Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #1

Default PWC Problems

I have a 2006 Seadoo GTX with about 75 hrs on it.

Life was good until this weekend. Starts up no problem but when I get it over 2000 RPMs, I get the shrill OIL warning that will not go off unless I turn off the machine. I checked the oil and I am full.

Any thoughts or easy checks that someone could suggest before I get it on the trailer and haul it down to daSilva??

Thanks
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
RLW

Gee, we have the same machine on our lake with the same problem, his shuts down and doesn't want to start again until it cools down
Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
jetskier

Default Did a little digging, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post

Life was good until this weekend. Starts up no problem but when I get it over 2000 RPMs, I get the shrill OIL warning that will not go off unless I turn off the machine. I checked the oil and I am full.

Any thoughts or easy checks that someone could suggest before I get it on the trailer and haul it down to daSilva??

Thanks
Seadoo has had issues with the oil sensors going bad. There are two of them in your GTX. My understanding is that when the alarm goes off the ski goes into "limp" mode. If you have a set button, you can access the error code by pressing it 5 times when you get an alarm.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
jetskier

Default What model seadoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Gee, we have the same machine on our lake with the same problem, his shuts down and doesn't want to start again until it cools down
What model seadoo? If it is a two stroke, it is possible that there is something that got sucked into the water intake. There should be a water sender on the ski where you see water trickling out when the ski is running. On my 1996 GTX it is on the stern above the deck.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #5
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post

Thanks
I just repaired the same problem on my 2004 GTX. I replaced the oil sensor that is in the front of the engine. I can't remember the part number of the sensor I replaced, but you can find it here. Look for your Sea Doo model here, you will see the parts breakdown.
http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/O...ibrand=BRP_SEA
If you have trouble let me know, it was a very easy fix, and HK Powersports in Hooksett had the part in stock.