Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Jeanzb1

Default Sea Doo Seascooters

Has anyone ever had one of those Sea Doo Seascooters? They are for adults as well as kids, are battery-charged, go 2 mph, and can be used on the surface and for diving. Just saw them this weekend in Parafunalia and am thinking how much fun they look to be. Anyone have a recommendation yeah or nay? Thanks!
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 View Post
Has anyone ever had one of those Sea Doo Seascooters? They are for adults as well as kids, are battery-charged, go 2 mph, and can be used on the surface and for diving. Just saw them this weekend in Parafunalia and am thinking how much fun they look to be. Anyone have a recommendation yeah or nay? Thanks!
I have two. They work great with kids, but they don't move this 220 lb adult very well. That said, my wife and I use them to motor around while laying on tubes. They work really well for that.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
winnipiseogee

We have friends who bought them a year ago and they are a blast! The adults and kids both spent the summer fighting over them.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Didn't Agent 007 move underwater using one of these propeller devices in the 1965 movie Thunderball when he got chased by Largo's frogmen or something? Maybe strap a sea scooter onto your belly with an extra large swimmers flotation belt so's it will still leave all four hands and legs free to do the overhand crawl with the propeller engaged....for forward movement....hmmmmm! .....sort of like rowing a 12' rowboat that's equipped with an electric trolling motor in the stern.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-15-2013 at 07:05 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Island Girl

Default Fun

I have one... sometimes I would like to go faster.... The seascooter company is great to work with. I had an issue with the old one I had and they replaced a lot of it .... much more than I expected. I use it to examine my water line... scoot out... dive down leaving scooter for a second... come up and scoot to the next part of the line... Also fun snorkeling ... just lay on top of it. and motor around with goggles and a snorkel.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
Misty Blue

Default Sea Doo sea scooter

I have had one for years and it is a ball. It is not fast but with a minimum of leg action you can really cover some distance and it also reduces fatigue while diving.

I had to replace the battery. They don't give them away. As I recall it was about $200.

Deb likes it when I strap her water lounger to myself and tow her around the rafting area. She can dispense with paddling and concentrate on her Corona.

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
Island Girl

Default Many Models, many prices

Each year or so they come out with a new model. http://www.seascooterexpress.com/ I have the orange one. The batteries are $50.00. If you have money to spare... you can get more than twice the speed for the high end ones, one of which has a lithium battery.

For just playing around the lower cost models are just fine... keeping an extra battery around helps.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
jerseyonbear

Default A lot of fun

I happened to see them in Sam's Club a few years ago and purchased 2. They were under a hundred each and were used for about 3 seasons. Even the older adults wanting their time to snorkel. Something has happened to them both they run fine out of the water but die the minute they hit the water. Would love to find them again at that price and I would replace them.
jerseyonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
Island Girl

Default Replace the middle section

The newer ones are pretty cheap. Click the link on my previous post... also call them. Mine did the same think and a replacement motherboard would have fixed it. I had one of the originals and they no longer make that motherboard. I think I bought mine at BJs. The company sold me the middle piece for cheaper than a new one... we were back in action in a few days.fficeffice" />>>

....... Make Lemonade