Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Just Sold

Question Forum Fest III

Has anyone thought, planned or even discussed a Forum Fest for this year?
They have been a blast the last 2 years.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Gilly 20

Smile Forum Fest 3

I haven't heard, but sure want to make this one this year. The hurricanes in Florida have stumped us the past two years. September or even early October works for me!
Gilly 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up ForumFest 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold
Has anyone thought, planned or even discussed a Forum Fest for this year?
They have been a blast the last 2 years.
Why I think you just did ! So let's get the ball rolling and see if people are up for another this year. Perhaps Webmaster D could make this a sticky ? Let's see how many express any kind of interest and then we'll figure out a time and place (perhaps another poll). Personally "Mee" and me are just a wee bit busy this early Oct but pretty much open otherwise. Maybe a big summer raft-up at the Alton Sand Bar ? Or at the 'es ? Or maybe not. Perhaps we'll stick to Cate Park

[though I do think some form of mini-FF 'ing would be ]

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 07-28-2006 at 07:55 AM. Reason: vBulletin changed my title
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
Winni

Default Count us in!

We'd love to come to a Forum Fest! I've heard from Quilt Lady it was very nice last year. I'd like to be able to match some faces to handles!

My suggestion would be not to have it on the water, i.e. rafting, however, as perhaps some who would like to come may not have boats. Also, we couldn't do anything more until after mid-September...booked solid!

Does someone typically take charge of making this all work out? (No, I'm not volunteering!) Just wondering...
Old 07-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
Pepper

Count us in! But, as usual, anytime before Labor Day is a total impossibility for us.

I'm seconding the motion to make this thread a sticky! Let's see if we can make this year's FF even bigger than last years!

Winni - I'm reasonably certain that "Mac" was being facetious when he suggested the raft-up. Look at the locations he suggested. Also, the event is always a community effort of the members here, and it just sort of "comes together" without a whole lot of formal organization.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Question ForumFest Goes Live????

It doesn't look like there's a lot of shade here... but there was some talk of having ForumFestIII on this deck so that the event could be "televised" for the benefit of those who can't make it.....
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #7
WeirsBeachBoater

Default How about......

A dinner dance forum fest fall cruise on the Mount?
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #8
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
It doesn't look like there's a lot of shade here... but there was some talk of having ForumFestIII on this deck so that the event could be "televised" for the benefit of those who can't make it.....

mcdude - you just picked THE perfect place for FFIII. This way if anyone is unable to attend, it will be recorded on the web cam. Excellent idea !! I'm in for this, AND we also have built in entertainment for the tiny tikes if there are any with the arcade right next door - hell I like the arcade, the rollercoaster ride is a blast!

Maybe we can all go to the TAT parlor and get a FFF (Forum Fest Forever) tattoo. I'm sure someone could come up with a picture to go along with the words. However, it may take lots of these to get me in there.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater

A truly FABULOUS idea!

If we could arrange it, will you be in attendance? Because it's about time you with all of us!

Outlaw, it would take more than a few cocktails for me. You'd have to knock me unconcious and drag me in there against my will!

So - Dinner on the Mount Washington???????
Old 07-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #10
jkjoshuatree

Talking Dinner Cruise

Quote:

A think the dinner dance is a great idea.

However, I'm a straight, white male and don't think I'd be doing much dancing. I kind of resemble Elaine from Seinfield (if anyone has seen that episode).

But great idea!!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:41 AM   #11
Winni

Default Love it!

Quote:
I love this idea!!!

Pepper: You're right; rafting at the Witches could be a little tricky! Silly me!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #12
Just Sold

Talking Let's Get it Rolling

This is starting to sound very interesting and exciting. Who of you would and can co-ordinate this. Lets put a team together to plan it.

Don, since you already have a contact with the Pier owners could you find out if we could reserve the deck area? It is a great photo location too!http://www.winnipesaukee.com/weirscam/

I cannot put as much time into as I would like due to business and a major project we are starting but I will assist where ever I can.

I have put a poll attached to this thread to pick a date for a Forum Fest III. I took a shot a 3 dates based on when we had our last 2 Forum Fests.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #13
Winni

Default Willing to Help

I'm still interested in the Mt. Wash. M/V idea, the only problem being that my husband works Sat. afternoons, so it would depend on what time embarkation is. If it's on dry land, then a Sat. would be fine.

I'd be happy to help coordinate, but I am not available until about Sept. 6th. I'd be willing to do anything I can do to help starting about then.

I don't know how to put a pole up or even if I am allowed to on this site, but perhaps that would be the thing to do to determine where people would like to have the event. Don't want to be pushy...just a suggestion.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
Janet

I think the Mount Washington idea is great! Also the 23rd of September gives us out of town people a chance to book cheaper flights.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
Island Girl

Default I vote for land

I do like cruising on the Mount...but I think we will get more participants if we hold this on the land somewhere... that way people who can only drop in for a short while can attend.

