Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
LadyJane

Default Corner House

I heard the Corner House in Sandwich has new owners. Yes? have there been any changes?
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
phoenix

This was mentioned before but no one has posting visiting since
Old 06-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Newbiesaukee

We had dinner last week at the Corner House which has been a favorite for many years. The place has been spruced up and looks much better. The menu has a special note asking patience as they are training and refurbishing. We would agree and things are a work in progress and this review should be read with this in mind.

The menu looks very different and is all on one page as compared to the old menu which could be confusing as it was many pages long. Most of the old favorites are there, although not the famous broccoli/ seafood dish or hunter’s meatloaf. The bread selection contained the irresistible sweet brown bread and a rather tasteless roll. Salad is no longer included in the entree price but a side salad can be had for $2.00.

Some things are quirky...Buffalo chicken tenders were $2.00 more than chicken tenders...perhaps justified but I have not seen this elsewhere. The Corner House salad is still available but doesn’t have option of adding salmon, shrimp. We asked and this was available but was not on menu. There were a number of specials which is as it was before. My salad had no dressing even though I ordered it...but it was a warm broccoli cauliflower salad and was quite good regardless. The bill was also quirky...the total was correct, but the amount specified for alcohol was too high. Our waitress, who tried very hard, explained that they are working on this computer kink.

The food was tasty and the portions reasonable, which may be the most important thing.

We will accept the new owners’ recognizing that things are not quite ready and we will return. But not quite yet.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
LadyJane (06-27-2019), newbie (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 06:24 AM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I love that they have a note asking for patience. I would see this as an opportunity not to avoid the place, but to be part of its future by providing feedback.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote