Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Mirror Lake's BB

Question Marathon Water Heater- comments?

Our 30 gallon propane fueled hot water heater is on its last legs. We got a quote from a local plumber for a replacement and the total was $2,000 due to meeting new plumbing codes. (It is currently on the second floor) So, I called the NH Elec. Coop and was told a new Marathon electric unit was $339. We have the necessary power ( 30A, 240V) and thought this would avoid costly code compliance issues with propane. Also, it has a lifetime warrenty. Does anyone have any experience with the Marathon units or have any comments before we go down this path? Thanks
Mirror Lake's BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
upnorth

Default Rinnai Water Heater

We just installed a propane-fired Rinnai tankless hot water heater and it seems to work quite nicely. Very compact design, but big on loads of hot water and energy efficiency.
upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
We just installed a propane-fired Rinnai tankless hot water heater and it seems to work quite nicely. Very compact design, but big on loads of hot water and energy efficiency.
when I had to replace my heater because I wanted to regain the space I went with the Rinnai and couldn;t be happier, we've had 8 people in a row shower with no issues, it was pricey but not heating a tank of water while your not there saved a ton.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
idigtractors

Post Electric hot water heater

The Marathon heater is a great heater and the price is good if it includes the extra work for the installation of the new wiring as there are codes that go with that. I dropped electric hot water due to the cost of the electricity here. The monthly bill isn't the easiest to take.
idigtractors is offline   Reply With Quote