Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
video tours NE

Default 'Destination Winnipesaukee' DVD

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum because I`d heard it`s a great place to learn about the lake, the culture, the towns, boating secrets, tips etc ..
My company is now in production for a new video all about Lake Winnipesaukee and the surrounding communities. We are very excited about this project and have been working very hard researching the history, the activities and current events around the lake, navigation, launches/parking, docking areas, day cruises, danger zones, recommended resorts, lakeside cottages, restaurants, and much more...
We have been shooting video for a few months, from shore and aboard our Aquasport 215 Explorer, and will continue shooting footage until end of October. The DVD will be released and sold in stores all around the lakes region in April 2006. And, online at our website!

It seems to me that the members of this forum are very involved and knowledgeable about this beautiful Lake. I was advised by Barbara at Waldo Peppers and Fred at Proctor's Lakehouse Cottages to join and make some friends and contacts.
So .. here I am .. anxious to get to know some of you, maybe get some ideas and input from you .. :-)

I am interested in little-known secrets and stories that will help make
this DVD exceptional .. entertaining .. educational and valuable
.. to tourists as well as locals !

Please check out the new site: (and see a preview video)
www.destinationwinnipesaukee.com

Thanks for a great forum ! :-)

-Mike Comeau

VideoTours New England
www.vtne.com
Dover, NH
------------------------
video tours NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
KonaChick

Perhaps the best little known secret is that we don't share out little known secrets otherwise they wouldn't be secrets anymore!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Very impressive, Mike! Looks like a must for the video collection at the cottage.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
phoenix

agree with McDude. will be great for those of us who don't spend the winter at the lake ( i suppose also for those who do) to see what to look forward to. Get up to Moultonboro general store and see the northern end of the lake
Old 08-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
trfour

Post I do!

spend the winters here!.... And take pride in being a part of the Wonderful Team Winnipesaukee.com! Want to enjoy photos, or look up history, and there is tons and tons more!

You all make us Proud!!

Love,
T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
video tours NE

Question Thanks !

Thanks, mcdude and phoenix for your supportive comments ! I really appreciate it !! :-)
I would love to find that General Store in Moultonboro. It`s right on the water, is it ?

That area is beautiful, but I get nervous with the rocks, shallow areas, black and red markers I'm often unsure about .. (stay north, stay west .. etc)
Ever since I ruined my prop hitting rocks a few years ago in that 6-pack area ... (it was only a 5-pack when I hit :-(

Question: Should I spend a lot of time in the DVD showing out-of-towners this risky area of the lake and encourage them to boat right in ?
Or, should I just keep them cruising the (safer) deep lake and the surrounding towns ?
What are your thoughts, guys ?

Thanks,
Mike
-----------------
Old 08-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
Cal

Can't wait till 04/06
Old 08-08-2005, 06:35 AM   #8
Paugus Bay Resident

Opening of the video shows a couple of kids riding on the deck of a boat that's underway. You may want to edit that out since its illegal and very dangerous. Other than that, nice video. Sorry to be a nitpicker
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:25 AM   #9
islandAl

Default schedule time for steamboats

Sept 9th to the big parade on Sunday 18th based at Lees Mills Moultonboro. Typically 50-75 steamboats of various size and style.
islandAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
KonaChick

My reply was tounge in cheek for those who need it clarified! It does remind me of a funny story though. Last summer my husband and 9 year old son were out on our raft watching a bass boat fishing near our cove. My son started calling over to them. When my husband asked my son why he was calling to them he replied "So I can tell them where all the best fishing spots in our cove are!" My husband promptly cupped his hand over my sons mouth and just waved..ahhhh the innocence of youth.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #11
dpg

Interesting, please keep us informed as to when (and where) it's for sale.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #12
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident
Opening of the video shows a couple of kids riding on the deck of a boat that's underway. You may want to edit that out since its illegal and very dangerous. Other than that, nice video. Sorry to be a nitpicker
Actually, riding on the deck (as shown in the video preview) is not illegal, but might be dangerous as you stated. Straddling the bow is illegal.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #13
Orion

Post promoting navigation

VT-NE,
I would certainly not discourage anyone from using any part of the lake out of fear of hitting bottom, but make sure to stress the importance of following a good navigation chart (there are several available) and ALWAYS knowing exactly where you are. The charts show (by dotted lines) what sides of the bouys to stay on. There are some tricky areas, but the key is to know where you are - ALWAYS. If you are not sure of your navigation skills, then you might want to stear clear of areas like The Graveyard, Pistol Island, the Varney Islands, Upper Moultonborough Bay, the Witches, and others.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
video tours NE

Default Thanks !

