Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Drummer Boy

Default Stone Jetty

I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Our association is considering extending at a right angle an already existing stone jetty that would serve to protect our beach and our residents from the risk of injury and further beach erosian from the heavy wakes that reach our shoreline.

I'd be interested in knowing what the state requirements and application processes are, companies on the lake that provide this type of constuction, and typical costs.
Drummer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:16 AM   #2
Onshore

Extending a jetty would require a permit from the Wetlands Bureau at the NH Dept of Environmental Services. It would be considered a major impact project and, as such, would require the approval of the Governor and Executive Council as well. Unfortunately the Wetlands Bureau will only permit these types of impacts for the protection of docking facilities. The odds of receiving a permit for this type of structure for the purpose of protecting a swimming area are extemely slim if not impossible.
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote