Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #101
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only thing missing is the docks.....
And chicken fingers
GTO (05-21-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #102
Hospitality Guy

Default Great Reuben!

I was able to stop in for my first "to go order" from Lakeside yesterday. I was able to enjoy a beer or two while I waited now that they have their beer and wine license. Loved the Reuben and the Cassidy sandwiches. Chef Jeff and Mrs Chef Jeff are doing it right!
Hospitality Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #103
Hermit Cover

Default Tastes great...

Went last week for an Italian Sub...almost need a forklift to carry it to the car..I think there were 5 or 6 different meats. Made the car smell good on the way home and it tasted great...easily made two meals. A bargain priced sub for what you get...
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #104
belly_button_biter

This is the only place in NH to eat Ribs!!!
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belly_button_biter For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (06-02-2012), Overlake97 (07-07-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #105
Kasey

Smile Excellent

Chef Brown's Lakeside Deli and Grille is going to be a great success here in Meredith. He has done a wonderful job of transforming a run down property to an attractive and welcoming restaurant. The location is perfectly located in the heart of Meredith with unimpaired views of Lake Winnipesaukee.

So far we have treated ourselves to several of Chef Brown's offerings and have not been disappointed. We look forward to taste testing what else he has in store and enjoying lunch or dinner with a glass of wine and/or beer. Seating indoors or outdoors is optional.

This restaurant is an excellent addition to Meredith. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time there.
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kasey For This Useful Post:
Bear Island South (06-02-2012), chefbrown (06-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #106
sum-r breeze

Default Wow that was AWESOME!

We finally got over to the Lakeside Deli and Grill yesterday for lunch. Mrs Breeze and I both had the same sandwiches (The Black Cat Chicken) and they were both awesome! Mine was on the traditional bulkie roll and Mrs Breeze had hers on a wheat wrap. We were both surprised that Chef Jeff put her wrap in the panini press like my bulkie roll. What an excellent idea! The swiss cheese was all melty and delicious and both sanwiches were piping hot. We had an excellent dining experience and highly recommend them as a must try restaurant in Meredith. We sat outside on the front porch with a great view of the lake and a nice cool "summer breeze" while we had lunch.

Great job!
The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back

Last edited by sum-r breeze; 07-05-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: title was transposed
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sum-r breeze For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (07-06-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #107
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Default Amazing Lobster Rolls!

After reading about the transformation of the former Lakeshore Deli, we finally got a chance to drop in last week. We enjoyed lobster rolls, fries and Blue Moon beer complete with a slice of orange while sitting on the porch overlooking the activity in Meredith cove. The food and atmosphere were so good that we stopped back two days later and ordered the lobster rolls and Blue Moon beers again! The toasted rolls were filled with a nice portion of lobster and were delicious. We took home a container of their homemade potato salad and it was really very good. It was a relaxing atmosphere in comparison to the other lakeside restaurant in Meredith. We’ll be back for more. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Chef Brown!
CTYankee (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #108
modio

Where is this?
modio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #109
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by modio View Post
Where is this?
Across the street from the movie theatre in Meredith.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
modio (09-15-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #110
jkjoshuatree

Question Sideswiped My Car

Great food and great service. Well I was there today eating lunch someone side swiped my car. Someone from the deli asked me if the black car was mine and I said no because I just bought it and my old one was gray. I totally spaced.

Ill go back tomorrow and let them know it WAS my car they were asking about. Any chance any Winni people were there today and witnessed it?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #111
Happy Gourmand

Default Lunch today

Fabulous filet steak tip sandwich....real pieces of steak, not like the typical steak sandwich that ends up more like ground beef. Wife had a salad that was huge and delicious, she couldn't eat it all. What a treat this place is....great addition to the lake restaurant scene.
JK, wasn't me, and I didn't see a thing. But I did hear a rumor that the ForumFest would be held there the first week of September or so. You heard it here first!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (07-24-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #112
chefbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
Great food and great service. Well I was there today eating lunch someone side swiped my car. Someone from the deli asked me if the black car was mine and I said no because I just bought it and my old one was gray. I totally spaced.

Ill go back tomorrow and let them know it WAS my car they were asking about. Any chance any Winni people were there today and witnessed it?
Hi Jay,

Its Annie Chef Jeff's wife, I have the person's contact info that hit you, stop by or call me at the Deli tomm. Thanks & I am glad you enjoyed your lunch...
chefbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefbrown For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #113
jkjoshuatree

Talking Thanks chefbrown!!

I totally spaced. You asked if I had a black car and I looked at you and said no. Oops. I'm so used to having a gray car.

Anyway…sorry for my punctuation earlier (was on my phone). I didn't give The Lakeside Deli and Grille proper…er…props.

My sandwich was very fresh and huge. Any time you have a sandwich where you need a fork after it's gone to eat the remnants, you know you have one big sandwich.

I'll stop by tomorrow to get her info. Thanks so much for the call.

In the meantime, here's a pic (hope this works) to whet your appetites.

P.S. Chicken salad with spinach and avocado
Attached Images

CGI3 (08-17-2012), Redwing (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #114
colt17

Default Thumbs Up

My wife and I were in this past friday to grab some sandwiches to bring back to our camp. We both had the Cassidy, a bag of chips and pasta salad. It was excellent and we both couldnt finish it. We will be back for more!!
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #115
Kasey

Default Dinner menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Chef Brown's Lakeside Deli and Grille is going to be a great success here in Meredith. He has done a wonderful job of transforming a run down property to an attractive and welcoming restaurant. The location is perfectly located in the heart of Meredith with unimpaired views of Lake Winnipesaukee.

So far we have treated ourselves to several of Chef Brown's offerings and have not been disappointed. We look forward to taste testing what else he has in store and enjoying lunch or dinner with a glass of wine and/or beer. Seating indoors or outdoors is optional.

This restaurant is an excellent addition to Meredith. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time there.

I still like the Lakeside Deli and Grille very much but I would love to see some dinner specials rather than the same menu items offered at lunch. The quality of the food is excellent but a little variety would be good.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #116
ThePlut

Default Great place

I ate here twice during my recent stay up on the lake. The first was an impromtu walk by as I was waiting for the rain to pass to take my boat from it's slip to the rental house. And it was so great, I made a point to bring the rest of my family back near the end of vacation.

Given it's walking distance from my slip, I plan to eat here often through the end of the season, and hopefully try everything once!

Given a few lousy experiences with local establishments up on the lake this year, The Lakeside was a shining example of great food done right!

ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePlut For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (08-17-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #117
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Drove by late last night around 7:45pm and the outside eating area was packed. I like seeing places full of people. We have had it rough for the past couple years and it is nice to see people enjoying the outdoors again. Wish we would have stopped, but we were planning to eat at the Bob House. That didn't work as it was closed when we got there. 8PM on a Sat and they were closed?
Next time it is the Lakeside.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (08-19-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #118
WakeboardMom

We love your place, Chef Brown! I put the pedal to the metal tonight on Route 104 and pulled into your parking lot at 7:54. At 7:55 my husband was about to walk up the ramp when a very polite teenage girl told him that the restaurant was closed.

As I walked up behind him, and asked, "What's up?" he said, "This young lady says they're closed." I replied, "It's only 7:55...?" She then said, "We'll, do you know what you want?" We looked at each other thinking that we'd like to go inside and look at the board. My husband answered, "Something to eat?" she then asked "Something from the grill?" we just looked at each other and shrugged.

"I'm so sorry, we're closed. I am very sorry, but we're closed."

Maybe because of the party tomorrow...? But I'm surprised...you guys are generally more accommodating than that; and truly it was 7:55. We thought we'd be all set.

It wasn't a ton of money, but Pat's got our $30 this time.

We will definitely try harder next time.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #119
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Drove by late last night around 7:45pm and the outside eating area was packed. I like seeing places full of people. We have had it rough for the past couple years and it is nice to see people enjoying the outdoors again. Wish we would have stopped, but we were planning to eat at the Bob House. That didn't work as it was closed when we got there. 8PM on a Sat and they were closed?
Next time it is the Lakeside.....
Lol...better be there on time...or you'll be chatting with Kevin at the Bob House....
Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #120
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
We love your place, Chef Brown! I put the pedal to the metal tonight on Route 104 and pulled into your parking lot at 7:54. At 7:55 my husband was about to walk up the ramp when a very polite teenage girl told him that the restaurant was closed.

