Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2019, 06:35 AM   #1
sky's

Default poor service from Cantins Chevrolet

My wife and I purchased a new Tahoe approx. 2 years ago and noticed some front end issues. We have complained about this from the very first oil change till now. The vehicle has approx. 27k miles on it and guess what the front steer tires are worn SMOOTH. I asked the salesman if they would honor or simply step to the plate and replace the front tires because they wore prematurely and nothing...... we trade in our vehicles every three years and have bought several vehicles from Cantins but guess what "not anymore" the money isn’t the issue the fact that the front end has had an issue from the beginning and nothing has been done to fix the problem. Hopefully after we pick up the car today and after demanding this gets resolved immediately will be finally fixed. Sorry Cantins we're done Good bye.
sky's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #2
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

So for a few hundred bucks worth of tires they lost a good customer.
If they had solved the problem right away, you'd have been happy and a customer for life. I don't get it.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (04-13-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky's View Post
My wife and I purchased a new Tahoe approx. 2 years ago and noticed some front end issues. We have complained about this from the very first oil change till now. The vehicle has approx. 27k miles on it and guess what the front steer tires are worn SMOOTH. I asked the salesman if they would honor or simply step to the plate and replace the front tires because they wore prematurely and nothing...... we trade in our vehicles every three years and have bought several vehicles from Cantins but guess what "not anymore" the money isn’t the issue the fact that the front end has had an issue from the beginning and nothing has been done to fix the problem. Hopefully after we pick up the car today and after demanding this gets resolved immediately will be finally fixed. Sorry Cantins were done Good bye.
I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado and I had to replace the tires at 32,000. They come from the factory with Goodyear's which don't last very long. I put a set of Michelin's on it and have 65,000 miles now. The tires still look new.

My son has the same truck and his Goodyear's wore out at 30,000. He replaced them with Michelin's and now has 80,000 miles on the truck. They will need to be replaced in the fall.

30,000 is about all you're going to get out of those factory installed Goodyear tires.
They had issues with those Goodyear tires causing front end vibrations also.
When I was looking at new trucks I road tested one that was vibrating at 60 mph, brand new!
It could be that the tires were the issue all along.

Last edited by Biggd; 04-09-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
jbolty

tires last 2-3 times as long if they are rotated. of course alignment issues aside.

I got well over 60000 from the tires on my avalanche, rotate every other oil change
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
tires last 2-3 times as long if they are rotated. of course alignment issues aside.

I got well over 60000 from the tires on my avalanche, rotate every other oil change

Rotating especially with new technology is imperative but will be futile is there is a front end issue as stated by the poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #6
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

You probably didn't have the bad Goodyear tires. Even with no front end issues and rotating them every 10,000 miles you would only get about 30,000 miles on them. They were just a crappy tire.
I've been selling and installing tires for over 45 years. I don't put anything but Michelin's on my own vehicles but they are pricey. Some customers just want cheap, cheap, cheap!
I hear the same thing from every customer, "I'm only going to keep it for another year" or "I just need it to pass inspection". Then 5 years later they are still bringing it in for repairs.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #7
Poor Richard

I see the complaint being that both front tires have worn out and need replacement at 27,000 miles. Were the tires ever rotated?

Have the tire pressures been kept to proper inflation the entire time?

As mentioned, factory tires are usually garbage. How much tread remains on the rears?

Can you elaborate on what the "front end issues" were from the time the vehicle was brand new until now?

Considering the statement that both front tires need replacement, it isn't necessarily a bad thing at 27,000 miles. It suggests to me that they are wearing evenly but don't get rotated (based off the information given).
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #8
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
So for a few hundred bucks worth of tires they lost a good customer.
If they had solved the problem right away, you'd have been happy and a customer for life. I don't get it.
totally correct im still shaking my head????????????????
Old 04-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #9
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I see the complaint being that both front tires have worn out and need replacement at 27,000 miles. Were the tires ever rotated?

Have the tire pressures been kept to proper inflation the entire time?

As mentioned, factory tires are usually garbage. How much tread remains on the rears?

Can you elaborate on what the "front end issues" were from the time the vehicle was brand new until now?