The raffle was a great hit last year... (hint hint)

Just my two cents

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #16
mcdude

Red face One if by Land and Two if by Sea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl
...but I think we will get more participants if we hold this on the land somewhere... that way people who can only drop in for a short while can attend.
I concur Island Girl...kind of like a "drive-by" forum fest! People may just want to stop in. Others may have week-end guests and can only sneak away for a while. But it sounds like there is a lot of enthusiasm for cruising on the Mount as well. Aren't we talking about two different events...???? If folks want to go cruising on the Mount then GO FOR IT!

BTW JustSold: I didn't vote in the poll because all of the dates work for me.

Has anyone considered holding FFIII at the Alton Bay Community Center? (Old Railroad Station) It's right on the bay and near the docks. Rental for two hours shouldn't be too steep.....and just in case it is rainy? .....and it has bathrooms. Upthesaukee....would you know about rental costs?

....and how about holding the raffle to benefit the newly proposed Alton Bay Web Cam?
Old 07-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #17
Hermit Cover

Default I Agree...

with all of the above!!! Any date, any time, any place! And a big ol' raffle, too!
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #18
Winni

Default Fundraiser for St. Baldrick's?

How about making the event a fundraiser for St. Baldrick's?
Old 07-30-2006, 06:50 AM   #19
Waterbaby

Talking I vote one if by land........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winni
How about making the event a fundraiser for St. Baldrick's?
And I think this is a fabulous idea, Winni!!!!!!!!

I'm glad the FFIII is going to be on "this" side of the lake; I'd wanted to go to I and II but couldn't work it out. Weren't they on Sundays the last two years?
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #20
jetskier

Lightbulb A thought

How about a Forum Fest Poker Run? The proceeds go into Pepper's jar. There are a number of destinations that could serve as endpoints. If we set it up right, we could do both water and land.

A thought.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 PM   #21
Mashugana

Default Sept 23 is Rosh Hashanah

Rosh Hashanah starts Friday night Sept 22 and continues through Saturday September 23. Those observing the holiday will not be able to attend the forum fest on that date.
Mashugana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #22
Commodore

Wink FFIII on the deck

Is the deck under Weirs Cam the official FFIII meeting place or just one of the suggestions? The Weirs side is easier for me if only I can get the time. I am attempting to rearrange my schedule for the only day when I have possible wiggle room.

What is parking like around the Weirs in September?

Instead of Forum tattoos we should all wear similar garb, like:

Now, where to put the name tags. Maybe the women should get two.

Hope to see you all at FFIII. I will be there in person if I can or in spirit.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #23
Hermit Cover

Default Help?

Commodore....Can you tell me where I can get one of those "triangular bandannas" with the Lake Winni logo? I need it for when I cut my grass to keep that darned pollen out my respiratory system. I must have allergies... And if I ever rob a bank....could use it there...but they'd use the 'logo' to track me down. Oh, well! It was a good idea a minute ago.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #24
Pepper

OK Gang - we're floundering a little bit here, (and being a Marine I can't abide floundering ) so I've just read this thread from start to finish again, and have a few ideas to put forth. Perhaps they will generate some further discussion, as well as some additional input.

First - in respect to all the members of the forum who will be celebrating Rosh Hashanah, I would wholeheartedly suggest that we do not schedule the FF on 9/23.

That said, either of the other two dates is fine with me. On the poll, I officially cast my vote for the second weekend, but really don't have any pressing reason for that choice.

Now, with regard to location, I think I may have an idea which would accommodate a multitude of desires and schedules! I propose that we hold FFIII on the beach at Weirs Beach, beginning at approximately 1:00 in the afternoon. Here's why:

1.) All those who wish to arrive by boat will find ample space to dock.

2.) All those who drive in will find more than adequate parking available in the lot as well as on the street. Parking in the lot at that time of year is FREE I believe.

3.) Those who can only spare a short amount of time will be able to buzz in, visit and buzz out.

4.) The beach is always deserted at that time of year, so we'd have plenty of room to spread out, and those with children will have the fun of the beach and playground area to minimize boredom.

5.) It gives the "other side of the lake" an opportunity to host the event.

6.) We could have our "after-party" in the form of a dinner/dance cruise on the Mount!

7.) Prior to the cruise, we could storm the building, bust out onto the deck and wave at the Weirs Cam like crazy people, so all those who couldn't attend can see what a weird bunch of nuts we really are!

