Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
IrishEyes

Default Rotary Fishing Derby POSTPONED

Laconia Daily Sun just posted on Facebook that the Meredith Rotary fishing derby will be postponed until February 27 & 28th due to the unsafe ice conditions.

IrishEyes
IrishEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
HomeWood

It might be time to start moving it back to the third weekend in February from now on. I'm heading up this Wednesday because it would be way to chaotic to change plans now. I bought a ticket, so I'll hope for the raffles. I haven't weighed in a fish in over 20 years. As if this would have been the year, right?! Us bunch of guys will keep our fishing weekend as planned and you know one of us will catch a Tuna on the morning of the 13th!
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post:
Lakegeezer (01-30-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,923 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
So I bought a ticket for this weekend and made plans to fish, now the Derby is the 26 and 27 and I will be out of town that weekend. I am sure others are in the same boat , what to do now ?
Be happy that you donated to a worthy cause. I'm sure many will be in the same boat (literally ).

Dan
Old 02-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Be happy that you donated to a worthy cause. I'm sure many will be in the same boat (literally ).

Dan
Which leads me to a question from a non ice fisherman. Fish can't be caught by boat right? How can they tell anyway or is it just not getting caught fishing from a boat. What about from shore. How do the rules work here?
Old 02-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Fish and Game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Which leads me to a question from a non ice fisherman. Fish can't be caught by boat right? How can they tell anyway or is it just not getting caught fishing from a boat. What about from shore. How do the rules work here?
I would image that Fish and Game will be concentrated in the lakes region, and if someone thinks it is worth losing their license for fishing the big lake from shore or boat, so be it. Not worth it to me.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default I am assuming you checked with the Derby folks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
So I bought a ticket for this weekend and made plans to fish, now the Derby is the 26 and 27 and I will be out of town that weekend. I am sure others are in the same boat , what to do now ?

But in case you haven't, here is info from their brochure regarding the tickets. All ticket sales are final. Here is the paragraph.

1. All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be made. In the event
of a postponement, tickets will be valid for the postponement
date selected by Derby Officials.

Sorry.
pondguy (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #7
HomeWood

It's $35 for a good cause and we're in for the raffles. I joined my local sled club and may not get to ride at all. Not losing sleep over a little money that supports good causes.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (02-01-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 11:30 PM   #8
topwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I would image that Fish and Game will be concentrated in the lakes region, and if someone thinks it is worth losing their license for fishing the big lake from shore or boat, so be it. Not worth it to me.
Trust when I say SOMEONE from the shore is ALWAYS looking. People who own shoreline property are ( not all ) but a lot of them are looking for thing to do all winter. When they see you out in a boat before April 1st, they will call Fish&Game. And Fish & Game WILL come out and check you out. ran into this situation about 10 years ago on March 24th.
We originally lost our licences for 60 days with a $85 ticket. We appealed the ticket ( What a Fiasco ) But won our case and ended up only losing the our Fishing licences for only 3 weeks while we appealed. TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #9
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default They are ALWAYS Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
Trust when I say SOMEONE from the shore is ALWAYS looking. People who own shoreline property are ( not all ) but a lot of them are looking for thing to do all winter. When they see you out in a boat before April 1st, they will call Fish&Game. And Fish & Game WILL come out and check you out. ran into this situation about 10 years ago on March 24th.
We originally lost our licences for 60 days with a $85 ticket. We appealed the ticket ( What a Fiasco ) But won our case and ended up only losing the our Fishing licences for only 3 weeks while we appealed. TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
Two years ago we were on the ice and two members of our group left for about 20 minutes to go to the house for a bathroom break, Fish and Game came over on a sled and issues like you two 85.00 tickets and a six month suspension for not pulling up the lines on their 4 tip up's. I asked, did you see from just driving by? He also told me they counted the number of men on the ice and the holes from the helicopter. Lesson learned!!!!!
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote