Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Tractor Supply

Surprised no one has mentioned the opening of the new Tractor Supply in Gilford at the airport plaza. Has anyone been yet?? I plan on going tomorrow to check it out. I'm sure it will be great like all other Tractor Supply stores.

It was a perfect choice to have that store fill the mostly vacant and recently updated plaza. With them being there, it should also greatly help to fill the other vacant storefronts as well!!

A welcomed addition to Gilford and I wish them well!!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 10-22-2020 at 12:16 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned the opening of the new Tractor Supply in Gilford at the airport plaza. Has anyone been yet?? I plan on going tomorrow to check it out. I'm sure it will be great like all other Tractor Supply stores.

It was perfect choice to have that store fill the mostly vacant and recently updated plaza. With them being there, it should also greatly help to fill the other vacant storefronts as well!!

A welcomed addition to Gilford and I wish them well!!

Dan
Yes! I probably won't frequent the Gilford store as I have one close by.
I do shop there often for anything from clothing to dog food to tools and garage heaters. Great stores! Love them and the people are always very helpful no matter what.
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Arrow ..... what, no Canada geese there?

www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/live-birds shows all the different live birds, geese, ducks and chickens they have for sale ...... except no Canada geese, for some unknown reason ...... boo-hoo!

Is a duck technically a bird ....... maybe not? ...... so's maybe they just have ducks, chickens, and geese .... which may or may not be birds?

If you are like totally, totally, totally bored out of your mind once winter gets here, and who is not, you can always go down to that local Tractor Supply and have some fun while feeding their ducks with some Cheez-it original baked snack crackers in the family size, four dollar box. Every duck and goose will fall in love with the Cheez-it original baked snack crackers what with its cheesy and salty flavor.

You know, this is such a great idea! ....... go hit that new Gilford Tractor Supply ...... with a big box of Cheez-its!
Old 10-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

An article in the Sun said opening on the 24th:
https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...6b0abec9d.html
However photo was not of the Gilford store.

J drove by today and saw a sigh that said Now Open.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
An article in the Sun said opening on the 24th:
https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...6b0abec9d.html
However photo was not of the Gilford store.

J drove by today and saw a sigh that said Now Open.

Alan
I believe they opened last Saturday...

Dan
Old 10-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
I believe they opened last Saturday...

Dan
Soft opening?

Dave
Old 10-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #7
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Soft opening?

Dave
Fully open to the public I believe.

Dan
Old 10-22-2020, 09:21 PM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Soft openings

Quote:
Fully open to the public I believe.

Dan
I worked for Staples, both in upstate NY and NH, and was part of the staff at soft openings. The doors were open, customers were welcomed in for a week or ten days ahead of the Grand Opening.

Grand Opening day saw specials and deals for that day only, and then it was business as usual.

I think the 24th is their "official " offering day.

Dave
Slickcraft (10-23-2020)
Old 10-23-2020, 04:22 AM   #9
ApS

Default Not Convenient to The Quiet Side of The Lake...

Quote:
Surprised no one has mentioned the opening of the new Tractor Supply in Gilford at the airport plaza. Has anyone been yet?? I plan on going tomorrow to check it out. I'm sure it will be great like all other Tractor Supply stores. It was a perfect choice to have that store fill the mostly vacant and recently updated plaza. With them being there, it should also greatly help to fill the other vacant storefronts as well!! A welcomed addition to Gilford and I wish them well!! Dan
While I also wish them well, none of the Tractor Supply stores I've visited are ever crowded!

Wolfeboro and Tuftonboro don't benefit from this new Gilford location.

They're also the most expensive of similar stores. (I frequent their Ossipee store abutting Dollar General opposite Hannafords, Walgreens and Ocean State/BigLots).

Their bargains are in (large quantity) bird seed and hardware sold by the pound. (!)

'Course, they cater to their namesake, and have trailers, tires, and highly specialized hardware for farm tractor equipment. On some occasions, you can look into large warming bins and select little ducklings and baby chickens.

I'd prefer a closer Harbor Freight store, but the toll on local businesses would be severe.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:36 AM   #10
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

The Tractor Supply near me never has the things it should. In the last year: a half empty spark plug wall, missing two of the most common plugs; no chainsaw bar oil; no oil filter for the most common garden tractor engine; and, and this one blew my mind, no 2-stroke oil.

They did, however, have Clem's candy in 37 varieties, giant windmills, and one of those Dutch yard fans with the boy and girl swinging back and forth in the wind.

It's definitely the best priced place to buy hardware, though overall I'd rather have an Aubuchon, True Value, etc. in the area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by thinkxingu; 10-23-2020 at 06:47 AM.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #11
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
The Tractor Supply near me never has the things it should. In the last year: a half empty spark plug wall, missing two of the most common plugs; no chainsaw bar oil; no oil filter for the most common garden tractor engine; and, and this one blew my mind, no 2-stroke oil.