So, those are my thoughts. Who's next?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #25
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Who would ever disagree with a Marine

......My dad was one and I never thought to disagree with him....and well when an idea make sense..... you have to admit it..... The Wiers would be a good spot and makes alot of sense.... I am hoping to make it to meet some of you....I have found this forum to be very welcoming and have enjoyed the advice and conversations.............
Old 08-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #26
Merrymeeting

Default Sunday's?

Any chance we can consider doing this on a Sunday instead of a Saturday? As in prior years, I have to work on 2 of the 3 suggested days. I hate to keep missing FF!
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #27
mcdude

Default Alton Bay Community Center

Upthesaukee was kind enough to check on the availability of the Community Center (thanks Dave!) and regretfully it is booked the first two Saturday's of September.....so that's out. My only question about Weir's Beach would be....is there some kind of gazebo or picnic shelter there that could be utilized should it be drizzling out or otherwise inclement?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #28
Misty Blue

Default Helter-Shelter!

My wife, "Deb's Joy" has three tents that she uses for craft fairs (Outlaw knows) and they and the webber grill are ready and waiting for a shindig!

Good idea Pepper. You put the pep! in Pepper!
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:56 AM   #29
SIKSUKR

I like Sgt.Peppers suggestion.SIKSUKR will report for duty!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #30
Waterbaby

Default Second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
I like Sgt.Peppers suggestion.SIKSUKR will report for duty!
Aye Aye Sgt. Pepper, the plan sounds great!!!!!!! Now, who is going to somehow video the video of us all storming the deck so that we can all see it? (I'd offer, but that type of technology is so far beyond me it may as well be the Milky Way!!!)

That being said, lol, I live a bit away from the Lake but am more than willing to help organize this....... feel free to PM me with whatever I can help with!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #31
Hermit Cover

Default Need a date!

How do we go about deciding on a date and time? Looks like two Saturdays are leading the pack of 3 dates. Some may have to make plans to be off work, be in the area, cancel a golf date, rent a tux, save up to buy gas or get outta jail!! Any ideas? Just Sold, Pepper, Island Girl, Upthesaukee, mcdude, anyone? Any strong thoughts...I'd predict that it will be on the shifting sands of the Weirs and that it will be standing room only but we need a date...
Old 08-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #32
Island Girl

Default Sunday is better for me`

I would prefer a nice party to end a weekend. Saturdays are too busy for me...

....... Make Lemonade
Old 08-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #33
Pepper

Default Sundays are fine with me too!

I would also prefer a Sunday gathering over a Saturday gathering. Either of the two weekends are fine by me. You folks decide, and I'll be there.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #34
Grant

Has the date been set? I'd love to attend one of these things. The September dates are tough, with four kids heading back to school, etc., but I will be up in Sept. to begin the "closing" process. Where did this season go?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #35
Pepper

Default July 19, 2004

On that day, Grant posted a call to all interested in a "gathering". The resulting interest brought together many members, and started an annual event. The first ever was titled "Grant's Gathering" however the very soul who's idea brought together so many, was unable to attend.

Bearing this in mind, and reading in the post above that Grant will be in the area in September, I propose we allow Grant to set the date - thereby insuring that he will finally be able to join in the fun and experience first-hand what has resulted from his original idea.

All in favor say AYE ...

AYE
Old 08-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #36
Island Girl

Default Go for it

Aye

I will be there now matter when!!!

....... Make Lemonade
Old 08-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #37
Grant

You're too kind.

And crazy!

With four kids involved in multiple activities, my schedule is so subject to change that I need my wife to tell me where I'm supposed to be at any given moment.

So...while you're proposal is quite flattering and cool, you've got to go with the date that works for the masses! I'm determined to get to one of them...and if it happens when I'm up helping start the "closing" process in September, I will certainly be there.

Looking forward to returning to the Lake this Friday...a lot of diving to catch up on...
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #38
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
...With four kids involved in multiple activities, my schedule is so subject to change that I need my wife to tell me where I'm supposed to be at any given moment.
Then, by all means, have you wife tell us when to hold the Forum Fest!

Seriously though, if there's a certain date where you think there's even a REMOTE possibility that you could attend PLEASE ADVISE!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 AM   #39
Grant

Absolutely. Always looking for an "excuse" to head to the Lake.

A few weeks ago, it was time to take kids to camps.

This week, it's to pick up kids from camp, then spend a week of *real* vacation.

In September, I'll help my dad close up -- date subject to his schedule.

Last year we did it the same weekend as the antique boat races in Wolfeboro. Big fun.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #40
Pepper

Well now, according to the Winni.com event calendar, the Antique and Classic Boat show in Wolfeboro will take place on Saturday, September 30th.

I have no objection to that weekend (or any other) for a FF, so let's open up the discussion to include that weekend as well, shall we?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #41
Island Girl

Default No boat parking

When the antique boat show is there, we in boats have no parking.