Considering the statement that both front tires need replacement, it isn't necessarily a bad thing at 27,000 miles. It suggests to me that they are wearing evenly but don't get rotated (based off the information given).
they have been rotated with each oil change thats been a "free" service for the first i believe 3-4 times. there the Alonzo tires i believe Bridgestone.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #10
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
You probably didn't have the bad Goodyear tires. Even with no front end issues and rotating them every 10,000 miles you would only get about 30,000 miles on them. They were just a crappy tire.
I've been selling and installing tires for over 45 years. I don't put anything but Michelin's on my own vehicles but they are pricey. Some customers just want cheap, cheap, cheap!
I hear the same thing from every customer, "I'm only going to keep it for another year" or "I just need it to pass inspection". Then 5 years later they are still bringing it in for repairs.
Good advice......My boat trailer came with Chinese tires (didn't even think to check) Two of them exploded on the highway after less than 10K miles
Learned my lesson,
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #11
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

I bought 4 tires at VIP for my Tahoe and was in their balance and rotate program to maintain the mileage guarantee. I think that required a stop in every 8,000 miles. I did that and only got about 22,000 miles out of those tires. After checking the record to be sure that I had complied VIP put 4 new tires on, mounted and balanced, for $160.

I inquired at the trailer dealer on my last boat trailer and for an upcharge they swapped the "Chinese" tires for radials. I took them to Northeast Tire and had them balanced just in case they were way off, before I even put the boat on the trailer. Two trips back and forth to Florida and still no problem. Good tires and Bearing Buddies go a long way.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 04-10-2019 at 05:38 AM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Red apple (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default OEM tires.

OEM tires are not the same tires sold at tire merchants. 30,000 is the norm. Got to please the bean counters!
I had the same predicament with a new Toyota, Jeep and Mazda6. All lasted 30,000. Dealers will sell you the same OEM tires to increase their profit margin. I notice that when Quicklane replace the OEM tires with OEM tires. The tires cost more than the local tire dealers! Never again will I deal with Irwins!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:00 PM   #13
fatlazyless

Default ...... Elvis rolls on Viva-3's!

Walmart in Plymouth and Tilton have Goodyear Viva-3 all-season tires, sold only at Walmart, which are a quality tire for less. You pay $75 for a tire worth $110. Very quiet, good control on wet roads, good handling, round and black and look like tires!

Walmart will rotate these tires for free, every time you come in for an oil change, when you get all four wheels with the Viva-3 or any set of four, sold at Walmart .... including the incredibly expensive Michelin.

If you basically never go faster than about 75-mph, then Viva-3's are plenty good enough.

Elvis Presley sings: "Viva, viva, viva Las Vegas ...... and viva, viva, viva Wal
mart .... and viva, viva, viva the Goodyear Viva-3 tire, sold only at Walmart.

Did you know that Elvis rolls on Viva-3's ...... that was him just yesterday, in a purple 1972 Cadillac Eldorado driv'n down Main St in Meredith ...... and he was roll'n on Viva-3's!

Viva-3 Las Tire!
Old 04-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #14
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Walmart in Plymouth and Tilton have Goodyear Viva-3 all-season tires, sold only at Walmart, which are a quality tire for less. You pay $75 for a tire worth $110. Very quiet, good control on wet roads, good handling, round and black and look like tires!

Walmart will rotate these tires for free, every time you come in for an oil change, when you get all four wheels with the Viva-3 or any set of four, sold at Walmart .... including the incredibly expensive Michelin.

If you basically never go faster than about 75-mph, then Viva-3's are plenty good enough.

Elvis Presley sings: "Viva, viva, viva Las Vegas ...... and viva, viva, viva Wal
mart .... and viva, viva, viva the Goodyear Viva-3 tire, sold only at Walmart.

Did you know that Elvis rolls on Viva-3's ...... that was him just yesterday, in a purple 1972 Cadillac Eldorado driv'n down Main St in Meredith ...... and he was roll'n on Viva-3's!

Viva-3 Las Tire!
You can buy a Goodyear viva for $75.00 and get 30,000 miles out of it or you can buy a Michelin for $150.00 and get 60,000 miles out of it. Which is the better value? Personally I think the Michelin is because you don't have to waste time shopping as often for new tires and you're going to save by not having to pay for mounting and balancing twice. A savings of time and money!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #15
fatlazyless

Did you know the Walmart TLC stands for Tire Lube Center, which opens at 7, so get there at 6:50 and you'll be the first in line. Their pit stop oil change goes for 19.88, and they top off everything, including the tires.

So's, how about this ..... Cantin Chevrolet in Laconia does safety inspections with an appointment for just $20 ..... and they run your car through their car wash after the inspection, included with the $20-price, plus has free coffee and a large screen tv that includes continuous reruns of the last public meeting of the Laconia Zoning Board of Appeal.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:18 AM   #16
Rusty

Quote:
My wife and I purchased a new Tahoe approx. 2 years ago and noticed some front end issues. We have complained about this from the very first oil change till now. The vehicle has approx. 27k miles on it and guess what the front steer tires are worn SMOOTH. I asked the salesman if they would honor or simply step to the plate and replace the front tires because they wore prematurely and nothing...... we trade in our vehicles every three years and have bought several vehicles from Cantins but guess what "not anymore" the money isn’t the issue the fact that the front end has had an issue from the beginning and nothing has been done to fix the problem. Hopefully after we pick up the car today and after demanding this gets resolved immediately will be finally fixed. Sorry Cantins we're done Good bye.
What will finally be fixed? To be fixed you have to know the problem, there are a lot of parts to the front end. Did they tell you what they are going to fix?
Old 04-10-2019, 06:49 AM   #17
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What will finally be fixed? To be fixed you have to know the problem, there are a lot of parts to the front end. Did they tell you what they are going to fix?
Two years old and 27,000 miles, there really shouldn't be anything wrong with it unless he was abusing it off road.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 AM   #18
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
great question the first oil change we expressed our concerns about the front end acting strange when changing lanes on the highway for example the steering wheel seemed to loose resistance. The supervisor commented that they drove it around the building seemed fine and he said its a brand new car. i can quote that comment from Cantins mechanic. My wife commented on it when she went for the next oil change and tire rotation. Oh everything looks they said. so finally a few weeks ago we noticed how smooth the inside tires were. took pictures sent them to our salesman and he said he would get involved. as always you have to pretty much screem murder to get anything done. they did an alignment said the toe was out and also recalibrated the electronics in the steering so what was it??? we dont know exactly. meanwhile my front tires are junk. IM NEVER GOING BACK TO CANTINS AGAIN. i emailed the owner know response. his lossssss Banks is just down the road
The Following User Says Thank You to sky's For This Useful Post:
Rusty (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 06:53 AM   #19
sky's

Quote:
Two years old and 27,000 miles, there really shouldn't be anything wrong with it unless he was abusing it off road.
never abused my vehicle if the speed limit is 30 my wife is riding the brake and doing 29mph. i get rid of them every three years and always get the maximum trade in and area able to carry my equity.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #20
Donzi Minx

Smile Chevrolet in General

I owned a 2002 Z71 Suburban that I absolutely loved. Towed the boat, hauled the family, friends, and luggage in style. Big wheel base comfort on long hauls. I replaced the the Goodyears with Michelins and was quite happy with the "difference" in handling and wear. 32,000 mile mark.
Unfortunately, (being a Chevy guy all my life) I lost faith at around 68,000 miles as my Suburban let me know that it was assembled by "Mr. Badwrench". I had an in with the local service manager at Davidson Chevrolet in Malden who provided me with parts at cost. At 78,000 miles I sold it to a man on the South Shore who had six children, but not before I invested almost $4,200.00 in repairs to A/C compressor, LH RH axles (universal joint and boots south) alternator and several power window belts.
Downsized to a 2009 TRD Tacoma that lost the Dunlaps at around 28,000 to Michelins and honestly with 150,000 miles on the clock would have to say bulletproof performance. I miss my 70 & 1/2 350 Camaro, but not looking back.
C'mon America make something that competes and of course MAGA!
Donzi Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #21
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi Minx View Post
I owned a 2002 Z71 Suburban that I absolutely loved. Towed the boat, hauled the family, friends, and luggage in style. Big wheel base comfort on long hauls. I replaced the the Goodyears with Michelins and was quite happy with the "difference" in handling and wear. 32,000 mile mark.
Unfortunately, (being a Chevy guy all my life) I lost faith at around 68,000 miles as my Suburban let me know that it was assembled by "Mr. Badwrench". I had an in with the local service manager at Davidson Chevrolet in Malden who provided me with parts at cost. At 78,000 miles I sold it to a man on the South Shore who had six children, but not before I invested almost $4,200.00 in repairs to A/C compressor, LH RH axles (universal joint and boots south) alternator and several power window belts.
Downsized to a 2009 TRD Tacoma that lost the Dunlaps at around 28,000 to Michelins and honestly with 150,000 miles on the clock would have to say bulletproof performance. I miss my 70 & 1/2 350 Camaro, but not looking back.
C'mon America make something that competes and of course MAGA!
I love Toyota's but when it comes to my truck I always buy Chevy or GMC.
Did You get a new frame on that Tacoma yet?
Old 04-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #22
C-Bass

