Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
jetskier

Post Cleaning Service Referral

Hi all,

We are not happy with our current cleaning service and would like to make a change. Is there a cleaning service or person that you have had a good experience with and would recommend? We are in Laconia.

Thanx in advance.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Hi all,

We are not happy with our current cleaning service and would like to make a change. Is there a cleaning service or person that you have had a good experience with and would recommend? We are in Laconia.

Thanx in advance.

Jetskier
We had good luck on a real mess that needed to be cleaned-up with All-Brite in Gilford. (Huge water leak)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Great Northern Cleaning

Default If your looking for residential cleaning...

Check out our website www.greatnortherncleaning.com
Great Northern Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Northern Cleaning View Post
Check out our website www.greatnortherncleaning.com
Highly recommend Frank and the crew at GNC! They've done a great job for us for several years. Reliable, dependable and thorough.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Newcomers

Default window cleaning recommendations?

we just moved into Alton and come spring we have quite few windows that will require cleaning. the house is 2 stories high.
I would appreciate your comments and thoughts on who we might call.

Thanks!
Newcomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #6
WIS

I've had several of my island customers recommend www.greatnortherncleaning.com as well!

603-707-4677
www.WinnipesaukeeIslands.com
WIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
ghfromaltonbay

Default Granite State Window Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomers View Post
we just moved into Alton and come spring we have quite few windows that will require cleaning. the house is 2 stories high.
I would appreciate your comments and thoughts on who we might call.

Thanks!
We have had Granite State Window Cleaning, LLC do our windows for the past 3 or 4 years and they do a wonderful job each spring. They are located near Franklin, but they have several customers in the Alton area and coordinate the schedule to do our area. You can call Steve Urquhart at:

(603) 934-3390
NH toll-free 800-892-8184

You can tell him Gail from Sandy Point referred you. His crew does a great job even taking down and doing the screens, windows and sills inside and out.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS View Post
I've had several of my island customers recommend www.greatnortherncleaning.com as well!
After 2 missed appointments and arrogance on the phone I didn't bother and would not waste my time with them. Our island home was not very big and after the snide comment from them saying that unless we were prepared to pay a minimum of $250 per visit they wouldn't even bother coming out to take a look, I went elsewhere.

Must be good to have that much business that you can risk pissing someone off and have it get out there publicly and not care!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
ishoot308

Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
After 2 missed appointments and arrogance on the phone I didn't bother and would not waste my time with them. Our island home was not very big and after the snide comment from them saying that unless we were prepared to pay a minimum of $250 per visit they wouldn't even bother coming out to take a look, I went elsewhere.

Must be good to have that much business that you can risk pissing someone off and have it get out there publicly and not care!
Interesting, considering they specifically advertise island home cleaning on their web site... http://www.greatnortherncleaning.com...nd-service.php

Thanks for the info!

Dan
Old 01-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Interesting, considering they specifically advertise island home cleaning on their web site... http://www.greatnortherncleaning.com...nd-service.php

Thanks for the info!

Dan
They do islands, but either didn't want to be bothered with mine or are busy enough that they feel that they can gouge people. Either way I was not impressed.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:12 PM   #11
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Well....

I believe what Codeman is referring to...is he wanted to hire us to perform rental turnover service on Saturdays in the middle of summer to his island cottage by boat. We do offer rental turn over service on the mainland on Saturdays. We service over 60 properties each Saturday. This is done by 8 separate crews of between 3-6 employees each. We have a short window to perform these services...usually between 10 am and 3 pm. It's is a logistal nightmare to coordinate all this....I do not possibly have the time to go to the marina, load my boat up, drive 30-45 minutes out to codemans island camp, perform the cleaning, 30-45 minutes back to the marina, this would be with 3 employees would tie up 3 hours of my Saturday. We do services islands during the week. My Saturday rental turnover service on the mainland is a $14,000 every Saturday business....I do not have the time to get out on my boat to go service one island job....it seems to me that the arrogant one here is Codeman. I tried to explain to him that it just wasn't economically feasible for me to service his island rental turnover on a Saturday. And I did mention it would cost $250.00 to perform this service...let's break this down for our arrogant Mr. Codeman...it would be 30 bucks in boat fuel...3 employees for 3 hours that's 9 man hours,..plus myself to drive the boat...now not charging for myself as I am on the phone constantly on those Saturdays coordinating everything...that comes out to $24 bucks an hour...and that doesn't include the drive from my office to the marina....so as far as i am concerned the $250 would be quite a deal as we charge $30 per hour on the mainland. And it may have been Codemans own arrogance on the phone, his failure to understand my business logistics that lead me to be curt with him on the phone. If Codeman wanted to change his rental turnovers to a week day...when we are already out servicing other island properties by boat...thus bringing our profit margins up..then we could lower the cost of this service to something I am sure he could afford. For the record, we do not service any island properties by boat on Saturdays.

We are very proud of our customer service and the service that we provide. We will not jeapodise our quality of service to any customer to make an extra buck, hence we occasionally, but reluctantly, have to decline providing to service to new customers. We enjoy a very solid reputation in the Lakes Region.

Have a nice day. Frank
Old 01-26-2014, 11:50 PM   #12
codeman671

Quote:
I believe what Codeman is referring to...is he wanted to hire us to perform rental turnover service on Saturdays in the middle of summer to his island cottage by boat. We do offer rental turn over service on the mainland on Saturdays. We service over 60 properties each Saturday. This is done by 8 separate crews of between 3-6 employees each. We have a short window to perform these services...usually between 10 am and 3 pm. It's is a logistal nightmare to coordinate all this....I do not possibly have the time to go to the marina, load my boat up, drive 30-45 minutes out to codemans island camp, perform the cleaning, 30-45 minutes back to the marina, this would be with 3 employees would tie up 3 hours of my Saturday. We do services islands during the week. My Saturday rental turnover service on the mainland is a $14,000 every Saturday business....I do not have the time to get out on my boat to go service one island job....it seems to me that the arrogant one here is Codeman. I tried to explain to him that it just wasn't economically feasible for me to service his island rental turnover on a Saturday. And I did mention it would cost $250.00 to perform this service...let's break this down for our arrogant Mr. Codeman...it would be 30 bucks in boat fuel...3 employees for 3 hours that's 9 man hours,..plus myself to drive the boat...now not charging for myself as I am on the phone constantly on those Saturdays coordinating everything...that comes out to $24 bucks an hour...and that doesn't include the drive from my office to the marina....so as far as i am concerned the $250 would be quite a deal as we charge $30 per hour on the mainland. And it may have been Codemans own arrogance on the phone, his failure to understand my business logistics that lead me to be curt with him on the phone. If Codeman wanted to change his rental turnovers to a week day...when we are already out servicing other island properties by boat...thus bringing our profit margins up..then we could lower the cost of this service to something I am sure he could afford. For the record, we do not service any island properties by boat on Saturdays.

We are very proud of our customer service and the service that we provide. We will not jeapodise our quality of service to any customer to make an extra buck, hence we occasionally, but reluctantly, have to decline providing to service to new customers. We enjoy a very solid reputation in the Lakes Region.

Have a nice day. Frank
Without wasting too much time picking apart Franks email I will point out a few quick flaws. We were not requesting Saturday turnovers, we did not arrange oir rental schedules to EVER flip on a Saturday. I planned this so that if we had renters in, they would be out before the weekend so we would have time to clean up and use it ourselves if it was vacant. They typically would be in and out on Mondays or Fridays. He was supposed to meet me on a Saturday to discuss and view the property. That's it.

I was an islander for 9 years, typically have a boat in the water before ice out is called and stay in until November or December. I think that gives me a solid grasp on costs, time frames for making the trip to and from the island, etc. I am also a business owner and can handle profit margins and do a cost analysis to determine what makes sense. I am also smart enough to know that a min charge of $250 is ridiculous to do a basic cleaning on a house our size with no linen washing or bed making needed. Anyone on the islands paying that much is paying too much, or maybe it was just me getting the special treatment.

He went into his arrogant rant on the phone about pricing before he ever saw the place. All i replied with was that it was too much for me. He called me to tell me this before taking a ride out, basically at the last minute instead of telling me this the few times we spoke before about meeting, before being blown off. How quickly he forgets...In fact I tried to hook up with him the previous season only to be blown off then too. Bet he forgot about that too.

His reply shows who the arrogant, unprofessional one is in this situation. Good luck with your business.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #13
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Codeman

....you were specifically asking for Saturday service for your island camp...but there is more to this story.....i happened to remember something this morning......may I remind you of an estimate a few years ago, at your mainland house in which you were appalled that I charge $30 per hour per person. You went on a small rant about that being more than your wife makes as a nurse or something. Since that day I have had no desire to work for you....

Have a good day sir!
The Following User Says Thank You to Great Northern Cleaning For This Useful Post:
Glendale Girl (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #14
dragonfly03246

Default Bon-Ton's Housecleaning

I recommend Bon-Ton's Housecleaning Service, she's been in business for over 25 years and has many customers and excellent references.

She has many customers in the Lakes Region area and she's very fair on price. She can do weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, to your schedule. Give her a call, her name is Bonnie Wabble and her phone number is 603-387-6708

Let her know her daughter sent you
dragonfly03246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #15
codeman671

Quote:
....you were specifically asking for Saturday service for your island camp...but there is more to this story.....i happened to remember something this morning......may I remind you of an estimate a few years ago, at your mainland house in which you were appalled that I charge $30 per hour per person. You went on a small rant about that being more than your wife makes as a nurse or something. Since that day I have had no desire to work for you....

Have a good day sir!
Wrong once again. I never owned nor do I now own a mainland home in the lakes region. I think you are confusing me with someone else. And you are incorrect about the Saturday flip. Every rental I had this summer came in on a Friday, with the exception of one that came in on a Monday for a midweek stay. I would know, it was my house, I booked and handled all rentals and I was the one driving up and bringing my cleaners out. I have worked with a bunch of different contractors in the lakes region and I think all would concur that I am certainly not arrogant, demanding, and am not afraid to write a check for quality work.

For the record I pay $35 an hour to my cleaner on my home in the seacoast, 1 person 4 hours on a much larger home. And my wife makes more than that anyhow...

Getting back to the original thread and poster, I have the name of two different cleaners (individuals) that are very fair, thorough and reasonable. I used both of them on the island, and would be happy to PM their info if you like.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
Red apple

We have used Great Northern for out lake house (not island) and have been very happy with all there services.
Red apple is offline   Reply With Quote