....... Make Lemonade
Old 08-15-2006, 11:31 AM   #42
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl
When the antique boat show is there, we in boats have no parking.
But if we hold it at the beach in the Weirs, you'll have plenty of parking because all the other boats will be in Wolfeboro ...

Just a thought.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #43
Grant

And the 30th is kind of late in the season for many folks. Last year, it was around the 20th...

Regardless, I will watch here and make every effort to get my sorry butt up there when the Forum Geeks gather...
Old 08-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #44
Chris Exley

Default Hey Grant

If you head up, maybe we could ride together and save the money!
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #45
Hermit Cover

Default Why don't we set a date.....?

Looks like Sunday the 17th and Sunday the 24th are both the most popular dates if it is in fact going to be on a Sunday....since Saturdays tend to be "busy days". I would vote for the 17th..........Aye! That would be two votes since Mrs. HC won't allow me to go without her. Aye, Aye!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #46
Pepper

Default Ok, Hc!

Sounds good to me! Let's get this thing set in stone once and for all! I hereby cast my vote for Sunday the 17th!

Grant and Chris Exley - be there, or be square!

Anybody else wanna chime in with an "AYE" ?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #47
Mee-n-Mac

Default Aye Aye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Sounds good to me! Let's get this thing set in stone once and for all! I hereby cast my vote for Sunday the 17th!

Grant and Chris Exley - be there, or be square!

Anybody else wanna chime in with an "AYE" ?
Aye aye there Capt Bligh ! Now all I have to do is check with the Commander in Chief.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #48
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default errrrrrrrr

Well um here is the thing with the 17th....it is Race weekend.....I of course am a race fan....so that is where I will be....I am sure I am in the minority here.....So I will say it now have fun all and I will try and catch you next year....
Old 08-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #49
Lakegeezer

Default A vote?

I can't make Sunday the 17'th , but suggest that rather than a zillion replies, we use the voting tool for a yes/no poll.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #50
Merrymeeting

Default Works for me!

The 17th, or pretty much any Sunday in Sept works for me!
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #51
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin
Well um here is the thing with the 17th....it is Race weekend.....I of course am a race fan....so that is where I will be....I am sure I am in the minority here.....So I will say it now have fun all and I will try and catch you next year....

For the above stated reason, the 17th is a definate no for me too! I can't believe I forgot about the race. I'll be way to busy delivering food to the airplanes at Laconia, and there's no way I could make it that day! I'm so embarrassed that I didn't realize that was race weekend!

Please disregard the vote I cast prior to this post! Any other weekend will be fine with me.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #52
ghfromaltonbay

Default Forum Fest III

The weekend of Sept. 30th sounds good to me. If, as discussed in earlier parts of the thread, we pick a site on the western side of the lake for a change, then the antique boat show in Wolfeboro won't be a factor. I vote for either Alton Bay or Weirs. If there is bad weather and the community center isn't available, at least Alton Bay has the bandstand right next to the public docks.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 AM   #53
Winni

Default New vote?

Just returned from the most awful vacation of my life. Had our brand new Tundra, packed with half our life as we were out to camp for most of a month and which we use to pull our camping trailer, stolen in Montreal and now can't get any movement from the police up there to get a report sent to the insurance company. NEVER go to Montreal or Quebec City is my advice. It's not what it used to be 30 years ago; believe me. What a nightmare. Talk about "reality coming through the windows!" But, I digress...

Skimmed through the posts here today. Have to agree with Pepper. Sounds like we need a new vote started. Sept. 30th in Alton Bay sounds perfect to me. There is shelter available if rain (but, gosh, how likely is that? ). There is both land access and water access with plenty of boat docking that time of year.

Would a new vote including Sept. 30th and which place to have it be appropriate? Could you start that up, Don? Also, I still think a contribution to St. Baldrick's with just a big, fat cookie jar, would be great.

Or, just for fun, we could have a bidding auction of some sort. It might be fun to get some sponsors. I'm betting Alan and the people at Patrick's Pub would help with that; perhaps the folks at Laconia Airport would donate a scenic flight, and perhaps some of the restaurants, like Canoe, that have had some good coverage in the Restaurant forum might be willing, and maybe Rusty's group and others could through something in. I'd be willing to do some soliciting once I get my life back in order (or at least as much as possible). I am never in favor of Poker Runs; you all know not to get me started on my feelings about speed on the Lake!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #54
Winni

Default Addendum!

P.S.: How about making the event a true St. Baldwick's event? Let's have an auction, but with the donation you make to win "the prize" you or someone who is a "stand-in" for you, must shave their head to collect the prize? This could be a blast. We could aim to send Pepper's goal OVER THE TOP!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #55
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default St. Baldrick's and the Forum Fest

Hey All,

I'm a new guy here... want to say thanks to all of the nice folks I've "met" ... You Folks are terrific!

The boss (she who must be obeyed) and I are going to be in Maine on the date of the forum fest.. BUT..

I'd like to make a donation to the raffle... or better yet ... I'd like to see this item auctioned off.. my condition is that all the money go to Peppers "Jar"

I'll set an opening bid of $50... so if it dosen't go higher.. I'll bring a check to Pepper for the $50.

Could someone tell me where to drop it off..

This is a classic... not a repo... it's from 1909...and in great shape considering it's age.

I just won it last week on e-bay... but I figure it would be best to have it go to a good cause.

This framed would look great in your cottage or office....

Name:  a0970.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  35.8 KBName:  a0967.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  18.2 KB

SteveA
Old 08-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #56
Mee-n-Mac

Default Curious about raffle/auction items.....

Some of us (well, alright....Mee) are curious as to whether there will be a certain something available at the raffle/auction this year ? I believe Quilt Lady might know what I am referring to Depending on the date of the Forum Fest some of us may not be able to attend but we would like to have someone in attendance submit raffle tickets and/or bid for us ! Any advance information would be greatly appreciated

Thank-you,
Mee

P.S. Some of us would like to see an auction in lieu of a raffle....better odds of winning what I....errrr I mean what you want....and potentially more money can be raised for St. Baldricks !!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #57
Winni

Question Help?

Well, I've been throwing these ideas about an auction for St. Baldwick's out there, but I've also never been to a forum fest, so someone needs to tell us all how this all works. Does a "chairman" take charge of organizing the whole thing or does everything just sort of happen by accident? Those with experience...Speak!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #58
Quilt Lady

Default Guess what I'm bringing to the party?!?!

I was going to wait to mention it until a firm date had been set for the Forum Fest but since Mee n' Mac is chomping at the bit . . . the answer is yes, I will be bringing another quilt to offer up for raffle or auction. I will have DRH take a picture of it prior to the party so all can see. I will tell you this much . . . it's blue and white, has stars and some interesting curves. Now, please, don't start drooling on your keyboards!

(Doing my best to encourage Global Warming ... one quilt at a time!)
Quilt Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:56 AM   #59
Gilly 20

Smile Forum Fest Iii

Hi Guys-- I see we are running a tally of favorite dates for this year's forum, but I was hoping we could get a date firmed up. I live in Florida and would really like to make our ( wife and my) reservations as soon as possible. Not to influence anybody, but September 23 rd works best for us. We really would like to make our first FORUMFEST this year. Thanks-- and looking foward to meeting ya'll.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #60
DRH

Exclamation Decisions Needed!!!

Hey folks, we really do need to make some decisions for ForumFest III!!

Here's what we need to decide:

1. Date
2. Time
3. Location

Since September begins a week from tomorrow, and those who would like to come to the big event need to arrange their schedules, I think the most important of those three decisions is the date.

Quilt Lady and I plan to come no matter what date is set, but after reviewing all the posts above and considering the pros and cons of the various dates that have been suggested, let's make the date Sunday, September 24. I realize that date may not work for everyone, but unfortunately that's going to be the case no matter what date we choose. However, September 24 seems to be a date that doesn't conflict with any other event, religious observance, etc. Can we at least decide that September 24 will be the date?

As for the other two decisions, here are my votes:

Time: 1:00 PM - ???

Location: Weirs Public Beach for the get-together, then Waldo Peppers for food.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:49 PM   #61
Pepper

AYE!

September 24th is a wonderful date for FFIII!

I also concur with the 1:00PM at Weirs Beach for the location.

I would like to cast a different vote for the "after gather" though! Although I'm delighted at the prospect of lots of nice business on a Sunday afternoon, I'm absolutely certain that I would be "pressed into service". Therefore, I would once again like to propose a trip on the Mount for an apres-event.

Those are my votes, and I'm stickin' to em!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #62
Waterbaby

Default The Motion

I SECOND!!!!

And I agree with Pepper, she'd be pressed into service (including by herself lol), so the apres should be somewhere else. I wouldn't be able to do the apres, have to be at work down here early the next morning, but I sure would like to meet the Forum Folks!
Old 08-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #63
Pepper

It has recently (just now) been brought to my attention that some folks absolutely cannot commit to the entire evening on the Mount. As I think about it, there's probably a lot of folks who wouldn't be able to make a committment of the entire evening.

So, that said, I am now opening up the floor for further discussion with regard to the apres' gathering. If ya'll wanna go to our place then I'll jump behind the counter when needed. If other folks have other ideas, let's hear them too. Whatever works for everybody else is fine with me.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #64
Hermit Cover

Default Whew!!!!

Thought we'd never get there. The 24th is fine for HC and the Mrs.....