As I walked up behind him, and asked, "What's up?" he said, "This young lady says they're closed." I replied, "It's only 7:55...?" She then said, "We'll, do you know what you want?" We looked at each other thinking that we'd like to go inside and look at the board. My husband answered, "Something to eat?" she then asked "Something from the grill?" we just looked at each other and shrugged.

"I'm so sorry, we're closed. I am very sorry, but we're closed."

Maybe because of the party tomorrow...? But I'm surprised...you guys are generally more accommodating than that; and truly it was 7:55. We thought we'd be all set.

It wasn't a ton of money, but Pat's got our $30 this time.

We will definitely try harder next time.
Wakeboardmom:

If a restaurant says it closes at 8:00 that is typically when the last customer leaves. If they served you at 7:55 you probably wouldn't have been out of there until 8:30. I can understand their position.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #121
GsChinadoll

At our restaurant, we close the doors when it's time to close, if someone walks in one minute before closing they get served. We are grateful for every customer. Closing time is closing time, not when customers are done eating time. If our clock differs from yours , which I hope not, then let us know, it happens.
CGI3 (09-15-2012), chipj29 (06-19-2013), upthesaukee (09-15-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #122
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Wakeboardmom:

If a restaurant says it closes at 8:00 that is typically when the last customer leaves. If they served you at 7:55 you probably wouldn't have been out of there until 8:30. I can understand their position.
Not the right attitude at all. As the mother of four kids who have spent many summers as servers here in the lakes region, that's completely untrue. See GS's post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsChinadoll View Post
At our restaurant, we close the doors when it's time to close, if someone walks in one minute before closing they get served. We are grateful for every customer. Closing time is closing time, not when customers are done eating time. If our clock differs from yours , which I hope not, then let us know, it happens.
That's a winner's perspective.
GsChinadoll (06-19-2013)
Old 09-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #123
chefbrown

Hi aLL,

This is Mrs. Chef Brown, I sincerly apologize. I was out of town all week visiting my Mom, this would have never happened if I was here! I will speak with the woman who spoke to you right away.
WakeboardMom (09-16-2012)
Old 09-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #124
Greene's Basin Girl

Thanks for allowing us to hold our Forum Fest at your establishment. The food was very tasty.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #125
Just Sold

Thumbs up Great Location and Food

We were at the Forum Fest today and the food was wonderful. We will be back. Loved the Chicken Terryaki sticks and the seafood cakes. The location is tops with us with a great view of Meredith harbor.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #126
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default great service and location

The Ms. and I was able to make it to the Forum Fest late. Nevertheless the staff made sure there was hot food available. The staff even gave was bowls of steaming hot chili!

I ate here a few times in the past, I was not impressed. The new owners convinced me to come back. I would reccomend this place to everyone. One of the few new establishment on the lake that was worth kudos.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #127
Orion

Default superb

We had lunch there today and found our new casual dining favorite. The apple-bacon butternut soup was delicious and went well with our grilled turkey gobbler sandwich and beer. Great lunch on the porch overlooking the bay on a gorgeous day. WE WILL BE BACK.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (09-20-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #128
WinterHarborGirl

We have stopped there twice now on the way up to the lake...Both times were superb!!! Love the sandwiches...My husband and I have gotten the same thing each time...Him Pastrami and me the Black Cat. Both excellent. Oh and the fries too. Best fries around.
WinterHarborGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinterHarborGirl For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (09-20-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #129
Kasey

Default It's What's For Dinner

I'm so happy that the Lakeside Deli & Grille has a new dinner menu which boasts dishes such as potato encrusted salmon, lemon chicken, steak, mashed potato and vegetables. They offer a new "winter salad" and several appetizers that are excellent. If you're in the mood for a glass of wine and an appetizer, do try the spring rolls (but please leave enough for me).

If quality food, creatively prepared and attractively presented, are what you're looking for together with spectacular views of the lake, visit Chef Brown and his wife Annie for dinner.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kasey For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #130
Lakesrider

I didn't read through the whole thread but is the Lakeside going to close or have winter hours this year? Just wondering.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #131
chefbrown

Default Lakeside Deli & Grille Hours

The Deli is going to remain open all year 7 days a week.
Sunday-Tuesday 11AM-4PM
Wednesday-Saturday 11AM-8PM
We just started a new dinner menu with full table service 5PM Wednesday-Saturday. The full sandwich menu is available also.
Attahed is the new dinner menu.
Beginnings
Lakeside Calamari- Tossed with garlic & cherry peppers

Chicken Satay- Ginger Soy marinated Chicken Skewers with House Made Thai Peanut Sauce

Lakeside Seafood Cakes- Shrimp, Scallop & Crab, panko breaded pan fried with slaw and Lime Cilantro Aioli

Spring Rolls,- Grilled Chicken, Julienne Vegetables wrapped in a Fried Wonton, served with Thai Peanut Sauce & Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce

Winter Salad- Mixed Artisan Greens with Shaved Fennel, Orange Segments, Caramelized Walnuts and Balsamic Glaze

Lakeside Caesar- Romaine Hearts, Garlic Croutons, Shaved Parmesan and House Made Caesar Vinaigrette

Spinach Salad- Baby Spinach and Arugula, Chevre, Julieanne red Onions, Carmalized Walnuts and a warm Bacon Vinaigrette

Entrees
Potato Encrusted Salmon-Pan Seared Salmon topped with shredded crispy Yukon Gold Potatoes with Whole Grain Mustard Buerre Blanc

Vegetable Strudel- Marinated Assorted Vegetables and Vermont Goat Cheese wrapped in Phyllo and topped with Balsamic Glaze, and Arugula Salad

Housemade Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf topped with Tomato Glaze served with Chef Jeff’s Mac-n-Cheese
Lemon Chicken topped with tomatoes, scallions & tossed in Lemon Butter Sauce & served with Creamy Parmesan Rissotto

Lakeside Bistro Filet topped with Crispy Onion Strings, Housemade Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Vegetables and topped with Demi Glace

Pan Seared Scallops, served with Parmesan Rissoto and topped Pan Butter Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread but is the Lakeside going to close or have winter hours this year? Just wondering.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefbrown For This Useful Post:
Bear247 (10-09-2012), Just Sold (10-09-2012), Lakesrider (10-14-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #132
Lakesrider

Thanks I printed that schedule out and stuck it on my fridge....
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (10-10-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #133
Bear Island South

Default Superb Dinner

We stopped by for dinner last Sunday and tried the Bistro Filet and Meatloaf w/ Mac+Cheese and also the Butternut Bisque. Mouth watering to say the least, the filet was cooked to perfection and so tender you could cut with a fork, the meatloaf a perfect comfort food for the fall season and the bisque was WOW, so much flavor.
Can't say enough about the hospitality, Annie is the perfect host and Jeff a top notch chef.
Keep up the good work.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #134
Rusty

Article in this weeks edition of "The Meredith News" about a guided restaurant tour which Lakeside Deli & Grille will particapate in:
Attached Images

Last edited by Rusty; 10-12-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #135
Silver Duck

Default Gotta agree

about the Meatloaf and butternut bisque, and the table service is a great addition! I've been going there since early Spring, and never been disappointed. Methinks I've found a new favorite restaraunt!
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Duck For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (10-20-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #136
SIKSUKR

That trick or eat looks like a great idea.Wish I could go.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #137
Denny Crane

Default It's not just another sandwich!

I stopped in for lunch with my boys on the way out of town last week and we all agreed our Mount Washington and italian andwiches were one of the best sandwiches we ever had! We were able to soak up the lake scenery from the front porch and enjoy a sampling of the butternut soup which we will add to our list of must haves when we go back. I can't wait to start off a future weekend visit with a seasonal brew or two, maybe try the dinner menu out, or drop a fishing line right across the street!
So many options!
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #138
Greene's Basin Girl

Your screen name brought back memories of Boston Legal. I miss Denny Crane!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Heading4thelake (10-22-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #139
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Default Dinner

We closed up the camp this weekend and stopped in for a last dinner out at Lakeside Deli and Grille. I had the scallops and parmesean risotto and my wife chose the winter salad and broccoli cheddar soup in a bread boulle. Just delicious, cooked and seasoned perfectly. Mrs. Chef Brown brought out samples of the famous butternut squash soup..mmm....very nice. I couldn't resist a slice of chocolate cream pie that was also quite good. A perfect end to another great season at the lake. Dinner service is temporarily suspended until after Thanksgiving according to Mrs. Chef Brown due to family obligations. See you next year!
chefbrown (03-13-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #140
chefbrown

Default Approaching 1 year Anniversary!!

The Deli opened April 10th 2012!! Thanks to everyone's support we made it through the winter. Just! For the first 2 weeks in April we will have anniversary specials throughout the week. More details to follow closer to April. Just our way of saying thank you for the support during our first year in business.
Mr. and Mrs Chefbrown
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefbrown For This Useful Post:
Bear247 (03-13-2013), cominghome (03-14-2013), LuvWinni (03-13-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #141
Bear247

Thank you for the great food over the past year.
Bear247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #142
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Nice place with super nice owners!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #143
WakeboardMom

Great food...really, really enjoyed last week's homemade meatloaf and mac n cheese!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #144
Happy Gourmand

The Lakeside Deli is a great addition to the lakes region. Fast and friendly...and great food to boot! It was hard for my to get something other than the best steak sub I ever had, but got a really great salad on our first visit last weekend.
Continued success to the Lakeside Deli and Mr and Mrs Chefbrown
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (03-15-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #145
chefbrown

Default Lakeside Deli & Grille, 1 year anniversary

Hi Forum Friends,

Well we made it through our 1st year! To say Thank You to our loyal customers & friends we are offering buy 1 get 1 1/2 half off today through Friday! Hope to see some of you....
LongBay (04-10-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #146
Diver Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbrown View Post
Hi Forum Friends,

Well we made it through our 1st year! To say Thank You to our loyal customers & friends we are offering buy 1 get 1 1/2 half off today through Friday! Hope to see some of you....
Great..Sounds like a plan..Congratulations on your first year. We'll be in tomorrow for lunch.
Diver Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #147
Resident 2B

Quote:
Hi Forum Friends,

Congratulations! You are doing a great job. Keep it up!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #148
Bear247

Quote:
Hi Forum Friends,

Congratulations on year one. Thank you for the great food...
Bear247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #149
NHKathy

Default FINALLY got to the Lakeside Deli & Grille!

What a lovely lakeside lunch we had today! We sat outside, by the lake and enjoyed an awesome lunch. What a filling sandwich they make! -loaded with meat! I had the Turkey Gobblah, soooo yummy! My hubby thoroughly enjoyed the Ryan's Reuben! Great place, can't wait to return and try other menu items!!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NHKathy For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (09-01-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #150
LongBay

Default Everything is is yummy and the portions are big...

Having eaten just about everything on the blackboard, I have to say their eggplant parmesan sandwich is one of my favorites. My wife recently had one of the best lobster rolls ever. I know what I'll be ordering next.
LongBay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LongBay For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (09-01-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #151
MaidenCove07

Default 1st visit, not the last

Made my first venture to Lakeside (yeah, sorry it took a whole year), and it won't be my last.
Everyone was bright eyed and bushy tailed for Monday after Bike Week.
Most of my favorite haunts were closed for some long overdue sleep and repairs so I had to venture outside my comfort zone.
I wasn't disappointed, though my order had a couple hiccups (extra mayo and cold veggies were absent), but they were not deal breakers.
We ordered their steak and cheese and a Super Beef. The roast beef was the juiciest and tenderest I've ever had on a sandwich I didn't roast myself.
The steak bomb was delicious.
I'm anxious to try some of the other items raved about here~!

Last edited by MaidenCove07; 06-23-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Misspelled title
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #152
lake4life

I've been here twice so far this year. Both times have been excellent. The Reuben is as good as I've ever had elsewhere. I wish ChefBrown the best and encourage others to try this unassuming deli by the bay.
lake4life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lake4life For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (09-01-2013), MaidenCove07 (06-23-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #153
RI Swamp Yankee

My wife and I ate there last year during our vacation visit to The Lake and loved it. We went back last week and were not disappointed. My wife had the tuna salad on a sub roll and she said it was the best tuna she has ever had. I had pastrami on a spinach wrap and it was excellent. Pastrami was not fatty or over salty like some places I have tried and had just a hint of that nice peppery tast from the pastrami edges The shaded tables on the lawn with a view of the bay added to an enjoyable meal.

Note to FLL: Yes you can go accross the street and get a cheaper sandwich (and less expensive) BUT you will not get one made up exactly as you want, brought to your table by a chearfull young lady, with seating with a great view.
chefbrown (09-01-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #154
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Meatball sub

Visit the Deli last Thursday night and had an excellent meatball sub. The portion was huge, I had to take half of it home.

The Ms. had the excellent brocilli soup and ceaser salad.

This is the third visit and we are never disappointed.
chefbrown (09-01-2013)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #155
bigdog

Default Lakeside Deli and Grille

Stopped at the Lakeside Deli and Grille for the first time Sunday afternoon, after shopping with my wife, and was pleasantly surprised !

Used a $5.99 coupon I clipped-out from local paper, which bought you a pretty good roast beef sandwich on a lightly grilled bun, choice of chips & soda. How can you beat that !

We wanted to try the pizza, so ordered a combo-veggie-meat pizza, which was the best we've tasted in the area. The crust I was told, is hand-made and stretched, not those typical frozen shells, most pizza shops use. Anyway, it was the best pizza crust I've had, short of the North End in Boston.

Will definitely, be back to the Lakeside D&G soon !

Bigdog
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #156
chefbrown

Default wrong restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Stopped at the Lakeside Deli and Grille for the first time Sunday afternoon, after shopping with my wife, and was pleasantly surprised !

Used a $5.99 coupon I clipped-out from local paper, which bought you a pretty good roast beef sandwich on a lightly grilled bun, choice of chips & soda. How can you beat that !

We wanted to try the pizza, so ordered a combo-veggie-meat pizza, which was the best we've tasted in the area. The crust I was told, is hand-made and stretched, not those typical frozen shells, most pizza shops use. Anyway, it was the best pizza crust I've had, short of the North End in Boston.

Will definitely, be back to the Lakeside D&G soon !

Bigdog
Just an FYI. This should be posted under Lakeside Famous Roast Beef and Seafood located in Laconia. Thanks
Overlake97 (01-25-2014)
Old 02-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #157
belly_button_biter

We stopped here for lunch and everything was fabulous. Definitely the best sandwiches in Merideth
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belly_button_biter For This Useful Post:
chefbrown (02-28-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #158
RI Swamp Yankee

We had lunch there again last week and it is still great. I can say the tuna in the tuna salad did NOT come from a can.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #159
Newbiesaukee

I have never seen tuna salad where the tuna was not from a can. Of course, it could be done but it would seem an unusual preparation. Please clarify for interest, not criticism. Perhaps it is salad with slices of tuna.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #160
RI Swamp Yankee

Yes, I should clarify that.

We both had the "build your own" sandwich. Hers was tuna salad on a bulkie roll, not to be confused with tuna slices in a salad. It had a little mayo, a bit of finly chopped onion and celery and while it looked a bit like the chopped tuna from a can it tasted like fresh cooked tuna. We have both had the canned stuff at home but this tasted much better. Perhaps Chef Brown would be willing to share some of the secret as to the source.
Newbiesaukee (08-13-2014)
Old 08-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #161
Ross_t

Default Good sandwiches

Nice views eating out on the porch. My wife and I like this place. Reasonable prices and good sandwiches.
Ross_t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross_t For This Useful Post:
gillygirl (08-26-2014)