Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow ForumFest II - The Formal Invitation

ForumFest II

Saturday the tenth of September
Two Thousand Five
three O'clock in the afternoon
Cate Park in Wolfeboro

We cordially invite you
to join us for
A Tenth Anniversary Celebration
Old 08-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Talking Why I Started A New ForumFest II Thread

The poll thread for ForumFest II was getting long and taking a lot of time to load.

ForumFest I
ForumFest Photos
Old 08-17-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Add 2 to the count

OK, count us 2 in.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

I'd like to reserve a table....with a view of the lake please......3:15 ish or so.

Mee-n-Mac: Will you be bringing delicious goodies again?

Photo Credit: Oiledrod from Photopost....entitled "A Great Place To Meet"
Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 PM   #5
Pepper

Talking I'm in!

I'll be there! Can't wait to finally be able to hang-out with you guys and not have to be working at the same time!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:48 AM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Thumbs up Tossing my hat....

into the ring.
Do we have a rain date? Can we move inside one of the establishment (Wolve's Tavern), or the gazebo?

Life is full of questions!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Goodies are a go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
{snip} Mee-n-Mac: Will you be bringing delicious goodies again?
I checked with "Mee" and she said she could manage to make some cookies and such. I can bring some soft drinks and water as well.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
warren

Default the fest

see you there, warren
Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #9
Frdxplorer

Default Won't be able to make it

Hi folks. Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be able to make Forum fest this year. In fact, I will use this post to sort of sign off for a while. I am starting law school in two days and have a feeling that I am not going to have a whole lot of time to monitor the forums. I hope to be around from time to time but will certainly miss the always up to date news and info about what's happening on the lake. Hope to talk to you all soon.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #10
ghfromaltonbay

Default Praying for good weather

Hi all,

Can't wait to attend the Forum Fest II. If it's as much fun as Fest I, a good time will be had by all. Sounds like there will be an even bigger turnout this year now that many have heard about last year's event. I'll bring some goodies as well to munch on.

gh
Old 08-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #11
DRH

Default I'll Be There This Year

I've been kicking myself for a year for missing last year's ForumFest. After hearing what a good time everyone had, I'm not going to miss this one! See you all there.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:04 AM   #12
Lady Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frdxplorer
Hi folks. Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be able to make Forum fest this year. In fact, I will use this post to sort of sign off for a while. I am starting law school in two days and have a feeling that I am not going to have a whole lot of time to monitor the forums. I hope to be around from time to time but will certainly miss the always up to date news and info about what's happening on the lake. Hope to talk to you all soon.
Good luck to you at law school.

The ForumFest is THE DAY BEFORE WE ARRIVE IN NH!!!!!!! Oh well....one more year to stay incognito....

I will enjoy the pictures.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #13
Mee-n-Mac

Default A list and some questions

FWIW I compiled a list of who's coming and who's not. Since we're definitely a go this year I don't think it's all that important but here it is nonetheless. Secondly Broadhopper asked what we'll do if it rains. We should probably hash this out but I think last year it was "we'll decide what to do a few days ahead of time should the forecast be bad" and it seemed likely that we could duck into Garwoods should we need to. I was surprised by how many showed up last year and this year is at least the same # so perhaps we need to think more on this.

Thirdly have we decided on some activity for this year's event ? Are we looking to raise some $$'s ... or should people come dressed in some lakes region or forum motif ... or just show up ? One thought that crossed my mind was the everyone (or couple or group) bring something lake or forum related to give away. Then we have a drawing and everyone gets a keepsake to bring home. Similiar to the raffle idea but different. Just a thought....

And most importantly are we calling this years FFII simply the 10'th Anniversary Party (sounds good) or do we have a subtitle (ala a bad scary movie) like last year's Grant's Gathering ? Could it be (you had fair warning this was going to happen ) Broadhopper's blowout, gh's getogether, JS's Soiree, mcdude's mess, RG's rendezvous, Skip's shindig, ToW's turnout, uppy's union, warren's wingding or Yes Dear's diversion ? Or on a bunch-o-people theme; DRH's droves, Gilly's gang, Outlaw's oodles or Pepper's posse Sure I have others but y'all get the idea. BTW that was the list of people (add us 2 in + SO's for some of the above) answering "I'll be there". I'm not sure about; Al, Skipper of the Sea Que, GTO, GWC, dpg, Sandy Beach, jkjoshuatree and restaranteer (are you as smart as you are sassy ). Definite no's are; Grant, Lady Di, frdexplorer, merrymeeting and Chris Exley.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:33 AM   #14
Just Sold

Count me in - see you all there.

Frdxplorer - good luck in your studies. Check in when you can - this great site will be here when you return.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM   #15
Merrymeeting

Default Perhaps late?

As noted in the other post on this topic, I will need to miss again...sigh (McDude, yes, there is a game on the 17th too

I'll stop by to see if the party is still going on at 6. I'll be heading to the lake right after the BC game (12:30 kickoff) so I should be there about that time.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #16
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

The boss & I should be able to make it...Have to go play golf the next day up at Mt Washington Hotel, but a Saturday afternoon in Wolfeboro may be just the thing for a good round on Sunday.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 AM   #17
Mee-n-Mac

Default Post Cate Park activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting
As noted in the other post on this topic, I will need to miss again...sigh (McDude, yes, there is a game on the 17th too

I'll stop by to see if the party is still going on at 6. I'll be heading to the lake right after the BC game (12:30 kickoff) so I should be there about that time.
If last year is a good example I believe you can be pretty sure "the party will still going on at 6". Probably not still in Cate Park but in Garwoods or Wolfe Tavern or ??. We should probably make a decision and post it here so you (and anyone else) will know.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #18
Tired of Waiting

Talking ToW ing

Hi all, Well seeing as I livened this up with my Bumpity Bump in the other thread I guess Mrs ToW and ToW will be attending again this year. We decided to drive up two weekends in a row. Labor day to pull ma's dock and boat out and then PARTY weekend.

ToW ing to get it started

ToW
Old 08-27-2005, 08:38 PM   #19
Waterbaby

Default Woe is me...........

I was really looking forward to making it this year, but already have a commitment -- anyone want to twist my arm? Cause I sure could change my mind, lol! Anyway, if I CAN'T get there I'm looking forward to the reports and pictures, and hope the weather is good for y'all and lots of members show up!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #20
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Here you go Waterbaby

TWIST TWIST TWIST...Give up yet?????? TWIST TWIST...Had enough????TWIST!!!!! Ah Ha!!! I thought that would do it....(will it??????? )

Hope so!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:46 PM   #21
Rattlesnake Gal

Talking Garwoods Or The Tavern Works!

Aw, come on Waterbaby, you should come meet your forum friends!
It's going to be fun. Is your arm twisted enough yet?
Merrymeeting, please do come for the party after the party.
Mee-n-Mac, I deem you the leader. Pick the place and we'll join you.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
RG
Old 09-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #22
Mee-n-Mac

Default Garwoods after FFII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal
{snip} Merrymeeting, please do come for the party after the party. Mee-n-Mac, I deem you the leader. Pick the place and we'll join you. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
RG
Since it's within easy walking distance (for those coming by boat) I choose Garwoods.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:38 PM   #23
mrportjeff

Default maybe next year?

Man I just left the lake on Monday - can not make it this year - hope that maybe next year I'll be there. Have a great time!
Xplorer - good luck in law school - where are you going?

Last edited by mrportjeff; 09-06-2005 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Recent thought
Old 09-07-2005, 06:12 AM   #24
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Unhappy Can't make it

Jeez. I was all revved up to meet the wonderful folks of the forum. Unfortunately, the company outing is that day at Canobie Lake and the kids are begging me to take them! Family duty calls.........................

I hope there will be plenty of pictures taken like last year. I will be looking forward to seeing them.

There is always another year..........................
Old 09-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #25
Gilly 20

Default Darn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
FWIW I compiled a list of who's coming and who's not. Since we're definitely a go this year I don't think it's all that important but here it is nonetheless. Secondly Broadhopper asked what we'll do if it rains. We should probably hash this out but I think last year it was "we'll decide what to do a few days ahead of time should the forecast be bad" and it seemed likely that we could duck into Garwoods should we need to. I was surprised by how many showed up last year and this year is at least the same # so perhaps we need to think more on this.

Thirdly have we decided on some activity for this year's event ? Are we looking to raise some $$'s ... or should people come dressed in some lakes region or forum motif ... or just show up ? One thought that crossed my mind was the everyone (or couple or group) bring something lake or forum related to give away. Then we have a drawing and everyone gets a keepsake to bring home. Similiar to the raffle idea but different. Just a thought....

And most importantly are we calling this years FFII simply the 10'th Anniversary Party (sounds good) or do we have a subtitle (ala a bad scary movie) like last year's Grant's Gathering ? Could it be (you had fair warning this was going to happen ) Broadhopper's blowout, gh's getogether, JS's Soiree, mcdude's mess, RG's rendezvous, Skip's shindig, ToW's turnout, uppy's union, warren's wingding or Yes Dear's diversion ? Or on a bunch-o-people theme; DRH's droves, Gilly's gang, Outlaw's oodles or Pepper's posse Sure I have others but y'all get the idea. BTW that was the list of people (add us 2 in + SO's for some of the above) answering "I'll be there". I'm not sure about; Al, Skipper of the Sea Que, GTO, GWC, dpg, Sandy Beach, jkjoshuatree and restaranteer (are you as smart as you are sassy ). Definite no's are; Grant, Lady Di, frdexplorer, merrymeeting and Chris Exley.
We'd luv to be there--but will not be able too- Darn-- and after MEE'NMac gave us such a great name!!!- Next one we'll bring the gang. Ya'll have a ball- we will miss you in God's Country!!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #26
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Count me in.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #27
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

WOW now I am a senior member!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #28
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Must be because you are such a chatterbox!! Congratulations! See you on Saturday
Old 09-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #29
Winterharborway

Default Will try to make it!!

Hi everyone,

I'm not as active as you all, but I hope to stop by tomorrow to meet you all! Should be a great weekend weather wise!

Jennifer
Old 09-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #30
Outlaw

Default So so sorry

It is with great regrets that I will not be in attendance tomorrow. Duty calls and I must work tomorrow -- as the saying goes - pain before pleasure. I do wish you all a great day and many fun moments. Remember to have a martini for me -- or maybe two..... I'll leave that up to Skip and Mac to decide. By the way the beer battered chicken fingers - primo -- a must try for anyone who goes to the after party.

Enjoy all and have a great time.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #31
gtxrider

Default Sorry I missed it!

Well for the second year in a row I am unable to attend. Work. work, work.....As my dad used to tell me the Voice Must Go Thru. So if you make a phone call today remeber me. I hope you all have a good time

Outlaw I feel your pain
Closed Thread