Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Tank151

Default 2014 New England Boat Show

Fellow Boaters,

The 2014 New England Boat Show at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center is scheduled for February 22nd through March 2nd.

www.newenglandboatshow.com
Tank
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
BlackcatBoater

I'm in! Just went to a disappointing Providence show- same old thing from the same dealers. Looking to see something different. Hope the Boston show has something in store!
BlackcatBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
fpartri497

got my tickets for March 1st. online last week

Old 02-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Showem

I'll be going to the Boston show. Is it cheaper buying tixs online?
Showem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
Rich

One thing that few seem to know about hte cost of the tickets: the boat show tickets $15.00 include the price of a magazine subscription.

It takes a few minutes, but you can ask for 'opting out' of this and get a $7.00 per ticket rebate.

At least they now mention it on their website
Quote:
Your ticket purchase includes a one-year subscription to Boating (10 issues), Outdoor Life (12 issues), Cruising World (12 issues), Islands (8 issues), or Flying, all valued at $7.00. A postcard with refund information will follow. there are no hidden obligations and you will not receive any bills. Your name, mailing address and email address will be forwarded to the publisher for the purpose of fulfilling your magazine subscription. Please allow 6-8 weeks for your first issue to arrive.
I've done this in the past and I did receive my rebate several weeks later.

On a hunch (and being a member), I entered BOATUS to the PROMO CODE field and got a $2.25 discount per ticket. Does anyone know of a better promo code?
If you are shopping for a new boat from a local dealer, call and ask your sales contact for free boat show tickets. Often they will put you on their list of VIPs and you can get into the show as their 'guest'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:
dave603 (02-05-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Got two tickets for the price of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
One thing that few seem to know about hte cost of the tickets: the boat show tickets $15.00 include the price of a magazine subscription.

It takes a few minutes, but you can ask for 'opting out' of this and get a $7.00 per ticket rebate.

On a hunch (and being a member), I entered BOATUS to the PROMO CODE field and got a $2.25 discount per ticket. Does anyone know of a better promo code?
If you are shopping for a new boat from a local dealer, call and ask your sales contact for free boat show tickets. Often they will put you on their list of VIPs and you can get into the show as their 'guest'.
Last year, I selected Yachting magazine as my "gift", not really interested in the other choices. It was interesting to look at big boats I would never own. I did try the rebate thing in the past with no success.

This past week I got an email from Yachting magazine with a "buy one get one free" offer. Buy one ticket, get the other free. $15 total charge.

I was going to do the BoatUS code. Glad I waited. There was no promo code, only a link to follow that brought me to a order page, with everything all set for the BOGO. Entered my CC # and info, and printed the tickets.

Going in on the 24th. Woo Hoo!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
Rich

I was about to order my tickets online too, but I'm also glad I waited, I'll tell you why and share it as my tip to save you money for next year's boat show:

Last year, I had signed up onlnie to go to the 2013
Aquapalooza event ( http://www.aquapalooza.com ) on Winni, but I didn't end up going. I don't even own a Searay, but I thought it would be fun and it doesn't cost anything to sign up.

Guess what arrived in the mail this week? A coupon for Two Free Tickets to the NE Boat Show. I guess they think I'm a Searay owner since I signed up for the Aquapalooza so I get to go as their guest.

If it's worth two free tickets to the boat show, I'll continue to sign up every year.

In return, I'll be happy to look at a couple of Searay's while I'm at the show!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackcatBoater View Post
I'm in! Just went to a disappointing Providence show- same old thing from the same dealers. Looking to see something different. Hope the Boston show has something in store!
Boats covered with snow???
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
Rich

That would be a trick! The Boston show is indoors!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #10
8gv

Ya but...

They had to bring the boats there.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Showem

Went to the Boston show today,couldn't ask for a nicer day. For the cost of admission you get your choice of magazines not a bad deal. The show was very good I thought, picked up a new pair of sperry boat shoes which were on sale!
Showem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #12
Bear Island South

Went to the show yesterday, we arrived early so the crowds were not bad, by the time we left it was a steady stream of people arriving.
The pontoon boats were in abundance, wide range of models and prices.
The Premier line was by far the best to see, I really liked the one with the raised helm, have not seen that on a pontoon before.
Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Saw one last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post
Went to the show yesterday, we arrived early so the crowds were not bad, by the time we left it was a steady stream of people arriving.
The pontoon boats were in abundance, wide range of models and prices.
The Premier line was by far the best to see, I really liked the one with the raised helm, have not seen that on a pontoon before.
...at the boat show down at the Hampshire Dome in Amhearst. It was powered by an I/O and the raised platform was part of the cover to the space that housed the engine. A neat idea, because when I sat at the helm, I was able to easily see over the top of a family and salesman that were talking while seated in the bow area. Improved visibility.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #14
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Propo code

Quote:

I put in Boat US and got the $2.25 discount. I got called away and my wife started over, re-enterd everything on her machine, no promo code, and she got a $2.25 discount.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #15
Kamper

My stepson won some tickets at work and we went to Boston today. We got there around noon and left around 330p because my back was acting up. I managed to drag my tail onto some very interesting boats while we were there.

We busted one of the GMC girls', chops. They were pushing the Yukon as a tow vehicle but the sample inside did not have a tow package. lol.

The only other boat show I had been to was Manchester about 12 year ago. This place had about 3-4X the boats as that event plus displays for accessories, training program and infrastructure. We had a good time.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #16
GusMan

I too hit the Boston boat show this weekend and enjoyed it. It was busy on Saturday afternoon, but the crowds were mostly manageable.

I was interested in looking at smallish bowriders (21 feet or less) amd got to look at quite a few manufacturers: SeaRay, Cobalt, Four Winns, Monterrey, Crownline, Bryant, Stingray, Rinker, Chapparall and few others.

I was surprised (and apparently not paying attention) that Winnisquam Marine is no longer selling Four Winns, but chatted with them about their Crownlines. The folks at Melvin Village Marine were very helpful with the Four Winns models. I was also stunned at how expensive the Chapparall was... granted it was a 22 or 23 foot model, but at 68K it seemed even more pricey than the Cobalts!

Any current thoughts on bowrider models in general? Quality, ride, price???

All in all... a nice way to kill an afternoon....

Cheers...

Gusman
GusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #17
codeman671

We were there Saturday afternoon. Stopped by to say hi to the guys at Eastern Boats, then spent our afternoon looking at pontoons. For the price I really liked the looks of the Aqua Patio AP240CB, but its no Premier...

My kids loved the quad ski display.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #18
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
I was also stunned at how expensive the Chapparall was...
Speaking of stunned.... did you look at the price of the Hackercraft(s) that were on display!?!?

Beautiful boats for sure, but you don't get much of a boat for the money (in relative terms).
Old 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
Shortstop

Default Let the sun shine in!

We went yesterday. I thought the most interesting was the solar powered. They had a 33' and 41ish' The 33' was about $330k (I think) and could run for 4 hours at 5 knots. They said top speed was ~15 knots under motor power. It also had a VW Passat diesel. Interesting cabin features, like a transom that laid down making for a large aft and a kitchen placed in that aft section. I expected a huge bank of batteries, but was shown the only battery is a single high tech battery about twice the size of my car battery. The battery cost about $10k and should last 10 years, but with Teslas push, battery prices are expected to fall. Boat has a 600 mile cruise range under 'normal' conditions. 33' was the smallest they make. I expect we will see this solar concept grow as tech advances and they can start getting adequate speeds. I did the math and with the gas I could save - the boat would pay itself off in 57 years, I'll only be 148 then...
Shortstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
dave603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
We went yesterday. I thought the most interesting was the solar powered. They had a 33' and 41ish' The 33' was about $330k (I think) and could run for 4 hours at 5 knots. They said top speed was ~15 knots under motor power. It also had a VW Passat diesel. Interesting cabin features, like a transom that laid down making for a large aft and a kitchen placed in that aft section. I expected a huge bank of batteries, but was shown the only battery is a single high tech battery about twice the size of my car battery. The battery cost about $10k and should last 10 years, but with Teslas push, battery prices are expected to fall. Boat has a 600 mile cruise range under 'normal' conditions. 33' was the smallest they make. I expect we will see this solar concept grow as tech advances and they can start getting adequate speeds. I did the math and with the gas I could save - the boat would pay itself off in 57 years, I'll only be 148 then...
We went the opening weekend, and you could not get near those two boats the line was too long.
I did go on one of the Tug style boats there and on the largest one, the whole roof, other than the upper control station was solar panels.
dave603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
codeman671

Quote:
Speaking of stunned.... did you look at the price of the Hackercraft(s) that were on display!?!?

Beautiful boats for sure, but you don't get much of a boat for the money (in relative terms).
What about the Hackercraft Edition Bennington Pontoon? Ridiculous....There is one on Ebay right now that looks similar to the one that was at the show. $139k for the one on Ebay????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennington-2...wer_Motorboats
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #22
Happy Gourmand

Default Hackercraft

That looks like a pretty sweet ride!
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #23
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
What about the Hackercraft Edition Bennington Pontoon? Ridiculous....There is one on Ebay right now that looks similar to the one that was at the show. $139k for the one on Ebay????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennington-2...wer_Motorboats
It was amazing the positive comments about the Bennington Woodie while I was at the show. Hackercraft is excited about the Bennington opportunity and Goodhue Hawkins partnership on Winni.

From what I understand from the results of the Boston show there will be several new Hackercrafts on Winni this summer including Bennington Woodie. The Hackercrafts at the show were priced very competitively if you were to compare the pricing of other woodie manufactures .
Goodhue Hawkins is the first Hackercraft dealer in the country. Congratulations Goodhue Hawkins! That is a great recognition by Hackercraft that Winnipesaukee has the greatest potential for future Hackercraft boat sales.Those who have a passion for a wooden boats like Garwood or Hackercraft there is no better boat for them.

Good luck Channel Marine and Goodhue Hawkins in your new woodie venture.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (03-04-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #24
rrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
I'm impressed that at 91 you were wandering around the boat show! good for you!
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #25
Lakeboater

rrr, I was thinking the same thing.
IMO the wood Bennington did not look very appealing at all. The salesman there seemed to agree with me. I guess, to me, it doesn't make sense to have a wood covered pontoon boat.
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote