Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
MaryS

Default Best Lobster Roll---After Labor Day???

Hi Folks, wondering where is the best lobster roll....now that we are at/past Labor Day....places that remain open until at least Columbus Day??...Thanks
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
suem1011

Default Kevin's Cafe hands down

In my opinion, gotta be Kevin's Cafe! Enjoy.
suem1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
Grady223

Absolutely the best any time of year is the Downtown Market Grille on Railroad Ave in Wolfeboro - best I have ever had!
Grady223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady223 For This Useful Post:
Jagstersmom (08-29-2010)
Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Guess I will try Kevin's Cafe for lobster rolls.

Didn't know that Kevin's Cafe had lobster rolls. Are they open for lunch? I love the lobster rolls at The Bob House and they are priced at $12.99 and seved with either cottage fries, potato chips, cole slaw or cottage cheese. I will call Kevin's Cafe this week. I crave a good lobster roll evey week!! Thanks for this information.
LovelyToSeeYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Sam and Rosies in Center Harbor

They are unequivocally the best, IMHO. Agreeably, on the pricey side, but well worth every dollar. I have tried all "competing" lobster rolls, and others still do not "touch" the Sam and Rosie quality.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Cristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by suem1011 View Post
In my opinion, gotta be Kevin's Cafe! Enjoy.

AGREED!!! The best.
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
PennyPenny

Hi Folks, wondering where is the best lobster roll....now that we are at/past Labor Day....places that remain open until at least Columbus Day??...Thanks]

I would venture to guess that any place that is serving lobster rolls is the same frozen lobster they have been making them out of all year. I agree that different restaurants make them with different ingredients but still the same basic lobster. Price always varies and the quantity. It just isn't my first choice when I go out to eat. I always go for a chicken dish.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Cartmen&Martmen

Default Yummy Lobster Rolls!

I think a great place to grab a lobster roll after labor day and year round is the Lobster Pound, in the Weirs. The Lobster meat always tastes so fresh, I love it! I also like that it only has mayo, I'm not a huge fan of lobster rolls with celery in them so it makes me happy
Cartmen&Martmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmen&Martmen View Post
I think a great place to grab a lobster roll after labor day and year round is the Lobster Pound, in the Weirs. The Lobster meat always tastes so fresh, I love it! I also like that it only has mayo, I'm not a huge fan of lobster rolls with celery in them so it makes me happy
They are big and full of real lobster, I can attest to that.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #10
Rag Top Daze

Default How about 6 lobster rolls for about $25?

If you want some really GOOD lobster rolls for short money, head on over to the seafood counter at Shaw's and pick up a pound of their lobster salad. It really is a GOOD lobster salad. It's $23.99/#. That plus a package of hot dog rolls will make up at least 6 really nice lobster rolls. If you like lettuce with your rolls, you can get more than 6 from a pound. We like to lightly toast the rolls first. Some people prefer a different kind of roll. You can make them however you want them. The point is, the lobster salad at Shaw's is fantastic! It's ONLY lobster meat and light mayo. No fillers. (I am NOT a lover of Shaw's. In fact, I only go there for the lobster salad and their store brand 12 grain bread. That's all we buy there) If you have any doubts about the lobster salad, ask them for a little taste before you buy. I also like to ask them to make sure when they are spooning it up for me to include some big chunks (claws) in my purchase. Trust me....it's gooooooood!

I live for a rag top day
Rag Top Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
NHKathy

I really enjoyed Red Hill Dairy's lobster roll!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Rag top,I'm definately not knocking the Shaws lobster salad......just a point of interest.If you are getting 6 lobster rolls out of a pound of salad,that is only 2.6 oz per roll.I've never seen a lobster roll with less than 4 oz......some have 5 or 6.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
Rag Top Daze

Default Make 'em the way you like 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Rag top,I'm definately not knocking the Shaws lobster salad......just a point of interest.If you are getting 6 lobster rolls out of a pound of salad,that is only 2.6 oz per roll.I've never seen a lobster roll with less than 4 oz......some have 5 or 6.
If you're making lobster rolls at home, you can put how much you like into a roll. All a matter of personal likes. If you like to add celery to the salad and/or lettuce to line the roll, there is just so much room in a hot dog roll. The joys of fixing your own.

I live for a rag top day
Rag Top Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Thanks for the breakdown Samiam as I think most here would not know the amount in a typical LR.Given that,with a 4 oz serving,that comes out to $6,and 5oz is about $8 a piece.Pretty good deal.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #15
fpartri497

Default lobster sandwich

not a lobster roll but a sandwich at sandy point Is huge. It will cost you $20.00 but worth every penny.