They did, however, have Clem's candy in 37 varieties, giant windmills, and one of those Dutch yard fans with the boy and girl swinging back and forth in the wind.

It's definitely the best priced place to buy hardware, though overall I'd rather have an Aubuchon, True Value, etc. in the area.

For actual hardware, my choice is Aubuchon as I’m equi-distant to each but I split my shopping between them and TSC for many items.
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #12
Slickcraft

UP was correct, soft public opening. Grand opening tomorrow.

The store is well stocked with a standard layout. I found the two items that I wanted: a tractor air/liquid tire pressure gauge and Liquid Wrench penetrating oil. At checkout I was given an "up to $100" scratch card; I got $5 off. Also a free Tractor Supply hat.

I also stopped at the nearby True Value feed/hardware store. They don't think that their business will be hurt much as their product line is mostly differrent.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:22 AM   #13
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post

My visit went as follows...

Bad:
They did not have the 1/2"x4" galvanized bolt I needed.

Good:
I got my propane tank filled for $13. You pay by the gallon for only what you get.

Great:
They have Reeds brand cinnamon "lifesavers" candy.

Leave it to an pandemic to have us chronicling our visits to TS!
8gv is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8gv For This Useful Post:
ApS (10-23-2020)
Old 10-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #14
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
My visit went as follows...

Bad:
They did not have the 1/2"x4" galvanized bolt I needed.

Good:
I got my propane tank filled for $13. You pay by the gallon for only what you get.

Great:
They have Reeds brand cinnamon "lifesavers" candy.

Leave it to an pandemic to have us chronicling our visits to TS!
Hahahaha!
There is debate in my town over propane. Yes, TSC is "pay only for what you need," but the building center up the street is $12 for a complete fill.

We use it until we can't use it no more and then save a few bucks.

Crap, I'm starting to sound like FLL... Now THAT'S a Covid tragedy.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
mhtranger (10-23-2020)
Old 07-12-2021, 12:32 PM   #15
Slickcraft

Spray paint!

I stopped in on Friday to buy a can of spray paint. The checkout clerk asked for my date of birth. What? Why? Well you need to state your date of birth in order to buy this can of spray paint! So I put the can of paint back on the shelf and walked out. Then went to Lowe's and bought the can of spray paint with no questions asked.

Some states restrict sales of spray paint to over age 18. I have not been able to determine if NH does. Online search of the RSAs did not result in any hits. Anyway, as I am in my 70's, I don't look much like a 16 year old.

Alan
Old 07-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #16
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Spray paint!

I stopped in on Friday to buy a can of spray paint. The checkout clerk asked for my date of birth. What? Why? Well you need to state your date of birth in order to buy this can of spray paint! So I put the can of paint back on the shelf and walked out. Then went to Lowe's and bought the can of spray paint with no questions asked.

Some states restrict sales of spray paint to over age 18. I have not been able to determine if NH does. Online search of the RSAs did not result in any hits. Anyway, as I am in my 70's, I don't look much like a 16 year old.

Alan
When I first started reading this, I thought they were going to offer a senior discount. Age restriction to buy spray paint just never entered my mind. You did the right thing.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #17
Steve C.

You can not buy spray paint in NH if under 18. What the Lowes clerk did was common sense, and put in a date without asking.
Steve C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:43 PM   #18
Slickcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
You can not buy spray paint in NH if under 18. What the Lowes clerk did was common sense, and put in a date without asking.

You may be correct about NH law however I have not been able to find a reference to such a law. You can search NH laws by keyword(s) here:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...s/default.html

I had no luck finding a specific law. Also no luck in a general Google search for a NH restriction for under 18.

BTW, you can order spray paint on Amazon.

Alan
Old 07-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #19
Steve C.

Quote:
You may be correct about NH law however I have not been able to find a reference to such a law. You can search NH laws by keyword(s) here:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...s/default.html

I had no luck finding a specific law. Also no luck in a general Google search for a NH restriction for under 18.

BTW, you can order spray paint on Amazon.

Alan
HHmmm....can't find anything either. I do remember a few years ago there were signs near the paint that stated new regulations require 18 minimum age. I just bought some spray paint today from Ace in Nashua, and I saw the ask for DOB on screen and they put 1/1/1999. Maybe it is a city/town thing?
Steve C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:19 PM   #20
Slickcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
HHmmm....can't find anything either. I do remember a few years ago there were signs near the paint that stated new regulations require 18 minimum age. I just bought some spray paint today from Ace in Nashua, and I saw the ask for DOB on screen and they put 1/1/1999. Maybe it is a city/town thing?
When I got the spray paint at Lowe's I used the auto checkout wondering if the system would key the stand-by clerk to come and enter a date. Nope, it just asked me to pay the money
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
Descant (07-13-2021)