Thanks, Orion .. and Seaplane Pilot and all of you who have posted comments and support for our project. Your thoughts and opinions are all valuable.
I will be showing markers in the water, my compass, my Chart and using voice-over to describe where we are, nearby landmarks & hazards, where we're headed, etc. :-)

Tomorrow we're putting a videographer aboard the Sophie C as she delivers mail to Sandy, Birch and Jolly islands .. shooting from my boat as well. Should be a nice informative segment with all the narration they provide.

On another note, if any of you have a piece of beautiful waterfront property and a dock, and would allow us to come over for a few shots of your view, we'd be very grateful ! In fact, we'd give you dinner for two at a nice restaurant in the area.
:-)

Thanks,
Mike
-----------------------
Old 08-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #15
Mee-n-Mac

Default Show it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by video tours NE
{snip} Question: Should I spend a lot of time in the DVD showing out-of-towners this risky area of the lake and encourage them to boat right in ? Or, should I just keep them cruising the (safer) deep lake and the surrounding towns ?
What are your thoughts, guys ?

Thanks,
Mike

I guess it depends on what you're trying to achieve with your DVD, primarily being educational or primarily general interest and entertainment. Since you asked I would have a segment showing some of the "easy to get caught in" places and where they're located (perhaps using a chart as well). Kind of a "lake as a beautiful but demanding mistress" thing, with clips of the tricky places. Alternately if your video is in the form of a grand tour of the lake*, I would mention each hazard as it comes up during the tour. Perhaps a what to look for, what to look out for, format. I would encourage you to encourage others, as we encourage people here, to buy one of the lake charts and use it. Hmmmm ... perhaps showing the route to be taken on a chart, noting any hazards to be avoided, and then showing the lake via the video camera would be a way of accomplishing twin goals of showing the lake while being informative without needlessly scaring off people. At the same time it would encourage (where o where is my thesaurus) people to buy and use a lake chart. {I guess Orion beat me to it }

Good luck with your endeavour. I wouldn't know where to start to try and show the lake on a video and capture all the "neat" spots while keeping the length to something under a Kevin Costner film.

*Now that I think of it, emulating Fritz Weatherby's format would work. Knew I was getting the idea from somewhere

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 08-09-2005 at 08:11 PM. Reason: attribute F. Weatherby
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #16
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot
Actually, riding on the deck (as shown in the video preview) is not illegal, but might be dangerous as you stated. Straddling the bow is illegal.
Not to be nit picking myself, but NH Law states:

Riding on Bow, Gunwales or Transom is allowing passengers to ride on a vessel in places where there may be a chance of falling overboard while underway. This includes passengers straddling the bow, or riding on the gunwales or trans.

Here's the link to the full web site for those who are interested in learning more about NH Laws & Responsibilities: http://www.boat-ed.com/nh/handbook/oper.htm

Granted the children are wearing PFD's which is a good thing and shows an effort for safe boating, but allowing passengers to ride on any boat on the bow, which is not a bow rider is considered unsafe and probably not the 'best' image to include in this video.

The overall video is a great idea and you've captured many nice things. Good Luck with this.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #17
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Smile My Two Cents

Welcome to the forum, video tours NE. Looks like you have a winning idea!
Don't forget to include the beautiful MS Mount Washington! She's been part of the lake for sixty-five years now.
If you are brave enough... some footage of The Broads when the waves are high would be good, also when it is smooth as glass. Lake Winnipesaukee has many faces.
Are you going to include any other seasons?
The Rotary Fishing Derby in February would be an excellent addition. Lots of cool bob houses, snowmobiles and vehicles on the ice then Most people don't get to see the lake when the water is stiff. I thought is was incredible when all the trucks and cars were heading off the ice in Center Harbor at dusk.
Video taken from Abenaki Tower, Rattlesnake Island or Mount Major might be valuable to you as well.
Good luck in your venture. I am looking forward to seeing the movie!
RG

Last edited by Rattlesnake Gal; 08-17-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:15 PM   #18
video tours NE

Thanks for your input! We do have footage of the MS Mount Washington. We had a crew onboard filming at Ice Out last April...very cool. We do plan on mentioning the Fishing Derby although I'm afraid we won't have any footage seeing that we start editing early winter. We do, however, have some great winter footage from last year. Icy lake, snow covered trees....simply breathtaking. As for your other suggestions- thanks! Rattlesnake Island is beautiful and will definitely be mentioned as well as shown from water (we have a boat that we film on so there is tons of footage of the lake from a boaters perspective). We'll keep everyone posted with how the DVD is coming along!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #19
video tours NE

Default Best sunrise footage CONTEST

For those of you who know about the Destination: Winnipesaukee DVD (due to come out April 2006), the documentary's progress is coming along very well. For those of you who don't know about it check out the up and coming website www.destinationwinnipesaukee.com for a 2 minute preview of the DVD as well as some background info.

THE CONTEST: Mike and I were thinking it would be fun to put together a little contest for those of you who have video cameras. We're looking for some spectacular sunrise footage. From the looks of some of the still photos I've checked out in the photo gallery, I know many of you have amazing views of the lake from your homes or from some of the many 'secret' places around Lake Winni.

For those of you interested, the winner of the contest will get $50 and an acknowledgment in the DVD.

HOW IT WORKS: (note: you don't have to be a computer wizard to be in the contest). Email Mike at m.comeau@comcast.net after you have you're FABULOUS sunrise footage. You can either send him a streaming clip of the video or just simply let him know where and when we can pick up the video tape (we're up at the lake all the time shooting). Make sure to include your name, address, and phone number (optional) in the email so we can contact you if you've won.

Once we've viewed all the entries we will post the winner on the forum and you will receive your $50!!

Feel free to respond to this post with any comments/questions, etc.

-Cheryl
VideoToursNE
www.vtne.com
Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #20
KTO

Oh darn! I have a video camera, but instead of filming the sunrise, I just took a picture!!! Darnit! Oh well, I'll just have to wait...when does this contest end?
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:31 AM   #21
video tours NE

Default Sunrise

Hi !
Thanks for your reply and interest !

yes, please shoot video if you can, with the camcorder on a tripod or other solid surface, aim and focus on the horizon .. a medium-wide shot .. roll the tape just as the sun begins to appear and record for about 10-15 minutes .. I`d like a nice long shot of the actual rise from the horizon.
Then, in editing, I can speed it up ...
The exposure level (brightness) has to be correct too, so that the shot isn`t too bright when the sun appears.

What do you think ? Can you pull it off ? :-)

-Cheryl

VTNE
----------------------
Old 09-13-2005, 08:37 AM   #22
KonaChick

Perhaps the classified section on the website would be a better place to advertise this??
Old 04-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #23
Rattlesnake Gal

Wink Dreaming of the DVD

So how are things coming along with "Destination Winnipesaukee"?
Looking forward to seeing it!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #24
video tours NE

Default New Winnipesaukee DVD

Thought all the Lake locals would be interested to know that the DVD on Lake Winnipesaukee is almost finished! The deadline is April 30th and hopefully it will be in stores around the lake and available online come early May. The name of the video is Destination Winnipesaukee and it will serve as a travel guide to the lake: where to eat, stay, fish, how to navigate safely around lake, etc. We're really excited about the end product...its going to be fantastic!

Cheers,

Cheryl
VTNE
Old 04-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #25
video tours NE

Default DestinationWinnipesaukee...help with DVD cover

Hello everyone,

So as I have mentioned before, the DVD is very close to being finished! It's a very exciting time for us here at VideoTours, and with the end in sight we are reaching out to the Winnipesaukee Forum once again for help.

We are looking for really great still shots of the Lake to put on the DVD's cover. We want a variety so not just the Lake itself, but people, boaters, islands, fishing, waterskiiers, sunsets, etc. I've seen the Forum Gallery people so I KNOW you've got some great stuff! If you have a really wonderful picture that you want to show off, email us at M.comeau@comcast.net with the picture. If we choose your entry we will give you a FREE copy of the DVD once it is released next month.

We continue to post on this forum because many of you have been such a big help with answering questions, contributing some video (*ahem* rattlesnakegal ), and much more! So on behalf of the staff here at VideoToursNE....THANK YOU!!

-Cheryl
VTNE.com
Old 06-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #26
Janet

Default Destination Winnipesaukee DVD

Does anyone have an idea when the DVD will be ready for order? I've sent emails to the company and have heard no response. Their website, www.vtne.com says the DVD would be ready end of May. Hello, this is June 16th
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #27
ghfromaltonbay

Cool Possible scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Does anyone have an idea when the DVD will be ready for order? I've sent emails to the company and have heard no response. Their website, www.vtne.com says the DVD would be ready end of May. Hello, this is June 16th
I'm wondering if this company scammed local businesses for free services. The guy taking the pictures down our way got a few free nights at Sandy Point (said it was good publicity for the place), probably got freebies from other merchants in the area as well. Then came back and said the film he took there was "lost" and came back again to do some re-takes. Never heard anything more and now they are more than 6 weeks late with ordering availability. Something doesn't sound right here.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:37 PM   #28
NHFreedom

Default order online

I noticed that you can order the video online through their website.
http://destinationwinnipesaukee.com/order.php

It says "allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery".

Has anyone ordered and received the video yet?
NHFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:59 AM   #29
Janet

Default Thanks NHFreedom

for the info. When I checked their website Friday night the order information wasn't there. I just ordered so we'll see what happens. Probably should have ordered an extra copy - I've worn out my "On Golden Pond" DVD trying to get my fix of the lakes region. Most of the lakes (?) in Texas are holes the Army Corp of Engineers have dug and filled with water.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #30
Hermit Cover

Default The Video is in the mail...

Thanks ....I just received confirmation for the order I placed for the Winnipesaukee video...I can't wait. I hope it doesn't take 3 to four weeks as they allowed...I've been anticipating this DVD since April when it was finished.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #31
Gilly 20

Smile Best Little Known secret

AMEN_KONACHICK-- I got to know the lake in the 60's. It's truely God's Countryit's secrets are between the visitor and Him.-- and like Ralph the dog from the baked beans commercial--"I'm not talkin!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick
Perhaps the best little known secret is that we don't share out little known secrets otherwise they wouldn't be secrets anymore!
Gilly 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #32
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay
I'm wondering if this company scammed local businesses for free services. The guy taking the pictures down our way got a few free nights at Sandy Point (said it was good publicity for the place), probably got freebies from other merchants in the area as well. Then came back and said the film he took there was "lost" and came back again to do some re-takes. Never heard anything more and now they are more than 6 weeks late with ordering availability. Something doesn't sound right here.
This company has shot videos for my daughter's dance school, they are certainly for real.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #33
Waterbaby

Default Maybe.........

Hey Codeman! Do you live near them? Could you maybe call them and ask about the availability of the vid, where it's available, etc etc etc? Judging by the response here on the forum there's going to be a big call for their video, and since people here have been so helpful to them perhaps said people could get better service than 3-4 week delivery and do word-of-mouth advertising for them. Just a suggestion, and thanks.
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 PM   #34
codeman671

Sure, I will try tomorrow. They are 5 minutes down the road.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #35
Rattlesnake Gal

Red face Winni DVD

I have been in contact with them - the DVD is in the final stages. They are working on the DVD cover. I’ve been assured it is worth the wait.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #36
codeman671

I called as well, 7-8 days more is the expectation. They are doing the final voice-overs now. Since I live in Dover and am in Gilford every weekend I certainly would do what I can to help distribute these.

Maybe Pepper should sell them in the restaurant! Lobsta rolls and dvds for everyone...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #37
video tours NE

Default "Destination Winnipesaukee" needs help ...

Hi all,

The DVD is in it`s final stages and should be done soon. I have a question and need an answer, please, ASAP.
I had heard a story that Sally's Gut was named after a woman who dared to speed through this waterway at full throttle .. and I was planning to talk about this legend in the DVD. Now, in this thread, I see nothing to corroborate that story.

Has anyone else heard this ?

Thanks,
Mike

---------------------------------------
Old 06-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #38
video tours NE

Default Coming soon ... the DVD

Having not read this forum for quite some time, I was happy to see that so many of you are anxiously awaiting the release of this DVD. It`s way past my April deadline, I realize, but it`s just a much bigger project than I had anticipated.
For the guy who implied my company is a scam, why would I have gone back to Sandy Point to re-shoot some footage if I was scamming him ? Even Hollywood producers make mistakes and lose footage now and then. It happens. I am for real, everyone, and this video is taking longer than I`d hoped. That`s all.
Please forgive me.
I`m not going to rush and do a half-assed job just to get it finished quickly. I`d rather postpone the release date and do it right. :-)

Anyway .. can anyone help with this ?

I had heard a story that Sally's Gut was named after a woman who dared to speed through this waterway at full throttle .. and I was planning to talk about this legend in the DVD. Now, in this thread, I see nothing to corroborate that story.

Thanks,
Mike

---------------------------------------
Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #39
Waterbaby

Default Sally's Gut

Hi Mike. I've been on the Lake, off and on, for most of my life, and have heard that story also...... perhaps you should Google "Sally's Gut" to see what you come up with? If nothing else, you may find some interesting legends...... In fact, I think I may do that myself -- Google, that is! Looking forward to the release!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #40
Waterbaby

Default Thanks!

Thank you CM! I live a little further south than you do, so it wasn't an easy run for me. Thanks again!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #41
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
...Maybe Pepper should sell them in the restaurant! Lobsta rolls and dvds for everyone...
That's been the plan all along! Can't wait to see the final product!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 AM   #42
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by video tours NE

well Video tours -- I'd say you best leave this one alone ......... no collaboration ...... best to only point the site out than to give rationalization to it's naming -- when there are at least 3 stories out there!
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:29 AM   #43
video tours NE

Default The DVD is done !

Hi everyone,

The Destination Winnipesaukee DVD cover is at this URL:

http://vtne.com/DVD%20cover.pdf

If there is a chance that we used one of your photos, please have a look and tell me which ones belong to you .. we want to give proper credit on the cover to each of you.

Please email me at m.comeau@comcast.net

I will be up at the lake this weekend, bringing the finished DVD to some stores, shops, advertisers, etc ..
:-))

Thank you all for your support ! .. and patience !

-Mike Comeau

VideoTours New England
www.vtne.com

-----------------------------------------------
Old 07-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #44
Hermit Cover

Smile DVD...and the USPS

Hello, Mike....

Glad to hear the distribution process is underway for the long-awaited Winni DVD. While you're traveling around the lake dropping these hot-off-the-presses copies...why don't you drop some off at the Post Office so those of us not at the lake this week can get our pre-ordered copies. Just a suggestion. Thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #45
Janet

Default I second that Hermit Cove

Please drop some off at the post office for those of us that have ordered, paid and have been waiting. It's a long way from Texas to NH. Hard to run up and pick up a copy!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #46
video tours NE

Default Pre-paid orders, yes !

Yes, I`ll be mailing out copies in a day or two.

Thank you all for your patience !

-Mike

-----------------
Old 07-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #47
video tours NE

Default Correct Link to cover

http://vtne.com/DVDcover_new.pdf

This link should work.

Please let me know if your photo is shown here.
Email me at m.comeau@comcast.net

Thank you very much

Mike

www.vtne.com

--------------------
Old 07-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #48
Dave R

Is the DVD in any local stores yet?
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #49
video tours NE

Default Finally ..

OK, the DVD is finally done, packaged, ready for store shelves ! I`ll be up at the lake Friday and Saturday bringing them to all our supporters, gift shops, Waldo Peppers, etc. Gonna be around, Barbara ? ;-)

I can`t tell you how happy I am to have finally finished this project. Whew !Now I can get back to my life ! .. do some boating on the Lake !

Also, everyone who has ordered Destination Winnipesaukee will see it in their mailbox in 2-3 days. The website orders were all shipped today.

Thank you !

Mike Comeau

VideoTours NE
Dover, NH

-----------------------------------------
Old 07-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #50
Pepper

Mike - I'll be around all day and all evening tomorrow through Sunday, so drop in whenever it's convenient for you. Can't wait to see you, and REALLY can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #51
sawyers_point_girl

I may have missed this in the threads above but where can we purchase the DVDs besides online? What stores specifically? We are located on the east side of the lake....

Thanks!!
sawyers_point_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #52
Just Sold

Talking Got My Copy

We got our copy of the DVD yesterday and watched most of it, until we fell asleep. (Getting older is tough isn't it)

It is very well done and we enjoyed it very much. A popular wakeboarding dog from the lake even made the back cover of the DVD. http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...500&ppuser=176

RG is he demanding residuals now.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #53
Hermit Cover

Default Video....

The long-awaited Winnipesaukee DVD has arrived by mail and is it ever terrific. Not just a wonderful travelogue, it is sure to become a staple in our collection of frequently watched videos in the Hermit Cover video library. And I'm sure no one would ever guess to get additional copies to send to friends and kids and grandkids. Mike, in our humble opinion you've done a great job. Thanks ........Hope you don't sell out til we order more copies.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #54
Janet

Default Video

Received mine in the mail today as well. Well worth the wait and price. Nice job Mike! We're leaving tomorrow for Lake of the Ozarks for a week. I'm taking my DVD so I can show people what a real lake is like. How I wish Lake Winni was not so far from Texas!!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #55
Rinkerfam

I was very pleased to come home from a beautiful day at the lake and find my copy of Destination Winnipesaukee in the mailbox. I watched it from start to finish. It was a great way to cap off the day. I was especially happy to see Rattlesnake Gal and Don Zimmer in the credits. Well Done!!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #56
Hermit Cover

Default Winni DVD....For Sale!!

Where on the lake are these DVD's for sale. Mike, perhaps you can help out with that since you are the producer and the distributor.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #57
Aquadeziac

Our copy came in the mail yesterday and was well worth the wait!! We just finished watching it for the second time. Kudos to everyone involved. An outstanding production.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #58
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover
Where on the lake are these DVD's for sale. Mike, perhaps you can help out with that since you are the producer and the distributor.
I'm not sure where else they're for sale, but the next time you come in for lunch you can pick one up at my place. Although I was home with a nasty summer cold today, Waldo tells me there were numerous forum members in for lunch today, and most of them went home with a DVD!

If this keeps up, I'll have to restock soon!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #59
video tours NE

Default Thank you all !

Thank you all very much for your comments about the DVD. I was very happy to see such positive feedback !

I`ve just started delivering to local shops .. Pier 19 Convenience Store at
19 Mile Bay called and wants a few copies to sell in his fine store.
Also, I`m hoping David at Black's Gifts in Wolfeboro will want to carry the video. He has a copy and I`m waiting to hear from him.

Let's see .. who else ..
Oh ! Karen's Gifts across from the Natural Spring Water resort. (How many of you knew how the name NASWA came about ?)

Yea, Pepper was so excited to see these DVDs were finally done, she cleared out a pastry display on her counter and filled it up with 30 DVDs !
She is a hot ticket !
Look up exhuberant in the dictionary and you will see a picture of her !
We ate while we were there, my co-worker and I, and the lobster roll (no fillers whatsoever, just pure, fresh meat) was amazing !

Ok, also ... Ames Farm Inn will be carrying them. I`m working on Amilynn's Corner Grocery in Alton Bay ... Parafunalia in Gilford also has a copy and should call and ask for a few to have on hand ...

I`ll be up at the lake tomorrow too, promoting and delivering DVDs. There's a Chamber BAH I`ll be attending at 5.

Thanks again, to everyone who helped me. You know who you are ! And thanks to the members of this entire Forum. What a great bunch !

-Mike

VideoTours NE

-------------------
Old 07-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #60
Rattlesnake Gal

Talking Pepper - Save A Copy For Me! Please!

Hey Pepper can you save a copy of the DVD for me? I will try to be in for lunch on Friday. Does anyone want to meet up?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #61
video tours NE

Default don`t buy it !

Rattlesnak Gal,

Have you gone crazy ?? :-)
Do you think I`m going to let you pay retail price for one of these DVDs ?
I am packaging one up to mail to you ..after all the help you gave me,
that`s the least I can do !

Please, in case I lost it, email me your address ?

Thanks !
-Mike

--------------------------
Old 07-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #62
TLN_FARF

Smile Children Are Stars

If anyone would like my childrens auto graphs I would kindly pass them along.

My children can be seen at the end of chapter nine at the long island beach.

My son is Two and was in the water with a red bucket and my two other children are right behind him.

Very well put together video and our entire family enjoys it very much.
TLN_FARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #63
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Default I'm Famous

I just picked up my copy of Destination Winnipesaukee and low and behold there are two of my pictures (DVD label and opening shot of movie) Great DVD
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #64
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Default Computer dumb

Ok I tried to add the two pictures or a link but I am too computer dumb to do that but the pictures are in photo post.

{here they are}

Last edited by Sunset Bob; 07-16-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Sunset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #65
video tours NE

Thumbs up It`s selling quite well !

Hi everyone,
It`s been a while since I was here.
Well, the Destination Winnipesaukee DVD has now been out and about for 6 weeks and it`s doing very well. We have a list of stores that are carrying it on our website, www.destinationwinnipesaukee.com
Black's in Wolfeboro is by far the leader in sales .. over 70 so far !
He put a TV up and he plays the DVD so passers by can see it. He is a smart retailer !
If any of you know of retailers I may not have thought of yet,
please let me know.

I`ll be up at the lake delivering more copies (by boat) on Thursday/Friday. Anyone wanna meet up for a drink in Meredith ? .. or Weirs ?

Thanks again, all of you, for your help over the past year !

-Mike

----------------------------
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #66
Airwaves

I'm not headed back up to the lake until Monday otherwise I'd love to pick your brain! I do look forward to picking up a copy for the condo, think it will still be there at the end of next rental season

Pepper, are you still open after Labor Day?
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #67
Pepper

Airwaves - we're here until foliage is gone!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #68
Airwaves

Cool, I'll stop in sometime next week
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:48 AM   #69
csuhockey3

Default Hope I catch you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Airwaves - we're here until foliage is gone!
Hi Pepper! Hope I catch you before you close this fall -- either way, I might send in my Ma' for a DVD and a lobster roll so I can enjoy it vicariously!

Much love from Colorado!

M+M
Old 09-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #70
Rattlesnake Gal

Thumbs up Thumbs Up For Winnipesaukee DVD

I would like to offer my congratulations on a job well done by all the people at Video Tours New England. The Destination Winnipesaukee DVD was great! We enjoyed it very much and have watched it several times already. There is plenty of nice lake footage and lots of information on the area lodging, restaurants and things to do while you’re here. This is definitely a valuable tool for a Lake Winnipesaukee vacation or a just good memento. The glimpse into local eateries and resorts/motels/cabins/inns and hot spots is wonderful, valuable just for those things. It was quite a kick to see so much of my footage used too. Thanks Mike and gang!

Stop by Waldo Pepper’s for your very own copy, along with a famous Pepper hug! (You have until mid October folks!)
Or log onto VTNE’s website and order one to be mailed directly to you.

Sunset Bob, the sailboat photo on the DVD and title page is excellent! Sadly your steamboat video could not be used. That is one cool event. (Thanks for stopping by to say hi!)