Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
Outdoorsman

Default Lakeport Square Concert

There will be a FREE concert held in Lakeport Square on Sept. 21.

"Recycled Percussion has met all conditions required to hold an all-day concert and fireworks show."

Find the newspaper article online for more information.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default To each his or her own.

Blues Festival at the Weirs the same day! Looks like I will be going back and forth between events. I have a slip at LLM!
SimpleTL (09-15-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
Water Camper

Default Grand Opening Festival of Chaos and Kindness

Bend the Ride has been selected as one of five bands to perform at the Grand Opening Festival of Chaos and Kindness.

Hope to see you there,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #4
macbeth

Isn't Lakeport where the Mayor is moving his company and wants to create more parking spots for HIS Business? Hmm, Sounds fishy. Lakeport was never given a thought by the city until his business needed a new home.
macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:47 AM   #5
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Isn't Lakeport where the Mayor is moving his company and wants to create more parking spots for HIS Business? Hmm, Sounds fishy. Lakeport was never given a thought by the city until his business needed a new home.
You may be jumping to a conclusion that is not necessarily true. The group holding the concert to promote their new business is unrelated to the Mayor. The city set requirements for the promoter to ensure adequate controls were in place to maintain a safe event.

The fact that the Laconia Sun's home of many years was sold and the newspaper is renting in a building in Lakeport has no connection to this event.

Lakeport has been a concern of the city's and the most recent improvement approved by the city was the Lakeport Landing building purchase and renovation, which looks great.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
CooperS7777 (09-18-2019), Outdoorsman (09-17-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #6
Jeanzb1

Traffic is bad enough in Lakeport Square with all the road work being done (and I have heard into November.) I’m surprised this additional traffic nightmare was approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Jeanzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #7
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 View Post
Traffic is bad enough in Lakeport Square with all the road work being done (and I have heard into November.) I’m surprised this additional traffic nightmare was approved.

I am not. It is excellent for local businesses to promote the area just like the Pumpkin Festival and others. Events such as this, and Biketoberfest bring in revenue after the busy summer season ending.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #8
Red apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I am not. It is excellent for local businesses to promote the area just like the Pumpkin Festival and others. Events such as this, and Biketoberfest bring in revenue after the busy summer season ending.
Agreed its one day and great for local economy and even better that they are doing a Free concert for all the local people to see. 80's and sunny bring it on!
Red apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:37 AM   #9
CooperS7777

Quote:

They will essentially be routing traffic around in the exact same pattern it has been most of the summer with the road work going on down there.
CooperS7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:19 AM   #10
2DAMTS

Anyone go to this?
Any reports on how it turned out?
2DAMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #11
BroadHopper

Default Attended both

With all the activities this weekend (Multicultural Fest, Highland Games, Broken Spoke, Laconia Blues Fest, Chaos and Kindness) there was a pretty good turnout at both the blues fest and Lakeport.

Excellent lineup at the Weirs! MVB, Chris Fitz, Downtown Dave, Willie J Laws et al. Excellent food etc. All for $10! There were a good share of boats anchored off the swim line. Lots of boats in and out of the channel asking 'what's going on?' DUH! Can't believe the number of people that didn't know about Weirs and Lakeport!

I left Weirs and head for Lakeport, by boat of course, around 6p. Just in time for Recycled Percussion concert! It was a must see! I would say they were about 15,000 in attendance. The locals did a great job with crowd control.
I was told the bands that played were OK. I'm glad I attended the blues!
I had a good seat at O's patio. Great spot away from the crowd, excellent view of both the stage and my gosh! The Fireworks was spectacular!

I knew the traffic after the Lakeport fireworks will be a **** storm. So I took the boat back out on Paugus enjoy the Weirs fireworks from a distance, and back to the marina. By that time traffic was flowing freely and head home.

Life is good!
joey2665 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #12
LoveLakeLife

Where did you dock in Lakeport? I didn’t know there was a public dock?

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #13
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
Where did you dock in Lakeport? I didn’t know there was a public dock?
Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I have a slip at LLM. No public docks, however I have seen people use the landing along the Public Works and the docks in front of True Value Hardware.

People use to anchor off Bayside Cemetery and shop at Shaw's. The cemetery placed no trespassing signs up.

You can always call ahead to Irwin's, LLM or Paugus Bay marina for arrangements if you are a customer.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #14
LoveLakeLife

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #15
baygo

Quote:

Actually traffic was an initial concern and consequently there were some contingencies placed upon the event regarding offsite parking with a Shuttle service. In my opinion the chaos and kindness crew are bringing a very good vibe to the community and therefore I stepped up and donated the use of our 10 acre field for parking. Just a little over 2000 cars came through. That was 2000 cars that didn’t get tied up in the traffic congestion around lake port. There is talk about making it an annual event. Laconia has come along way since I first moved here 10 years ago. The event drew over 15,000 people.

Last edited by baygo; 09-24-2019 at 09:04 AM.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-24-2019), CooperS7777 (09-25-2019), joey2665 (09-24-2019), Whimsey (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #16
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Actually traffic was an initial concern And consequently there were some contingencies placed upon the event regarding offsite parking with a Shuttle service. In my opinion the chaos and kindness crew are bringing a very good vibe to the community and therefore I stepped up and donated the use of our 10 acre field for parking. Just a little over 2000 cars came through. That was 2000 cars they didn’t get tied up in the traffic congestion around the p shuttle service. In my opinion the chaos and kindness crew are bringing very good vibe to the community and therefore I stepped up and donated the use of our 10 acre field for free parking. Just little over 2000 cars came through. That was 2000 cars that didn’t get tied up in the traffic congestion around lake port. There is talk about making it an annual event. Laconia has come along way since I first moved here 10 years ago. The event drew over 15,000 people.
Nice gesture, Baygo. Your kindness might have prevented a huge traffic mess that would have discouraged future events in Lakeport. That was no small feat to control that parking during your saturday night business.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:11 AM   #17
BroadHopper

Quote:
Traffic is bad enough in Lakeport Square with all the road work being done (and I have heard into November.) I’m surprised this additional traffic nightmare was approved.Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The event crew did a terrific job with traffic in and out despite having to split resources with Weirs event. I commend Baygo and other business owners their effort to allow parking outside the event area.

If it is an annual event, a significant change will be at the Elm St, Parade Rd traffic lights. The lights are not timed for such a huge crowd. Traffic was backed up to the square because of the timing. Hopefully they will station a traffic coordinator next year.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #18
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Actually traffic was an initial concern And consequently there were some contingencies placed upon the event regarding offsite parking with a Shuttle service. In my opinion the chaos and kindness crew are bringing a very good vibe to the community and therefore I stepped up and donated the use of our 10 acre field for parking. Just a little over 2000 cars came through. That was 2000 cars they didn’t get tied up in the traffic congestion around the p shuttle service. In my opinion the chaos and kindness crew are bringing very good vibe to the community and therefore I stepped up and donated the use of our 10 acre field for free parking. Just little over 2000 cars came through. That was 2000 cars that didn’t get tied up in the traffic congestion around lake port. There is talk about making it an annual event. Laconia has come along way since I first moved here 10 years ago. The event drew over 15,000 people.
Great gesture Baygo it is so important for our local businesses to support these events to help make them successful now and in the future. I also donate the use of my parking lot every year for the Pumpkin Festival. A side benefit is it brings more awareness to your location and can result in additional business for your restaurant.

joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #19
baygo

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Nice gesture, Baygo. Your kindness might have prevented a huge traffic mess that would have discouraged future events in Lakeport. That was no small feat to control that parking during your saturday night business.
Thanx SAMIAM, cars actually started pulling in at 7 AM. At about 10 AM the police department came by and wanted to know where the lighting was that the organizers had promised. Unfortunately the rental company was unable to deliver on such short notice. Police came back by around 2PM, still no lighting. They had a very valid concern because the field we parked in has a number of holes in it. I spent the next seven hours going through what I referred to as extreme anxiety, Enhanced by echoes of “no good deed goes on punished”. The shuttles were not due to make return trips until after the fireworks. This meant thousands of people would be returning to the car thru the field in darkness. Consequently I personally made it a point to visit with each and every person who came through the property to stress the dangers associated with the holes. Then has people came back after dark I required them to take out their cell phone to illuminate their walk back to the car. By the grace of God not a single incident
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
stingray (09-27-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #20
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Great gesture Baygo it is so important for our local businesses to support these events to help make them successful now and in the future. I also donate the use of my parking lot every year for the Pumpkin Festival. A side benefit is it brings more awareness to your location and can result in additional business for your restaurant.

Rising tide raises all ships. And the tide has definitely been rising in Laconia. Look at what’s happened since best western took over that used to be I sore called the landmark. Yes there is still a lot of road construction going on, But when it’s done I’m certain a first impression for those coming to the city will be a lot more favorable. Not only are the folks from chaos and kindness having their impact on the Lakeport neighborhood, another native son who’s done well for himself is making a very significant investment in Lakeport Square. Over in the Wiers the owner of Tower Hill Tavern has been buying up most of the property around him and has some fantastic plans. It may be some time before all this is apparent to most. Rome wasn’t renovated in a day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-25-2019), CooperS7777 (09-25-2019), joey2665 (09-24-2019)