The Mt. Washington has a Sunset Dinner Cruise on schedule for that date....4:30 to 7 PM....$38.00 Sounds like another plan. I agree with Pepper....I'd hate to see her have to go to work on a National Holiday.....FF III ! Thanks DRH and QL for getting this thing off the dime.....
Old 08-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #65
mcdude

Thumbs up 1:00 sounds good!

I like the 1:00 start time. (Much earlier than in the past) I didn't think I would be able to make it on a Sunday....but at 1:00 I can swing by on my way back home from a week-end at the lake. Good thinking DRH!!! (now I'll have to come up with something for the raffle!)
Old 08-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #66
Gilly 20

Smile Sounds Good To Me!!!!

s september 24 works fine for me. if we meet at the weirs and just find a couple of picnic tables- that would be great. count me in to help-- and we'll keep pepper from behind the counter if we go there. the mount would be great, too.-- but i can see where it may take up more time for some members--it'll just be great to meet everybody.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #67
Pepper

OK then, since nobody else has taken the bull by the horns here, I will.

IT'S OFFICIAL

Forum Fest III
Sunday, September 24th
1:00 PM
The Beach at Weirs Beach

There! That's done.

Now it's time for all of us to start making plans for raffle items to bring with us!

Plus ... we're all likely to get a bit hungry while we're having so much fun, so perhaps some plans ought to be made with regard to that too. So, to get that part started, I hereby pledge to bring along some nice sandwich trays.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #68
Waterbaby

Angry Forum Fest and no Waterbaby

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! I was so looking forward to FFIII and now have found I cannot make it. I'm happy about the reason but not missing the event! My 11-year-old son has been nominated to become a "People to People" Student Ambassador, which is by invitation only after nominations are accepted and doesn't it figure the informational meeting is at 1:00 on the 24th, in Salem! It's actually a very exciting opportunity for him, don't know if he'll ever have it again so we must attend the meeting. I'll be thinking of you all though, and wishing for wonderful weather!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #69
Gilly 20

Smile Forum Fest III- We'll be there!

Amen, Pepper- Let us know what we can bring. We are really looking foward to it. Gilly 20
Old 08-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #70
Misty Blue

Default We're in!

DRH, Thanks for picking up the ball and making a decision.

I am a bit confused by the logistics. Is it on the beach? Would it help to bring the Webber and a pile of burgers and dogs?

We would love (and most probably will) finish up the afternoon with a cruise on the Mount. What a gas! But I have to warn you Pepper, when I put on my dance'n shoes....

Hermit Cover, do you want to head ovr to the Weirs with us on the Misty?

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #71
ghfromaltonbay

Default Sorry we can't make it for FF III!

GTXrider and I were hoping that we could attend (he for the 1st time and me for the 3rd) but unfortunately he will be working and I will also be here in Joisey that day. Oh well, as us Red Sox fans say, "maybe next year".
Old 08-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #72
Hermit Cover

Default What Fun.......

there is to be had at FF III. Mrs. HC and I will be in Meredith that day and will drive over from there, and appreciate the offer of a ride over from the 'cove', Misty Blue, but we will look forward to meeting you on the beach at the Weirs as well as all y'all. The Mount later in the afternoon is a great idea, too!....Don'tcha love it when a good plan starts coming together?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #73
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay
GTXrider and I were hoping that we could attend (he for the 1st time and me for the 3rd) but unfortunately he will be working and I will also be here in Joisey that day. Oh well, as us Red Sox fans say, "maybe next year".
Me too. Looks like I'll be there the week before, doing some chores for my dad and perhaps sneaking in a dive or two. But with the school year underway, it's hard to justify back-to-back weekends with 864-mile round trips... But, like you said, there's always next year! Looking forward to seeing the photos.

g
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #74
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs down Missing Forum Fest III

Gee, Grant, looks like those of us from the south are on the same schedule. I will be at the lake the weekend of the 16 & 17th as well -- starting the closing up chores. Hopefully I can stay for a full week which hasn't happened this year due to family illnesses. Maybe 2007 will be better and gtxrider and I can make Forum Fest IV.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #75
Quilt Lady

Default Raffle Quilt

As promised, here is a picture of the quilt I'm offering for the ForumFest III Raffle to benefit Pepper's jar. It is 48" X 71" and all cotton, inside and out. Unfortunately, no photograph can capture the beauty of the white on white hand quilting, most notable on the back. You'll have to see it in person! Someone is going to go home very warm and happy!

The actual colors of the quilt are blue and white. The background color below looks a bit pinkish on my monitor, but it is actually pure white.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #76
mcdude

Thumbs up

nice job Quilt Lady!!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #77
Waterbaby

Default Gorgeous!!!!!!

QL, that quilt is absolutely beautiful, and my colors!!!!!!! This next is to you and everyone else........ is there a way to purchase raffle tix for certain items even if we cannot be at the FF? I think I read there was but to be quite honest, just don't feel like going through all of the previous posts for the answer!

Thanks in advance.......

WB
Old 09-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #78
Pepper

QuiltLady - once again you've created a stunning quilt! Bless your hands!!!

WaterBaby - I hadn't thought about "outside sales of tickets" but it sure is a good idea! I am still in possession of the gigantic roll of numbered raffle tickets, and I'm sure I could come up with a way to have folks "order tickets". I'll set up a chart with columns for name, amount, and ticket numbers (which is easy because they're sequential). Checks for payment of these tickets should be made payable to "St. Baldrick's Foundation".

Does that help???
Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #79
Pepper

OK folks, I have received some exceptional wisdom about how this could be accomplished - and I definately think this is an easy thing to accomplish!

Here's what folks wishing to "pre-buy" raffle tickets will need to do:

1.) Drop off your request along with a check payable to St. Baldricks's Foundation. This can be done any time Waldo's is open. I'll instruct my staff in the event I don't happen to be there.

2.) If unable to drop off your request in person, it can be mailed to Waldo Peppers at P.O. Box 5273, Weirs Beach, NH 03237. If requests are mailed I respectfully request that they be mailed no later than one week prior to FFIII, so that I have time to receive and record them! (Getting to our P.O. Box can be a real challenge, as the Weirs Beach Post Office has extremely short hours each day - most of which fall during my busiest parts of the day. That's why I'm asking for so much advance time. )

3.) Please be certain to provide the following information along with your request:

A.) Your forum Screen name
B.) E-mail address so that I may contact you with your ticket numbers, and advise you if you've won anything at the raffle.
C.) Information regarding how you wish to "claim" your prize (eg. shipping, direct pick-up, etc.)
D.) Correct shipping address in the event your prize needs to be shipped
E.) Telephone number in the event I am not able to contact you via email for any reason.

I'm trying to make sure I cover all possible bases here, but if anybody sees anything that I've missed, PLEASE post here with your insights!!!!!!!

Now, with all that said, there's one more important topic to address here: Items for raffle! If my reading of this thread is correct, so far we have two beautiful items to raffle - SteveA's map, and QuiltLady's quilt. Photos of both are embedded above for all to view (and boy-oh-boy are they NICE items).

So, who else wants to commit an item for raffle?
Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #80
Pepper

One more thing! As I receive pre-buy requests, I will post here with the member's name and ticket numbers, so not only will it be a matter of public record thereby assuring fairness, it'll also give folks a preview of our progress!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #81
ghfromaltonbay

Default How much are the tickets?

One quick question: How much $ for each ticket?

Thanks, Pepper, for making this possible for those of us "from away". Hopefully I can drop my check off in person.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #82
Pepper

One quick answer - one ticket, one dollar. Same as last year.

I, too, hope you can make your request in person! (tell your Dad he's ready for a road trip!)
Old 09-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #83
Just Sold

Cool Celebrate FF III Sept. 24

A BIG Thank You to Pepper and those others who are coordinting this years FFF III.
I have not been able to participate in any planning etc. as Pepper knows but I am planning to be there the 24th.
Get a look at the # of views of this thread - so there has to be interest in this years FF III.

RG are you planning on a repeat raffle win this year? If so I know someone who will be lurking around to beat you out! May the best person win!!!!

Last edited by Just Sold; 09-03-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Just Sold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #84
Waterbaby

Default Who's the BEST?????? PEPPER, that's who!

Thanks Pepper -- you are truly the BEST!
Old 09-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #85
gtxrider

Default The check is in the mail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay
Gee, Grant, looks like those of us from the south are on the same schedule. I will be at the lake the weekend of the 16 & 17th as well -- starting the closing up chores. Hopefully I can stay for a full week which hasn't happened this year due to family illnesses. Maybe 2007 will be better and gtxrider and I can make Forum Fest IV.
Any body want to take a chance on blanket (quilt)?
I don't know how this happens but I am working again. Perhaps we will meet some of you in the winter. It is only a few short months away.... Do I hear bed races?
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #86
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrider
Any body want to take a chance on blanket (quilt)?
Absolutely! Can't be there in person, but would sure like to take a chance on that quilt!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #87
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up FFIII Is Coming Along!

Quote:
A BIG Thank You to Pepper and those others who are coordinting this years FFF III.
Yes, thank you Pepper and others!

Quote:
RG are you planning on a repeat raffle win this year? If so I know someone who will be lurking around to beat you out! May the best person win!!!!
Are you crazy? I am not going to risk the wrath of Mee! I will be placing my tickets in other raffle items thank you.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #88
Mee-n-Mac

Wink Wrath you say

"Mee" says she'll be bringing cookies and Mexican bean dip. We can bring table(s) again if needed. Any guess on how many are planning to be there so I can figure out soft drinks & waters ? Perhaps we should do a final tally poll ? Lastly, have no fear RG, bid away.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #89
Pepper

Mee - glad to know you'll be baking and cooking again! MMMMMMmmmmmm!!!

Mac - good idea about the tables! Also, I have one we can make use of too!

A running tally is also a great idea! Perhaps if I start a list here, folks can do a cut-n-paste of the list and add their names, so we'll constantly have a freshly updated list at the top! So, here goes with all those I know for sure are coming, along with a few who are gonna try their darndest to make it ...

Mee-n-Mac 2
Pepper & Waldo 2
DRH & QuiltLady 2
Island Girl 1?
Just Sold 1?
Rattlesnake Gal 1?
Diver1111 1?
HermitCover 2
McDude 1?
Misty Blue 1?
Gilly20 2?
PaulS 2
SteveA 2 hopefully
Newbiesaukie 2 hopefully

So, it looks like at least 17 so far, plus four more hopefullys, and I'm hoping a lot more names will appear!!!!! Also, for those with question marks next to your numbers, would you kindly post and update your number?

This is gonna be fun!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:18 AM   #90
Island Girl

Default Count me in

Mee-n-Mac 2
Pepper & Waldo 2
DRH & QuiltLady 2
Island Girl 2
Just Sold 1?
Rattlesnake Gal 1?
Diver1111 1?
HermitCover 2
McDude 1?
Misty Blue 1?
Gilly20 2?
PaulS 2
SteveA 2 hopefully
Newbiesaukie 2 hopefully

....... Make Lemonade
Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #91
riverat

Mee-n-Mac 2
Pepper & Waldo 2
DRH & QuiltLady 2
Island Girl 2
Just Sold 1?
Rattlesnake Gal 1?
Diver1111 1?
HermitCover 2
McDude 1?
Misty Blue 1?
Gilly20 2?
PaulS 2
SteveA 2 hopefully
Newbiesaukie 2 hopefully
Riverat 2
Old 09-05-2006, 08:09 AM   #92
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Cout Us In!

You can could Rattlesnake Guy and I in!
Not sure yet what I will bring, hopefully some goodies and a raffle item.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #93
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts
Default Forum Fest

I'll be there.
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #94
Pepper

Updated per the previous two posts ...

Mee-n-Mac 2
Pepper & Waldo 2
DRH & QuiltLady 2
Island Girl 2
Just Sold 1?
Rattlesnake Gal 2
Diver1111 1
HermitCover 2
McDude 1?
Misty Blue 1?
Gilly20 2?
PaulS 2
SteveA 2 hopefully
Newbiesaukie 2 hopefully
Riverat 2

So we're up to 21 for sure, and 4 hopefully. Who else???
Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #95
Island Girl

Default Where are last year's attendees?

See last year's Forum Fest... http://www.rattlesnakecam.com/ff2/ff2.htm

Come on folks... are you comin'?

....... Make Lemonade
Old 09-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #96
ghfromaltonbay

Default Maybe next year!

Sorry, IG:

I will be at the lake the previous weekend, can't make the 24th.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #97
Just Sold

UPDATE 9/5/06

Mee-n-Mac 2
Pepper & Waldo 2
DRH & QuiltLady 2
Island Girl 2
Just Sold 1
Rattlesnake Gal 2
Diver1111 1
HermitCover 2
McDude 1?
Misty Blue 1?
Gilly20 2?
PaulS 2
SteveA 2 hopefully
Newbiesaukie 2 hopefully
Riverat 2
Old 09-06-2006, 12:57 PM   #98
MikeWelsch1559

Default invite

What is the Form FestIII?
Can i get a invite i feel like i am part of the lake.

Thank You,

MIKE WELSCH
MikeWelsch1559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #99
Quilt Lady

Default That's easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWelsch1559
What is the Form FestIII?
Can i get a invite i feel like i am part of the lake.
Forum Fest is a casual gathering of the various people who post on this site. This is it's third year and each year gets better and better. In order to become a part of the great event, you simply have to show up and slap on a name tag. How easy is that! I'm sure Pepper will insist that you attend since you have such a connection to the lake and good causes as well. We talk, eat and have a good time putting faces to screen names. Then there is the raffle . . . always for a good cause. Speaking of which . . . how about some more raffle items!! We need more stuff to raffle off. Anybody got some good stuff??

Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #100
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default We will be there

Hey all,

Pepper can take us off the possible list... SteveA & "She who must be obeyed" will be at FF III.

I'll bring a big pot of my Chilli....

SteveA