you really in the market for....

For Articulating docks, the previous mentioned companies are really the Cream of the crop... Watermark, CenterHarbor Pier...They would also be highly recommended for a permanent structure....

However if you are in the market for a section dock, there are many additional outfits that you could go with, that all offer their own unique features....

Last budget is another factor, and transportation is another factor. The Dr. Doctors in VT. do great work, and I really like there Sectional docks... And they may indeed be the suppliers of my next dock. But then Again, I have the ability to go and retrieve the dock sections myself..............

Last there is the option to build a section dock yourself... I have done it with success and even learned how to bring the weight per section down, for getting it in and out of the water... This is likely the most inexpensive method, especially if you have the dock hardware already from your old dock.....
Old 05-08-2017, 07:55 PM   #10
Marauder

Default Docks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwind View Post
We used Diversified Docks in Gilford. Dave is terrific. We had a 30 ft aluminum dock installed and they drop it in the spring and crank it up in Fall.
Love it!
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #11
Blyblvrd

Here's a picture of Center Harbor Dock & Pier installing our new dock in April. They were fantastic to work with and navigated the many regulations and permits with the state. Don and John are great and honest guys to work with.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #12
Blyblvrd

Sorry. Here's the photo.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Blyblvrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:01 AM   #13
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

These guys are doing my new dock and so far they've been great. He says they have clients on Winnipesaukee and are looking to open an Alton location soon. They're currently 3 weeks out to get your dock in.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #14
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

I'm about read for a new dock myself....anyone have a ballpark figure on the cost of a 30' wooden dock vs aluminum?
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote