Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
dragonfly03246

Default Rude Service at Forever Bonnie in Meredith

It's my birthday and we went tonight and had an appointment to have my nose pierced. I called and made the appointment for 5 and was told it wouldn't be a problem because she didn't have any other appointments that day. I then called to say we would be late and she said it's no problem and she was doing a tattoo but she should be done around 5:30 and she could squeeze me in between tattoos.

When we walked in she barely acknowledged us but told us she would be with us when she was done. We waited until quarter of 6 then walked outside for some fresh air. She never said a word to us the entire time we waited. I went back inside and the look on her face was nasty and gave me the impression we were interrupting her, but I asked her how long she would be. She gave me an attitude right away and said, I really don't know, maybe another 15 minutes? I then said to her, "I made an appointment". She said, "I realize that but I had a walk-in and they come first, I'm not going to rush a tattoo for your piercing." I told her I understand that but I made an appointment and it should have been honored. I don't understand how ANYONE can take walk-ins before appointments. How is that good business practice? Besides, as nice as I was she was EXTREMELY rude and inconsiderate. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
michael c

You might want to go back and read your post...NO, never mind .You wouldn't get it..
You ,young lady ,are an idiot

Michael
Old 05-21-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
ITD

Ah, don't pierce your nose, what do you do when you catch a cold????
Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael c View Post
You might want to go back and read your post...NO, never mind .You wouldn't get it..

Michael
Maybe I missed something, but what in her post makes her an idiot? She went through the effort to call ahead, and even called again to say that she was going to be later than she first expected. Where did she go wrong?
Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
dragonfly03246

Thank you Chip. I did re-read my post and don't understand what makes me an idiot. The point I was trying to make was that I made an appointment and she wasn't honoring it. She was also extremely rude to me and this started as we walked in the door. She never offered us a drink or another appointment or even APOLOGIZED for being late. How does this make me an idiot???

Personally Michael I think you might be the idiot for posting such nonsense. Or, maybe you know her?? If so, then I am sorry you do because I wouldn't want to be associated with someone who treats prospective clients like $#% as soon as they walk in the door. I posted this because I thought people would want to know what they are walking into and if they do make and appointment, don't be surprised if you have to wait an hour after.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
ApS

Red face Leave Earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
"...Where did she go wrong...?"
She made an appointment—then couldn't keep it—then complained about it?

Somebody is reflecting today's Electorate and has never run a business.

Last edited by ApS; 05-21-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Today's Electorate
Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
wifi

Could, perhaps, that walk-in come AFTER you called to say you were late and before you arrived??
Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #8
pats fan

Dragonfly,

I think maybe calling you an idiot was a bit harsh,but... You were the one who was late for your appointment! You no longer can expect to be taken in immediately. A walk-in came in and as a business person Bonny did what she should have done and took care of that client. What did you expect her to do when you failed to be there on time? Just sit around waiting for you? Then you went outside. Is she expected to come chase you down? Too many people think the world revolves around them, you sound like one of those people. Time is money when you are in business. If you could not respect her time enough to be there on time than you should not expect her to be sitting there waiting for you!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
dragonfly03246

You are all missing the point. It wasn't just about the appointment. When you walk in to an establishment you expect to be treated with some courtesy and respect. She was rude from the moment we walked in there by barely acknowledging us.

When I called to make the appointment she said it wouldn't be a problem because she didn't have anything booked all day. I then called around 5 and told her that we would be a little late, she replied that it was no problem, she was doing a tattoo and she expected to be done around 5:30 so could I come in then? I of course, said yes. (Another appointment made)

Maybe it's just me but when the walk-in came in, I would have told her I would take her but I had an appointment coming in and then I would have asked if she minded if I took care of the appointment for about 10 minutes? It's not my fault she was the only one there but while we were waiting she could have at least apologized....she did not. Like I said above, it's all abot courtesy and treating your customers with respect. At least I called and made another appointment for 5:30 instead of 5. Besides, she rudely informed me that walk-ins come first. What's the point of making an appointment then????

If she had told me that on the phone I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I hate to get into a pissing match but as I said above and in my previous posts, you just don't treat your customers like &*^% as soon as they step through the door. Do I think the world revolves around me? No, I do not, I don't like being treated poorly and when I am a paying customer I deserve to be treated with respect and kindness.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
sa meredith

Default ???

Nose piercing for your birthday?
Christ, I must be getting old.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
fpartri497

Unhappy An idiot

Quote:

Michael

Michael"

Quite a harsh post, dont you think?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
KonaChick

Right or wrong it appears to me as though this was a simply business decision. She's going to make a whole lot more money off a tattoo than a piercing. If she told the tattoo customer to come back in half hour she would have been at risk of losing his business. In today's tough economic climate I can understand how she would choose the high paying customer. Once again I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just stating she was doing what she needed to in the best interest of her business.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #13
Sman

Default Not what you say but how you say it

sounds like if the lady had been pleasant and not rude, the walk in vs appointment problem would never have come up.

people generally like to be treated a certain way, when you meet those expectations you can actually get away with more than you should, when you fall short you can hardly do anything right

that being said, I do not know what the norm for edicate and pleasantries is for a tatoo parlor
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #14
EZ-Pass

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly03246 View Post
She was also extremely rude to me and this started as we walked in the door. She never offered us a drink or another appointment or even APOLOGIZED for being late. How does this make me an idiot???
Does your hair dresser, doctor or anyone else that are running late offer you a drink and many do not even apologize. Now me even if it is a doctors appointment and I have waited more than 20 minutes I get up and cancel the appointment and either make a new one or find another doctor. Now that is me and I have done it many times and have never had a problem doing it.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
Meredith lady

Default right or wrong..

I agree that this was a business decision-someone in your establishment requesting services vs someone running late-I would think she was just trying to "get" all the business she could. Personally, for my birthday I want a leaf blower.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
sa meredith

Default just sayin'....

So, how about this? Seriously, not trying to stereotype, but I think this is a reasonable explanation....
I think people are applying normal, customer service thought processes to this situation. You know, handle the customer with care...be diplomatic...a quick smile and appology "gee, I got a tad jammed up. But please, sit tight, and I'm going to give you a nice discount"...stuff like this.
However, I think it very possible, almost reasonable, to assume poeple in the tattoo/body piecing business lack this thought process. It may just not be part of their mental make-up.
I'm sure they are highly skilled at what they do, but I think it very possible they may lack, normal, everyday people skills.
Years back, there was a tattoo shop in town that sold other things. I visited it from time to time, and the two guys that wokred there were just insanely rude and crude. Real dumpy characters. But they provided goods and services that people desired, so their business did OK.
Anyway....
Day off Friday....first boat trip of the year!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #17
Newbiesaukee

As in most things, we believe what we wish to believe. First, ignore that this is a tattoo parlor and the person wanted a nose piercing. Think instead, she was going to the hairdresser. The person had an appointment and was late even though she called. The business owner said she would accommodate her and when she arrived a tattoo was in progress...a labor intensive, profitable procedure that does require full attention to the client. I absolutely agree that the owner should have acknowledged her presence and been somewhat pleasant. On the other hand, the client should have realized that the owner was being accommodating and cut her some slack.As far as walk-ins being taken first, it depends. I think the critical point is that both parties could have been more accommodating....the birthday girl realizing she was late for her first appointment and the business owner being a bit more pleasant (altho we have not heard her side). Anyway life is too short and tempers seem too long. And let's try not to deal with the culture issues, just the business practices.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
Bluebell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
She made an appointment—then couldn't keep it—then complained about it?
Ah, the ME generation. Thanks for a good laugh ! !
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
Whimsey

Default Rude Service versus Rude Customers

There is no excuse for rudeness in a customer service business even for a more profitable service. However, when a business is selling time (versus say appliances) and a customer calls "around 5 pm" to say they will be late for a 5pm appointment, I think the customer is being rude as well.

Now, as they say, [circumstance] happens, so kudos to Dragonfly for calling. That was the right thing to do. But when you're told that someone will "squeeze you in" I would expect to have to wait...that's life.

Perhaps if people made it a priority to honor their appointments punctually, a business owner would not feel that walk ins take precedence.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
hilltopper

Kind of irks me when people seemingly join this forum just to bad mouth a business, warranted or not...
Old 05-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #21
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith lady View Post
I agree that this was a business decision-someone in your establishment requesting services vs someone running late-I would think she was just trying to "get" all the business she could. Personally, for my birthday I want a leaf blower.
Haha - what a gas!! Love it...A leaf blower...
Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #22
ironhorsetim

Default Say what????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
As in most things, we believe what we wish to believe. First, ignore that this is a tattoo parlor and the person wanted a nose piercing. Think instead, she was going to the hairdresser. The person had an appointment and was late even though she called. The business owner said she would accommodate her and when she arrived a tattoo was in progress...a labor intensive, profitable procedure that does require full attention to the client. I absolutely agree that the owner should have acknowledged her presence and been somewhat pleasant. On the other hand, the client should have realized that the owner was being accommodating and cut her some slack.As far as walk-ins being taken first, it depends. I think the critical point is that both parties could have been more accommodating....the birthday girl realizing she was late for her first appointment and the business owner being a bit more pleasant (altho we have not heard her side). Anyway life is too short and tempers seem too long. And let's try not to deal with the culture issues, just the business practices.
Good thought and I couldn't agree more
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
So, how about this? Seriously, not trying to stereotype,
However, I think it very possible, almost reasonable, to assume poeple in the tattoo/body piecing business lack this thought process. It may just not be part of their mental make-up.
I'm sure they are highly skilled at what they do, but I think it very possible they may lack, normal, everyday people skills.
say what???? and FYI, the "average" tattoo artist makes anywhere from $75-$150 an hour and talks with their clients alllll day with people from all walks of life, Doctors, Lawyers ect.

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway

Last edited by ironhorsetim; 05-21-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #23
luvmypups

Wink My experience with Bonnie

I've only been to Bonnie once but when I went she was very nice and personable. I can definately see your point and why you would be a little irritated but it's clear she was making the best decision for herself and her business. When you called to say you would be late,at the time, it probably wasnt a problem but then a tattoo walk-in comes in after your phone call and she'd be a fool to turn them away. As for her being rude, she was probably irritated because she felt rushed while doing her tattoo and tattoos are obviously something you cannot rush. Like I said, I have went to her once and she was very nice but she also came into the restaurant I used to work at often and she was always friendly and courteous.As for the "idiot"comment, that was pretty harsh. I think you just unfortunately caught her at a bad time and I can see why you'd be a little annoyed but I dont think you should be so hard on her.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #24
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsey View Post
There is no excuse for rudeness in a customer service business even for a more profitable service. However, when a business is selling time (versus say appliances) and a customer calls "around 5 pm" to say they will be late for a 5pm appointment, I think the customer is being rude as well.

Now, as they say, [circumstance] happens, so kudos to Dragonfly for calling. That was the right thing to do. But when you're told that someone will "squeeze you in" I would expect to have to wait...that's life.

Perhaps if people made it a priority to honor their appointments punctually, a business owner would not feel that walk ins take precedence.
Dragonfly couldn't wait, needed to ger her (??) oil changed in the chopper at 6:30! Oh O.K. I'm sorry, just being a smart !@#$
Old 05-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #25
michael c

Quote:
Nose piercing for your birthday?
Christ, I must be getting old.

Thank you SA Meridith........

While their is no excuse for poor service..... I don't understand,,,,,you make an appointment to have a hole drilled in your nose so that you can attach a shiny object to it ,,,just what part of your brain did you use during that whole thought process to arrive at the conclusion that this action would make you more attractive? DUH ??? probably the same brain cells that made you mad that you had to wait when you were late.
Please ,would you let us know every time you plan to drive a car...ANYWHERE
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #26
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default What??

Quote:

While their is no excuse for poor service..... I don't understand,,,,,you make an appointment to have a hole drilled in your nose so that you can attach a shiny object to it ,,,just what part of your brain did you use during that whole thought process to arrive at the conclusion that this action would make you more attractive? DUH ??? probably the same brain cells that made you mad that you had to wait when you were late.
Michael: this is her personal choice and body- if she wants a piercing it does not make her an idiot. Quite frankly, I was taken back by your personal attack on the original poster, it was uncalled for.

Does your wife or SO have their ears pierced? Anyone you know have a tattoo? Do you call them idiots? Perhaps when looking for idiots you may want to pass in front of a mirror.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #27
Argie's Wife

I don't think the type of establishment matters or what the appointment was for or whatever... Tats and piercings aren't cheap and if you're going to a reputable artist for them then you should expect to pay $ (after all, they're paying for licenses, insurance, etc. to stay in biz) and you should get good service.

But... there's also two sides to every story.... We've seen that plenty of times on the Restaurant section of the forum...

Bonnie's perception of the situation may be different from what Dragonfly's perception of the encounter was like... I'm not saying Dragonfly's POV is wrong...

The info we don't have here is what time Dragonfly ended up arriving (how late she really was) and if she ended up getting the piercing (if it was sooo bad, why not just leave?) and if she ever complained to Bonnie about the concerns she posted here...

Just curious...

Edited to add this: Appointment or not, I wouldn't rush someone who is doing something that alters how your body will look. A tat can be removed and piercing can heal but that place on your body will never be the same again. Bonnie is a very competent artist and has a good rep; I'll take that over "nice" any day....

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 05-21-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #28
Pineedles

Default Other things?

Quote:
Years back, there was a tattoo shop in town that sold other things. I visited it from time to time
Sold other things?? Now what could be the other things, that a tatoo/piercing shop might sell? Hmmmm.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #29
Mat

Really,

If the young lady wants her nose pieced its her business. If she feels she was treated poorly and want to voice her opinion here she has the right too. No need to call her names. Lots of people voice their opinions here.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
sa meredith

Default thought so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Sold other things?? Now what could be the other things, that a tatoo/piercing shop might sell? Hmmmm.
I was waiting for this post. Fully expected the question when I reread my original post.
Well, it wasn't a tattoo. And certainly not a piercing.
Coversation best left for another time.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #31
SIKSUKR

Was it also a "head" shop SA ?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #32
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Was it also a "head" shop SA ?
If I had to guess, or it had a room "out back" If you know what I mean....
Old 05-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #33
chipj29

Quote:

Micheal, you can disagree with the premise of her post, that is fine, but you really don't have to be so rude in your replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Michael: this is her personal choice and body- if she wants a piercing it does not make her an idiot. Quite frankly, I was taken back by your personal attack on the original poster, it was uncalled for.

Does your wife or SO have their ears pierced? Anyone you know have a tattoo? Do you call them idiots? Perhaps when looking for idiots you may want to pass in front of a mirror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
Really,

If the young lady wants her nose pieced its her business. If she feels she was treated poorly and want to voice her opinion here she has the right too. No need to call her names. Lots of people voice their opinions here.
What they said.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #34
angela4design

Default Under the needle?

If I wasn't feeling great about the establishment or the service, I think I'd leave. Especially when the service that you're waiting for is having someone puncture your body! You want that person holding the needle to have a smile on their face, otherwise, this could end badly. Do you see where I'm going?

Anyway, I don't have any experience with Bonnie, but there's another shop above where the Village Perk was. I might have tried them?

By the way - Happy Birthday!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #35
michael c

Vita Bene,
You are correct . She is entitled to do what she wants to her body. You are also correct that you have the right to say when you think i am being rude. we all have opinions.
I also have the right to give my opinion. My opinion is that she is stupid for complaining that she had to wait for her appointment when SHE was late for said appointment and that she was also an idiot for posessing brain cells that led her to believe that she would look better with a hunk of metal/stone sticking out the side of her nose. That is my opinion . I am entitled to it. You may disagree with me . thats okay
I must say though, that so many of the decisions being made today by some of our youths are disturbing.... High school seniors who can't find america on a map .. the test results ,just last week ,where only 27 per cent of the new teachers,just out of college could pass the math test to become a teacher...yeah, go re-read that again ! only 27 %...I bet they have their toungue piercings and their TATS and their nose rings and lip rings and their eyebrow piercings all in order...They were all busy getting all that done the day they taught logic in college.and all the boys have their boy friends and all the girls have their girl friends[thank you Mount Holyoke ! ]
Just because it is their opinion that what they do is right doesn't make it right..thats not the case. It only means that what they do is what they do..
So ,its okay if you disagree with me. I don't care... But I am entitled to my opinion just as they are all allowed their odd way of life

And,young lady , you are an idiot
Old 05-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #36
Rattlesnake Guy

The State of New Hampshire has recently passed a law that requires that businesses who cater to people who seek to insert objects through their nose to be made to wait, be treated rudely, and given every possible opportunity to make an informed decision. Live Free or Die Trying.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #37
Nadia

Wink Regardless

Dragonfly-
Regardless of whether or not you want a "hole drilled in your nose" which by the way I do have, amongst other piercings and tattoo's which I am not ashamed to disclose, and do not consider myself deranged either (others on this forum will argue), thank you for posting what seems to be a true experience! With all these holes and designs on my body, I graduated college with a 3.79 GPA. However, every once in a while I still spell wrong---eeeK! Back to your truthful post. If we had more of those, we might be able to draw meaningful and correct conclusions! Regardless of whether or not you were late, if you feel an establishment has done wrong by you, put your wallet back in your pocket and vote with your feet! Others will not always agree with your decisions. Word to the wise from someone with experience in this area, don't waste countless hours defending your decision in a public forum like winni.com, you will drive yourself insane! If you feel you made the right choice and carried yourself in a respectable way i.e. not telling Miss Bonny to go you know what...then go "get a hole drilled in your nose" elsewhere You will be much happier! A teeny little nose stud adds a perfect touch without being overwhelming in my humble opinion, but according to others I could be wrong. Catch my drift? LOL
Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #38
Rose

Quote:
But I am entitled to my opinion just as they are all allowed their odd way of life
But you are not allowed to violate Forum rules and you are in clear violation of this one:

If you don't agree with something expressed on the Forum respond with your opinion, don't get personal! Your comments and opinions are welcome, personal attacks, insults or flames are not.

It is my opinion that you should be given a time out by the moderator.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #39
no-engine

One thread and 38 posts in less than 24 hours, and all about tatooing and pierceing!

I can not believe it!
Is there another topic worth the time.

I may have only 105 posts. Is that a newbie? I think not; I got disgusted by comments under a previous user name and started this name.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #40
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
One thread and 38 posts in less than 24 hours, and all about tatooing and pierceing!

I can not believe it!
Is there another topic worth the time.

I may have only 105 posts. Is that a newbie? I think not; I got disgusted by comments under a previous user name and started this name.
Believe it. If we can do 126 posts about a GMC Jimmy that was missing, then a bad encounter getting a piercing is fodder for just as much buzz...

Now, to put a hole in your post.... only 10 of the posts addressed Ms. Dragonfly's comments... 20 of the posts addressed the comments made by michael c.... 8 of the comments were about what else is sold at Forever Bonnie....
Old 05-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #41
Lakepilot

Michael C

I really don't don't like responding to these types of threads, but I have to say - you are an idiot.

My daughter went to Mount Holyoke as have several great women that I know. For you to disparage the many women that have attended that great school is amazing. I know this - the education she got there is a heck of a lot better than the education from whatever rock you graduated from.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #42
Winnipesaukee

Default I AM Bonnie! Let me clear this up.

To the OP: I really screwed up that tattoo. Why do you think I was mad??

Seriously though. I'm sorry you had a bad experience and she didn't offer you a drink. As an informed consumer, there is legally one thing you can do. Don't go back... We all have problems with a company at some point or another.

I had a student once who went out sailing with a nose ring...

Oh yeah. I'm not Bonnie! Cheers!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #43
Kevin C

Default I was just wondering

When you remove a nose ring or a stud through your nose.....Do you start to whistle when you breathe?? Was just wondering.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Author Unknown.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 AM   #44
fatlazyless

Here's a thought.....instead of spending the money on a nose ring.....for ninety dollars you can get eight - 1 1/4 hour classes of Yoga at the Practice Room, up next to the Meredith round-about. Better to lose some weight -
improve posture
-
and increase lower back strength than to take a chance getting hepatitis with an unneeded medical procedure and a not too attractive nose ring. Just my two cents, Kiddo.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 AM   #45
ApS

Question Good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
"...When you remove a nose ring or a stud through your nose...Do you start to whistle when you breathe...?"
Maybe by installing two nose rings designed for the purpose—they can be made to harmonize?

Though...It might be difficult to explain just how paired nose rings would suffice for the NHMP's requirement to carry a whistle while boating.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #46
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Here's a thought.....instead of spending the money on a nose ring.....for ninety dollars you can get eight - 1 1/4 hour classes of Yoga at the Practice Room, up next to the Meredith round-about. Better to lose some weight -
improve posture
-
and increase lower back strength than to take a chance getting hepatitis with an unneeded medical procedure and a not too attractive nose ring. Just my two cents, Kiddo.
Less, you and I finally agree on something!!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #47
chipj29

Quote:
Trying not to get in a pissing contest here, but it is not her that is the idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
But you are not allowed to violate Forum rules and you are in clear violation of this one:

If you don't agree with something expressed on the Forum respond with your opinion, don't get personal! Your comments and opinions are welcome, personal attacks, insults or flames are not.

I can agree with that Rose. He has been nothing but brutal to the girl since his first post in this thread.

If she wants a nose ring, then she should get one (probably not at Bonnies). Just because someone else may not like it should not stop her.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #48
SIKSUKR

Default Wow!I thought I was intollerant at times.

I think a certain member needs a webmaster induced timeout.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #49
hazmatmedic

Default Who's the idiot?

I'm the idiot for reading this thread. That's several minutes I will never get back!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #50
Island Life

Why is everyone still discussing this? It's 90 degrees and beautiful outside. Let it go. . . .
Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #51
Winnigirl

Quote:
Vita Bene,
You are correct . She is entitled to do what she wants to her body. You are also correct that you have the right to say when you think i am being rude. we all have opinions.
I also have the right to give my opinion. My opinion is that she is stupid for complaining that she had to wait for her appointment when SHE was late for said appointment and that she was also an idiot for posessing brain cells that led her to believe that she would look better with a hunk of metal/stone sticking out the side of her nose. That is my opinion . I am entitled to it. You may disagree with me . thats okay
I must say though, that so many of the decisions being made today by some of our youths are disturbing.... High school seniors who can't find america on a map .. the test results ,just last week ,where only 27 per cent of the new teachers,just out of college could pass the math test to become a teacher...yeah, go re-read that again ! only 27 %...I bet they have their toungue piercings and their TATS and their nose rings and lip rings and their eyebrow piercings all in order...They were all busy getting all that done the day they taught logic in college.and all the boys have their boy friends and all the girls have their girl friends[thank you Mount Holyoke ! ]
Just because it is their opinion that what they do is right doesn't make it right..thats not the case. It only means that what they do is what they do..
So ,its okay if you disagree with me. I don't care... But I am entitled to my opinion just as they are all allowed their odd way of life

You might want to write in complete sentences and use proper punctuation when mocking others for their lack of education.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #52
Nadia

Talking Just to answer your question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
When you remove a nose ring or a stud through your nose.....Do you start to whistle when you breathe?? Was just wondering.
If you keep your mouth closed, plug each nostril with a finger, and push your breath through your nose forcefully you can actually make beautiful music, almost like playing the flute. Depending on who did the piercing will determine the quality of the sound. One must not push too hard though...the contents of their nose may come flying out the hole and possibly hit an innocent bystander. It's a very delicate balance, and a learned skill
Old 05-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #53
no-engine

Default everyone

Now get a life. move on..............

Main Street, Meredith
Old 05-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #54
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
If you keep your mouth closed, plug each nostril with a finger, and push your breath through your nose forcefully you can actually make beautiful music, almost like playing the flute. Depending on who did the piercing will determine the quality of the sound. One must not push too hard though...the contents of their nose may come flying out the hole and possibly hit an innocent bystander. It's a very delicate balance, and a learned skill
Please don't "whistle while you work"......

I have added beautiful music in the plus column
and projecting nasal fluids in the con.

Saw a guy the other day who could probably imitate a pipe organ...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #55
wildwoodfam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-Pass View Post
Does your hair dresser, doctor or anyone else that are running late offer you a drink and many do not even apologize.
Actually yes, had a doctor appointment just last week the Doc was 5 minutes behind schedule and apologized TWICE in the first minute of our appointment! The person who cuts my hair always comes out to offer me coffee, a magazine, etc as often she runs late.

A someone who works in "sales" - HOW you treat your clients, matters! Granted a Tat is more $ than a pierced nose, but look what has happened because of the way Dragonfly was treated. How you treat someone matters!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #56
wildwoodfam

Default I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
As I say to my 3 year old when she acts this way "It's time to sit in 'the chair' and be quiet for a couple minutes!"
Old 05-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #57
tricia1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
Ah, the ME generation. Thanks for a good laugh ! !
That is exactly what I thought when I read this post.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #58
jmen24

The hole in the nose thing is a complete turn-off for me, but to each their own.

As for the me generation thing, I think that is funny, whos generation is spending us into oblivion? Not mine as we are not old enough to take a public federal office position yet. My generation has a letter at the end of the alphabet and I understand that those ran out, but I find it funny that the generation that is spending now for them is calling their children and grandchildren the "Me" generation. Just my 2 cents, because this thread cannot get anymore off topic.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #59
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
The hole in the nose thing is a complete turn-off for me, but to each their own.

As for the me generation thing, I think that is funny, whos generation is spending us into oblivion? Not mine as we are not old enough to take a public federal office position yet. My generation has a letter at the end of the alphabet and I understand that those ran out, but I find it funny that the generation that is spending now for them is calling their children and grandchildren the "Me" generation. Just my 2 cents, because this thread cannot get anymore off topic.
Nose piercing and politics all in one thread.... whoo-hoo!

(psst - the "Z-generation" is also called the "I-Generation" but that's for "Internet" I believe... No? )

You can only get this sorta stuff on this forum, folks!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #60
jmen24

Default I know, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Nose piercing and politics all in one thread.... whoo-hoo!

(psst - the "Z-generation" is also called the "I-Generation" but that's for "Internet" I believe... No? )

You can only get this sorta stuff on this forum, folks!

Can't believe it went through without tearing a hole in the universe myself.

I am not really picking on anyone in general, just thought I would throw something into the mix.

I am generation "Y" I believe for Y2K, but I believe it is for Y are we not as cool as generation "X", I mean we did take the Extreme sports to the next level; right?

I have probably wasted enough of the forums memory for now.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #61
Sman

you guys still talking about this?

go through a day without getting bad service somewhere and post that
Old 05-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #62
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman View Post

AGREED!

To others: Now get a life. move on..............

Time for moderator to STOP this foolish thread. nuff said.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #63
ApS

Wink THIS post ought to end it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life View Post
Why is everyone still discussing this? It's 90 degrees and beautiful outside..."
Not TO-DA-A-Y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
"...Nose piercing and politics all in one thread.... whoo-hoo...!"
Does "Bonnies" do lip plugs?

Quote:
"...you guys still talking about this..."?
We desperately need a change of subject...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
"...Saw a guy the other day who could probably imitate a pipe organ..."
That guy doesn't have to shake his head once in a while.

Edited for tis and PennyPenny:

Tis, you were PM'd as soon as I saw your post.

The photo appeared at Google, and PennyPenny has it right: If you look at the cigarette, it's way too small for the size of the head. It's a certainty that the rest of the photo was photoshopped as well.

Last edited by ApS; 05-28-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Note to tis
Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #64
jmen24

Quote:

You posted earlier in this thread, but NOW you think it is not worth talking about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
AGREED!

To others: Now get a life. move on..............

Time for moderator to STOP this foolish thread. nuff said.
Three posts in a thread and each is an attempt to stop this thread from growing, is there a hint of connection to the establishment being discussed, because I cannot think of another reason why you would care so much.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #65
dragonfly03246

For those of you who do not read thoroughly, if you look at my earlier posts, you will see that we made a second appointment for 5:30 because she is the one who told us she would be done by then.
The whole point of my post was never about the appointments. It was about how I was treated, regardless of that day being my birthday. I only posted to relay an unpleasant experience. I never, in my wildest, imagined I would have received the posts that were posted.
Also, there are some people who immediately stereotyped me as a young girl. What does that say about you?? For all any of you know, I could be 40 or 50 years old. I am not revealing my age but I will tell you this…I am not as young as many of you think.

Now for some “good” news…The next day we went to Freehill Trading in Tilton to get my nose piercing. We were treated with the upmost respect. They immediately acknowledged us as we walked through the door. The man at the counter explained that the man doing my piercing (I think his name was Josh) was doing a tattoo but should be done in about 10 minutes. I said no problem, we would wait. He then offered us a bottle of water which we accepted. There was plenty to look at because it was also a head shop so we didn’t mind waiting. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes but after about 10, the man at the counter check with Josh again to see how much longer it would be. He came back and said, “He’s just finishing up, he should be with you in a few minutes”.

I didn’t mind waiting this time because we were treated well and we kept busy looking at all the items for sale. I am very happy that I got my nose pierced and love the way it looks. It even cost about half the price of Forever Bonnie.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #66
Grant

Highly entertaining thread...but it seems many posters need to take their Mydol and chill.

Let's go fishing!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #67
Argie's Wife

If the mod killed every thread someone else thought was frivolous then we wouldn't have a forum, right? To each his own.

On another note, if you Google "Forever Bonnie", like I have, you won't find a website for the business but you will find where Ms. Dragonfly has going around posting a negative review of the place on a few other sites.

Just like the review she wrote here - almost verbatim.

... I think this was another drive-by posting to try to get back at Bonnie. It's not slander but there's stuff that's just not adding up here, at least in my humble opinion. I doubt we'll see Ms. D. back here again and feel sorta bad for Bonnie if this has tainted her business at all - it's just not fair. There's two sides to every story.

C'est la vie!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #68
sa meredith

Default so....

On another note, did the piercing ever get done, and, is it infected yet?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #69
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Not TO-DA-A-Y!

Does "Bonnies" do lip plugs?

We desperately need a change of subject...

That guy doesn't have to shake his head once in a while.

Oh, that poor dog! Do you think they really pierced him that much or are they just clipped on. I think it is cruel if he was actually pierced that much!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #70
fatlazyless

Can you believe it......that doggie was actually a basset hound....before its' new doggie do......... !

...rainy...cold raw day today....no kiddin?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #71
PennyPenny

Default Gotta Be Clip Ons... He has more bling then me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Oh, that poor dog! Do you think they really pierced him that much or are they just clipped on. I think it is cruel if he was actually pierced that much!
I highly doubt a dog would keep that many earrings in! He would have scratched them raw. I don't think he is inhaling the smoke either, some dogs are smarter then some people.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #72
Nadia

Smile Oh My Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Please don't "whistle while you work"......

I have added beautiful music in the plus column
and projecting nasal fluids in the con.

Saw a guy the other day who could probably imitate a pipe organ...
WOW I just laughed as hard as I have all day after reading that! Thank you for that one RG!
Closed Thread