Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Arrow swim safe noodle belt-2021!

Well ......... today is June 7, 2021, the unofficial start of this N.H. summer season according to the daily warm temperature and I'm back with another thread on swim safety with a foam noodle belt.

The water is still chilly, about 65-degrees, too cold for swim safety way out over one's head.

I just came back from a 30-minute swim in the cool 65-degree water and I was truly surprised how good a home made swimmer's belt, made with a noodle cut down to 32" length and a line threaded down the center hole will work to make it easy to go swimming.

Market Basket now has some very good quality 2" x 56" foam noodles for only 1.99 ...... I think ..... but maybe it was 2.99 ...... anyway ..... the 2" diameter noodle trimmed to a length good for your body will make a very happening swim safety belt.

These home made noodle belts work truly fantastic and are dirt cheap to make. It has two parts; a 2" foam noodle cut to 32" length, give or take, and a 5/16 x 60" lightweight polyester line in a matching color that gets threaded down through the noodle center hole to make it a swim safety belt.

Most foam noodles only come in a bright red, blue, yellow, or green but some day I will find one in a flat dark gray that blends good with the swim suit so's people cannot see you are using a flotation noodle as you swim effortlessly, way out there, in the deep water with the big waves.

Let's face it ....... most of us are CRAPPY swimmers ..... and either never go swimming any more, never go out too deep, and have basically given up forever on going swimming.

Well for something less than five bucks, you can learn to swim like you never swam before with your home made foam noodle belt.

What is a foam noodle belt ...... it is somewhat similar to a pfd ..... in a belt .....worn tightly around you waist ...... using a 5/16 line tied off with a simple overhand knot ...... it is that simple.

If you are an older person, a middle aged person, or a young person, this belt will keep you afloat and be centrally balanced at the same time, which is what you need for swimming.

It works great for the breast stroke, side stroke, overhand crawl, back stroke, or just treading water vertically, or resting horizontally. It makes it fun to get out into the water and provides flotation security so you can swim slowly and conserve your energy and strength.

Will a foam noodle belt cure the tinnitus problem? hmmmmm ...... that's an interesting question? ...... ho-hum ...... maybe it will? .....

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-09-2021 at 09:12 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
rander7823 (06-08-2021)