Default Tire Rotations

I have a 2015 GMC pickup with Dueller AT's. I have 260K on it. I drive a lot. I have found from experience that rotating the tires on every oil change extends the life. I got 107,000mi on the first set I had to replace and 111,000mi on the second set. I also stick with the same tire that the truck came from out of the factory.
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #23
Donzi Minx

Biggd, when the Toyota dealer replaced the recalled multi-leaf springs under warranty they performed the frame test. The frame passed inspection.
Michelins / Mobil 1....good to go.
Donzi Minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #24
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
So I can understand the frustration... But if you believed that something was wrong with the Front end and the dealership wasn't doing anything about it why didn't you try taking it to another dealership? Or for that mater go to a private garage?

Also you state the front end had problems from the beginning elaborate what kind of problems.. With your statement to much is left to the imagination. I have owned only GM Vehicles and worked with several GM dealerships all my life. Sure there are some bad one, you rectify that by going to another one, getting the issue fixed, and then going back to your normal dealership and put the invoice in front of them, as ask a simple question. If another dealership could Identify the problem why couldn't you.

With what has been said here, it sounds like your problems where because of a front end alignment issue. (I very much doubt the dealership did much beyond that).... And from there it sounds like maybe the dealership didn't rotate your tires like the should every oil changes....

Now for everyone else, what the hell are you doing only getting 30K out of the stock tires.... I ran mine to 45K no problem on my 2015 Silverado.... I am at almost 80 now with new tires, and still don't need an alignment.... For the record, I use my truck for towing, so light off roading, hauling this that and everything else in bed... If there is a poster child for a vehicle that needs maintence it should be me......
Old 04-10-2019, 11:13 AM   #25
Poor Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Now for everyone else, what the hell are you doing only getting 30K out of the stock tires.....
My brother's brand new ('17) Tundra needed a pair of front tires after 14,000 miles. Having that conversation with the dealership was fun as they tried everything to get out of replacing them....came just short of accusing my brother of going offroad bashing, over-loading and an accident....it was aggravating to say the least but they ended up replacing them. I believe those were Bridgstones, FWIW.

My '10 Tundra currently has a set of Kumho AT51 mounted. With the hauling, towing and my general driving habits, these tires are holding up very well at nearly 40,000 miles. Tire pressures stay between 60 and 70 PSI (Load Range E). I rotate every 10k, and have not aligned this truck since I bought it with around 84,000 miles. I am at 190,000 now.

As far as OP's situation, there are a lot of unanswered questions here still.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:15 AM   #26
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi Minx View Post
Biggd, when the Toyota dealer replaced the recalled multi-leaf springs under warranty they performed the frame test. The frame passed inspection.
Michelins / Mobil 1....good to go.
Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Every Toyota dealer has stacks of new Tacoma frames to replace.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:34 AM   #27
swnoel

Quote:
Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Every Toyota dealer has stacks of new Tacoma frames to replace.
Maybe so, do you believe the other manufacturers would have stepped up to the plate and done the same thing?
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:05 AM   #28
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
Maybe so, do you believe the other manufacturers would have stepped up to the plate and done the same thing?
Look at you waving the MAGA hat, buying a foreign vehicle, and judging a company's moral compass.

Like I said, I'm a big fan of Toyota's. I'm in the Auto repair business and I was recommending them to my customers 40 years ago but I personally don't like their trucks. I've driven many of them and just don't feel comfortable on a long trip in them.

As far as judging the moral compass of a company. Those decisions are based on $$$$$$$$. Is it cheaper to replace all the frames now or face a law suit when people start getting killed? I commend them for replacing all those frames but they shouldn't have had that problem for that many years without doing something about it sooner.

I'm glad you're happy with your Tacoma. I will stick with Chevy trucks.

Last edited by Biggd; 04-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:32 AM   #29
swnoel

Quote:
Look at you waving the MAGA hat, buying a foreign vehicle, and judging a company's moral compass.

Like I said, I'm a big fan of Toyota's. I'm in the Auto repair business and I was recommending them to my customers 40 years ago but I personally don't like their trucks. I've driven many of them and just don't feel comfortable on a long trip in them.

As far as judging the moral compass of a company. Those decisions are based on $$$$$$$$. Is it cheaper to replace all the frames now or face a law suit when people start getting killed? I commend them for replacing all those frames but they shouldn't have had that problem for that many years without doing something about it sooner.

I'm glad you're happy with your Tacoma. I will stick with Chevy trucks.
I ask a simple question and get a BS anti Trump response!
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:43 AM   #30
Biggd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile appSorry Swnoel, I got you mixed up with Donzi Minx who brought up the MAGA reference. I guess you both have Toyota trucks.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:58 AM   #31
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
I ask a simple question and get a BS anti Trump response!
Sorry swnoel, I got you mixed up with Donzi Minx who brought out the MAGA reference in this thread. I guess you both have Toyota trucks which I really have no problems with.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #32
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Chevy Traverse

Rented a Traverse once for a trip to CT. Absolutely the worst handling SUV I have ever driven! Only 2K miles! My partner says the same thing!

Complained to the rental agent in CT. He says he got the same response from other customers. We swapped for the Jeep Cherokee, what a huge difference!

All SUV/CRVs etc. does not have the road feel of the wagons. I and other drivers call these class of vehicles CNV (Comfortably Numb Vehicles). Great for soccer moms or kid haulers. For the life in me, where did the 'sport' in SUV came from?

Try a Volvo/MB/Audi/BMW wagon and you will definitely agree!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #33
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Rented a Traverse once for a trip to CT. Absolutely the worst handling SUV I have ever driven! Only 2K miles! My partner says the same thing!

Complained to the rental agent in CT. He says he got the same response from other customers. We swapped for the Jeep Cherokee, what a huge difference!

All SUV/CRVs etc. does not have the road feel of the wagons. I and other drivers call these class of vehicles CNV (Comfortably Numb Vehicles). Great for soccer moms or kid haulers. For the life in me, where did the 'sport' in SUV came from?

Try a Volvo/MB/Audi/BMW wagon and you will definitely agree!
What I have found are rentals are cheap versions of the real thing. I believe GM makes cars differently for sales to rental companies because of the cut rate prices.

I've driven a rental and driven a customers car of the same make and model and the rental almost always feels cheaper built. They usually have a lot more road noises and ride much harsher.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #34
iw8surf

Quote:
What I have found are rentals are cheap versions of the real thing. I believe GM makes cars differently for sales to rental companies because of the cut rate prices.

I've driven a rental and driven a customers car of the same make and model and the rental almost always feels cheaper built. They usually have a lot more road noises and ride much harsher.
100% agree most rentals I have gotten from Chevy are awful. But I'm also not a Chevy guy. I lemon lawed a Tahoe back in 1999 and took a huge hit on depreciation on a Trailblazer after the Tahoe so after that I swore I'd never buy another Chevy again.

But I find this hard to believe... From a cost standpoint why would a company want to manage various lines of inventory and supply chain to make a vehicle simply to sell for car rentals? This exact reason is why car companies aren't select any options and any color and any anything you want and we will build it for you. Isn't it all about mass production and keeping everything uniform?
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #35
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by iw8surf View Post
100% agree most rentals I have gotten from Chevy are awful. But I'm also not a Chevy guy. I lemon lawed a Tahoe back in 1999 and took a huge hit on depreciation on a Trailblazer after the Tahoe so after that I swore I'd never buy another Chevy again.

But I find this hard to believe... From a cost standpoint why would a company want to manage various lines of inventory and supply chain to make a vehicle simply to sell for car rentals? This exact reason is why car companies aren't select any options and any color and any anything you want and we will build it for you. Isn't it all about mass production and keeping everything uniform?
It's kind of like buying a Makita impact driver from a tool supply company and buying what you think is the same tool from Home Depot. They look the same but the one at HD is made with cheaper materials just for HD at a discounted price. A lot of companies do that now.
We were just discussing this in the Pella window thread. The Pella windows you buy at Lowes aren't the same Pella windows you are going to get from the Pella store.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #36
jbolty

Quote:
It's kind of like buying a Makita impact driver from a tool supply company and buying what you think is the same tool from Home Depot. They look the same but the one at HD is made with cheaper materials just for HD at a discounted price. A lot of companies do that now.
We were just discussing this in the Pella window thread. The Pella windows you buy at Lowes aren't the same Pella windows you are going to get from the Pella store.
This has been going on for decades. 30+ years ago when I was selling electronics consumer reports would do a review on Sony model # 123456789 but the one we had in the store was #12345678A
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
Biggd (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #37
FlyingScot

Quote:
acting strange when changing lanes on the highway.... The supervisor commented that they drove it around the building seemed fine and he said its a brand new car.
Now THAT'S poor service
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote