Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts
Default Metrocast/Atlantic

Anyone else having audio problems.?
Sound is cutting out .....checked all my connections and everything looked good
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
Woody38

Atlantic said there would be interruptions of maybe 15 minutes till 10/16.
Our problem is with the sound not working. Sometimes it is fine then other times the sound will not go up or down. Then later it will go all be itself. They say it is the remote and we now have the 3rd remote. No change. Possible something with the set itself.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Wifi-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
Atlantic said there would be interruptions of maybe 15 minutes till 10/16.
Our problem is with the sound not working. Sometimes it is fine then other times the sound will not go up or down. Then later it will go all be itself. They say it is the remote and we now have the 3rd remote. No change. Possible something with the set itself.
Interesting, cause I have had problems with ME-TV skipping every 10th word in its audio stream, for a month. Tonight I had a conservative channel go offline due to "technical problems", followed by foxnews going offline (Spectrum) for 30 mins. One might draw conclusion from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-war-tensions
... Bring on the slams, but reality isn't some liberal dream.
Wifi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Audio Problems

I haven't had intermittent loss of audio due to transmission. I did have a few times had to power off and on the DTA when it loses the audio. Must biggest complaint is the HD box will not provide digital sound to my audio system. The streaming services do.
A call to AB service and they think my system is incompatible with the DTA? Come on! I had the digital signal with the original DTA, and lost it when I got the new one!
Old 10-11-2019, 06:06 AM   #5
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

I've had the sound go out occasionally on mine. I shut it off and turn it back on and it's good to go. It hasn't happened often enough for me to complain to them.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #6
Barney Bear

Default Out of Sync

We also ocasionally lose our sound on our AB service at our place on East Bear Island. Our biggest complaint is the lack of sync between sound and lip movement on WMUR Channel 9. 🐻
Barney Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #7
ghfromaltonbay

Default Problem with FoxNews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi-1 View Post
Interesting, cause I have had problems with ME-TV skipping every 10th word in its audio stream, for a month. Tonight I had a conservative channel go offline due to "technical problems", followed by foxnews going offline (Spectrum) for 30 mins. One might draw conclusion from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-war-tensions
... Bring on the slams, but reality isn't some liberal dream.
There seems to have been a widespread problem with Fox News channel. Don't remember if it was Tues. or Wed. around 5:30 pm, but I was watching the channel thru my HD DVR set top box with no problem. I went into the kitchen to start dinner and the TV with an SD digital box had a blank screen & no sound when I turned on FOX. My TV works via Verizon FiOS here in NJ. At first I thought maybe the TV was the problem as it is over 10 yrs old, but all other channels worked, so I just listened to the show from the other room. Later, when talking to my parents, also in NJ, they mentioned they had the same issue. The problem was gone when I tried again at 7:30. Only the SD channel #118 had a problem. HD channel #618 worked fine. ????
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #8
Barney Bear

Default Cost Increase?

My bill for our AB bundle service on East Bear Island is about ten dollars more this month. An interesting charge is $1.00 for "paper statement fee." 🐻
Barney Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Caught us by surprise too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Bear View Post
My bill for our AB bundle service on East Bear Island is about ten dollars more this month. An interesting charge is $1.00 for "paper statement fee." 🐻
Caught us by surprise too. We had an issue with our service from the pole to the house. ABB came out and charged us for the visit. Called and got the charge reversed. Also had them send us a link to allow us to create an online account. Wife used link to create account and found out we were being charged for a paper statement.

We are on auto-pay which was supposed to save us money. They then charged us $1 to send us a paper statement. Changed that crap quickly.

Dave
Old 10-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #10
map

Funny- here in NY we have Spectrum internet based TV and we have been losing sound on ME 4TV and some other channels. We have to switch to another channel and then switch back and it comes on again. Weird.
map is offline   Reply With Quote