Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
jrc

Default Opposers Thread

I'll open this for symmetry.

I think we need to make a convincing argument for letting the law lapse. We need to build this arguement from a position of logical strength. No one will be convinced by a bunch of bullying yahoos.

I'm a little concerned that elchase believes that the board is nearly unanimous and that this because we are all performance boaters. I also concerned that he thinks he is not welcome because he doesn't agree with the majority. You can't have a discussion without to points of view.

We will never convince people to see things from a different light and view things with an open mind if we are perceived as only performance boaters out to protect our turf.

I am not a performance boater, I'm willing to "prove it" if needed. One or two people on the forum make me nervous, so we need to find a "safe" way to do this.

I object to the speed limit mostly on libertarian grounds. Bad laws restrict our freedoms and must be resisted. Bad laws distract our LEO's from dealing with the real problem (dangerous boaters). Bad laws distract the public from seeing the real problem (dangerous boaters) and dealing with it. Bad laws are written when the public and government is too lazy to figure out the real issue and write a good law. Bad laws are driven by a few to punish others.

That's why I think the speed limit is bad law and should expire. We have to work on the real issue. It is too easy to let people conflate fast boaters with dangerous boaters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
robmac (08-05-2009), SteveA (08-05-2009)